Sideshow got me, I missed the Grey Hulk!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshows 4.00am debacle

I don't see much merit in the complaints about the newsletter. It's been going up on Thursday for the last 2-3 weeks and at the same time I believe. So it's a persons duty to check SS site or their newsletter account a few times during Thursday or Friday depending on where your at in the world.

Kookie said:
Guess what people...I live in the USA and missed the Gray Hulk as well. I was 5 minutes late but that's how life is....it's sometimes unfair.

If people were clever and patient enough to wait and find it...I say good for them!!!!!

Good point with only 50 available ALOT of people missed out including those in the US. Wheather you were at home watching TV, sleeping, or at the bar. Just one of those things I guess.....

That's a good attitude to have though, I am also happy for those who got it.

Jesse

Hey, I heard because of the demand and not giving people fair notice...Sideshow was going to increase the edition size..a la the Dr. Doom exclusive.

Wasn't that the point of the online newsletter to give everyone a fair chance? Has it been announced that the newsletter will show up at 10PM EST Thursday from now on? I've always thought it was supposed to be Friday sometime, but still don't know any set time.

The thing is these are so popular and so sought after because of the edition size. If it were the green that was 50 nobody would even be talking about the grey except to ***** that it's not green......

Jesse

**disclaimer** Except for the few real hardcore marvel fans that prefer it in grey.

Jesseawilson said:
The thing is these are so popular and so sought after because of the edition size. If it were the green that was 50 nobody would even be talking about the grey except to ***** that it's not green......

Jesse

**disclaimer** Except for the few real hardcore marvel fans that prefer it in grey.

Yeah...I don't really care, but would just like to know if the newsletter is scheduled at a time or what? What's the point of the online newsletter that was supposed to give people an equal shot if you have no idea when it will show up anyway? Sounds about like the old method.

jdonoho said:
Has it been announced that the newsletter will show up at 10PM EST Thursday from now on?

No but it's been going up about the same time on Thursday for the last several week as I already. :confused:

10PM EST is a crazy time for the NL to go up. Thats 3.00am over here. What is going on over there in SS. What was wrong with the time of 6.00PM EST. That at least gave me a chance. It now looks like i'm going to miss all other exclusives.:banghead

Bullseye said:
10PM EST is a crazy time for the NL to go up. Thats 3.00am over here. What is going on over there in SS. What was wrong with the time of 6.00PM EST. That at least gave me a chance. It now looks like i'm going to miss all other exclusives.:banghead

Well it's not that often that a piece will be going up on a Thursday evening. Most will still be done the regular way. If they had announced this piece in advance then the order process would have taken at least 2-3 hours.....

Jesse

FYI, I missed out on an Aragorn Statue. I was busy doing other things at the time and I only missed it by about one or two years. :p :D

Jesseawilson said:
Well it's not that often that a piece will be going up on a Thursday evening. Most will still be done the regular way. If they had announced this piece in advance then the order process would have taken at least 2-3 hours.....

Jesse

Not for only 50! It would probably still have sold out in only 30 to 45 minutes or so. The real problem is that the newsletter needs to go up at a preset, standard time so that everyone has a fair chance to get online and see it at the same time. That would then give everyone a fair chance at pre-orders like this.

As you might can tell, I'm not quite in as forgiving a mood as I was last night. The more I think about it, the more annoyed I get.

jlcmsu said:
No but it's been going up about the same time on Thursday for the last several week as I already. :confused:

You sure...maybe it did, but online...the 1/6/06 newsletter link was posted on 1/6/06. Yet the 1/13/06 newsletter link was posted on 1/12/06. So something is off if it was released 1/5/06, yet they didn't put the link up until 1/6/06. Don't know...just some discrepancies I see.

lcummins said:
As you might can tell, I'm not quite in as forgiving a mood as I was last night. The more I think about it, the more annoyed I get.

HULK SMASH!!!!!

lcummins said:
Not for only 50! It would probably still have sold out in only 30 to 45 minutes or so.

Not a chance, if people had heard that there was a edition size of 50 half of the world would be trying to get it and we would all probably still be waiting for our screens to refresh....... Sideshow's computer would have burst into flames and the entire place burnt down by now.

Jesse

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Thanks for the link! Was this piece really mentioned in the newsletter??? I've checked it again, and I can't find it!

No, there was only a "hint" of something mentioned in the podcast, and the link to this exclusive was on the product page of the green exclusive, so if you went in and ordered fast like I did, you missed it! For all I know, they were still available when I ordered the green exclusive! :banghead

lcummins said:
No, there was only a "hint" of something mentioned in the podcast, and the link to this exclusive was on the product page of the green exclusive, so if you went in and ordered fast like I did, you missed it! For all I know, they were still available when I ordered the green exclusive! :banghead

That really sucks!

DannieDarKo said:
No offense Lonnie, but do you even collect Marvel?

Well lets see... I have the Green Goblin 1/4, the Logan 1/4, both Elektra 1/4s, the Drake Marquette, the Thing marquette, both Punisher 1/4s, both Wolverine/Sabertooth statues, X-men/Sentinel Exclusive on the way, Ironman on the way, Doom Exclusive on the way, Hulk/Spider-man Exclusive (green) on order, and Thing bust on the way!! I don't know, but it sounds like I collect Marvel to me... :peace

Back