Sideshow GODZILLA Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well said Maul. BTW, why in the world did they kill off Darth Maul in episode I? He was the only cool character in the entire movie. Its almost like what did they only show Godzilla for like 10 minutes when the movie's named after it.

Nah, I'm gonna say they prolly feel humiliated for settling for an $850 dollar giant piece of vinyl.

Humiliated? That's such a ridiculous amount of hyperbole. It's actually funny but I don't think you meant it with humorous intent.

ALL statutes are way overpriced, period, including this one, but we all chose which ones we overpay for. I chose to overpay for Godzilla. You can chose otherwise.

Have the x-plus Godzilla too, and i am very happy with it. The best 2014 Godzilla statue available on the market.

We need more pics and vids for assessment. Everyone's too shy to post I guess.

Here is a review by someone who is satisfied. In the lighting in his vid, it doesn't look too bad, either. Eyes look decent, and the dark lighting seems to suit the statue. Honestly, the more I see/read things, the more I hope to score one of these down the road for a major markdown. Looks like it could be a fun repaint project.

Given how big it is, its presence is undeniable. I just wish it comes in another color other than albino and charcoal. I guess if you were planning to do a custom paint job anyway, it is worth considering as long as the price is right for you.

If I had painting skills I might have reconsidered.
But seriously, that shouldn't be a consideration I have to have on an $800 piece.

If X-Plus can manage a very nice paint job on a $160 Godzilla, it's a natural reaction to be disappointed in what Sideshow have produced here.
Hopefully their smaller "TBA" edition offers better value.

These bad boys are selling on Ebay. I just don't get why some look albino and some look charcoal. Lighting perhaps.

is the statue that bad in real life, paint job does look very dull

Main complaints I've seen here: dull, monochromatic, lacking detail in skin scales, base is light/cheap/simple, Godzilla is light, and overall shape is a bit off. General consensus is that it's an okay to good dinosaur statue, but a letdown for Godzilla. Would have been much more favored if it had been a PF price, but still not a slam dunk by any stretch.

Back