Sideshow got me, I missed the Grey Hulk!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshows 4.00am debacle

Jesseawilson said:
Not a chance, if people had heard that there was a edition size of 50 half of the world would be trying to get it and we would all probably still be waiting for our screens to refresh....... Sideshow's computer would have burst into flames and the entire place burnt down by now.
Jesse

Why even announce the LE....like so many items...just put TBD and then noone knows it's any different until disappears because the 50 went already? Simple...makes it no different than the Green Hulk at that point.

lcummins said:
No, there was only a "hint" of something mentioned in the podcast, and the link to this exclusive was on the product page of the green exclusive, so if you went in and ordered fast like I did, you missed it! For all I know, they were still available when I ordered the green exclusive! :banghead

That's pretty much what happened to me as well. It was probably there when I ordered but didn't notice. Actually, I kind of like the gray version better and would have most likely kept that one over the green version. I may attempt to repaint it though when I get it.

lcummins said:
No, there was only a "hint" of something mentioned in the podcast, and the link to this exclusive was on the product page of the green exclusive, so if you went in and ordered fast like I did, you missed it! For all I know, they were still available when I ordered the green exclusive! :banghead

You know...I never even seen the newsletter until after it was gone. I noticed through the 'New Arrivals' link. So didn't even have to be a newsletter member to know about it anyway.

DannieDarKo said:
Oh then this MUST suck! :violin :violin

Yes indeed! But I'm hopeful that either the wait list or a board member might come through! I guess you can't get everything, even when you try.

Count me on the missed out list and I'm in the US too. Had to go to bed early last night to prepare for a very early morning. I have to admit while I did expect a limited Grey exclusive I did not anticipate it to be so limited. Yeah, I would have ordered it if I had been one of the lucky ones, but I'm not going to beat myself up over it. Won't be the last time I miss out on something, I'm sure.

Guess, I'll be just as happy with my Green version. Will make my son happy anyway. He's our big Hulk fan and can't figure out why people want to paint Hulk grey, LOL

I was slightly confused too. When I placed my order this morning there was not a full pay option. There were 2 links for the flexpay option. This may be fixed now, but I would have preferred to ordered the full pay option. Guess flexpay may end up being better in the long run. Just confused about the apparent mixup.

jdonoho said:
You sure...maybe it did, but online...the 1/6/06 newsletter link was posted on 1/6/06. Yet the 1/13/06 newsletter link was posted on 1/12/06. So something is off if it was released 1/5/06, yet they didn't put the link up until 1/6/06. Don't know...just some discrepancies I see.

Positive. I remeber thinking it was funny the link saying it was the newsletter for the next day when it was still the day before. It seems they've been going up around 6pm if not before that. Not sure why it was behind yesterday.

Well its all news for me. I thought that Hulk we be going up the same time Aragorn was going up for sale. Just like with Skinner last week. I also thought it was odd there was no Prioity Pre Order for Hulk assuming the edition size would be High.

But for me it has become too much to deal these things. Its like I have to go on a treasure hunt to order these statues. And even with the set times, which suck being sold 10:00am pst or 1:00pm EST while I'm working with the rest of the world.

I guess I'm to blame and didn't read the so-called clues, but whatever. I'm kinda of pissed because I was interested in the piece but know I feel almost betrayed, odd.

Sideshow is very sneaky. Its just bad timing, with the whole "new" login for the news letter and the Prioirity ordering and now the grey hulk which I had no clue about because I trusted Sideshow to send me an email like with Aragorn to give me the heads up.

I imagine there must be alot of pissed people out there, but what can we do, complain, will it work, or cry like babies like I'm doing now. I think I will complain to them also. :crying :crying :crying :crying

Monster said:
Well its all news for me. I thought that Hulk we be going up the same time Aragorn was going up for sale. Just like with Skinner last week. I also thought it was odd there was no Prioity Pre Order for Hulk assuming the edition size would be High.

But for me it has become too much to deal these things. Its like I have to go on a treasure hunt to order these statues. And even with the set times, which suck being sold 10:00am pst or 1:00pm EST while I'm working with the rest of the world.

I guess I'm to blame and didn't read the so-called clues, but whatever. I'm kinda of pissed because I was interested in the piece but know I feel almost betrayed, odd.

Sideshow is very sneaky. Its just bad timing, with the whole "new" login for the news letter and the Prioirity ordering and now the grey hulk which I had no clue about because I trusted Sideshow to send me an email like with Aragorn to give me the heads up.

I imagine there must be alot of pissed people out there, but what can we do, complain, will it work, or cry like babies like I'm doing now. I think I will complain to them also. :crying :crying :crying :crying

I'm really sorry so many people are feeling sad about this, but you gotta realize that with such a TINY edition size this was really the only way to do it to keep scalpers away. If we had even hinted that we would be selling it and how small of an edition size it would be those scalpers would have been SWARMING and practically none of the collectors would have gotten one - plus, if a time had been announced for the gray hulk, it would have been sold out in a nano-second, nevermind 30 minutes or so. This method was just one more way to reward our customer base who loyally reads the Sideshow home page and scans the product pages with a fine-tooth comb.

We didn't announce the time for the Green Hulk versions because their edition sizes are both TBD for now. Oh, and the Skinner and the X3 maquettes went on sale Thursday night with the posting of the newsletter as well, not Friday morning... in most cases, everything except for the scheduled priority pre-orders will always go up for sale with the posting of the newsletter.

Again, I'm sorry you're feeling like we did this to you on purpose, but we really did put some thought behind it, and we can almost guarantee that no scalpers got one, at least take heart in that! (well, unless one of your fellow board members who got one decides to flip it of course :thwak)

Last edited:
SideshowDusty said:
I'm really sorry so many people are feeling sad about this, but you gotta realize that with such a TINY edition size this was really the only way to do it to keep scalpers away. If we had even hinted that we would be selling it and how small of an edition size it would be those scalpers would have been SWARMING and practically none of the collectors would have gotten one - plus, if a time had been announced for the gray hulk, it would have been sold out in a nano-second, nevermind 30 minutes or so. This method was just one more way to reward our customer base who loyally reads the newsletters online and scans the product pages with a fine-tooth comb.

We didn't announce the time for the Green Hulk versions because their edition sizes are both TBD for now. Oh, and the Skinner and the X3 maquettes went on sale Thursday night with the posting of the newsletter as well, not Friday morning... in most cases, everything except for the scheduled priority pre-orders will always go up for sale with the posting of the newsletter.

Again, I'm sorry you're feeling like we did this to you on purpose, but we really did put some thought behind it, and we can almost guarantee that no scalpers got one, at least take heart in that! (well, unless one of your fellow board members who got one decides to flip it of course :thwak)

Great post Dusty.... That was the only way to do it...at 50 pieces for an edition ,even some of the more hardcore Sideshow fans will miss it...Guess it was a matter of right place, right time...

SideshowDusty said:
I'm really sorry so many people are feeling sad about this, but you gotta realize that with such a TINY edition size this was really the only way to do it to keep scalpers away. If we had even hinted that we would be selling it and how small of an edition size it would be those scalpers would have been SWARMING and practically none of the collectors would have gotten one - plus, if a time had been announced for the gray hulk, it would have been sold out in a nano-second, nevermind 30 minutes or so. This method was just one more way to reward our customer base who loyally reads the newsletters online and scans the product pages with a fine-tooth comb.

I can tell you now that at least 50% of the people who got this are flippers. If i had a chance to get it there was no way i'd ever sell it. Your time for us Europeans was a disgrace IMO. But then again i'm only spending $10k on SS stuff maybe its not enough. Sorry to be so tough on you Dusty but someone has to listen to be give out.

Hey I got an idea why dont all you people that must ***** and complain about this keep it all in one thread. Honestly what is the deal with 10 threads about the same thing. Is everyone's opinon really that earthshattering that it warrants a new thread every time.

Lets keep the forum reader friendly.........

Jesse

I think it was an excellent way of doing it (and I'm not just saying that because I got one). With the previous newsletter method it wouldn't have been reasonable and there would definitely be justified complaints, but everyone had the chance to read the newsletter and listen to the podcast at the same time. And I really think this DID keep it from the scalpers as we've seen that it's mostly frequent posters here and at SF that got the piece.

Hey Dusty how about in the future if they are going to do something like the grey hulk again (i'll use the hulk as an example)I suggest that you guys put the green exclusive and regular on sale announced. When ever the exclusive sells out you could of announced a lottery contest in a special newsletter for a chance to order the exclusive using the contest form. Have a 12-24 hour window to enter and that's that. Winner's would be contacted if they had been selected with further instructions on how to get their order processed. This option gives everyone a fair chance as long as they entered. It just seems like a good option to think about for next time. What do you think?????

I'm a bit distressed. I didn't know about the Gray Hulk. Probably didn't get the hints, or perhaps I was just sleeping? The scalpers didn't get one, and I didn't get one as well. To me, it amounts to the same. And I'm not happy about it.

Like the first 50 to order the exclusive green would get a shot to order the 50 Grey. I think this would be a better way for the future. If the Green Exclusive was sold out before the morning too i would have really been pissed.

SideshowDusty said:
I'm really sorry so many people are feeling sad about this, but you gotta realize that with such a TINY edition size this was really the only way to do it to keep scalpers away. If we had even hinted that we would be selling it and how small of an edition size it would be those scalpers would have been SWARMING and practically none of the collectors would have gotten one - plus, if a time had been announced for the gray hulk, it would have been sold out in a nano-second, nevermind 30 minutes or so. This method was just one more way to reward our customer base who loyally reads the Sideshow home page and scans the product pages with a fine-tooth comb.

Well in this case, for the people here who missed it, actually the lack of
this piece being available on Ebay, will mean that they'll never get it.
Double-edged sword I know, but as one who missed this item and really
wanted it, I'm thinking there'll be a slim to none chance of me being
successful on the wait list, or getting this piece from a board member,
or on Ebay. This is the most I've ever been disappointed missing a statue.

JS :(

Geez....you didn't get one...get over it!!!

You probably didn't get the cheerleader in highschool either. You want Sideshow to call them up and demand a date as well.

Bullseye said:
I can tell you now that at least 50% of the people who got this are flippers. If i had a chance to get it there was no way i'd ever sell it. Your time for us Europeans was a disgrace IMO. But then again i'm only spending $10k on SS stuff maybe its not enough. Sorry to be so tough on you Dusty but someone has to listen to be give out.

No need to apologize, I learned long ago not to take things too much to heart in the passionate arena of collecting :) And I totally feel for you, but honestly, there would not be time that it was posted that would have been perfect. If we had gone 3-5 hours earlier, most people in the US would still be at work and we would get blasted for that - if we had gone later, it would be in the middle of the night for even more of a majority of people. Unfortunately there's just no winning when it comes to world times. :peace

Dusty you shouldn't have to apologize. Sideshow does more than enough for it's customers!!!

Back