Sideshow GODZILLA Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks man, will do:). Can't wait for the eventual King Ghidorah and Rodan maquette from the sequel, my mind boggles how insane they would look next to the Goji.

I've run out of room, not to mention money. And the closets are stuffed to the max with boxes. But what the hell, the day-to-day presence of these wonderful statues provides a strange kind of peace of mind, so we eventually figure out how to get 'em and where to put 'em.

Paint is flat, regardless of how you try to justify it.
The interior of the mouth also dusty?

Just hope they put more effort into the upcoming statue.

OK, I tried to mimic a wet Godzilla that just came out of the water. Applied a glossy finish using Ardcoat and here's the result.
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Looks great either way! I prefer the dry look, which matches the base, but the extra shine is quite attractive in its own right. As usual, lighting really adds to the dramatic effect, especially when you're dealing with a sculpt as nice as this one.

Agreed Garygerani, the sculpt is god damn amazing alright:), something about it just looks so natural and organic. Anyway here's some more shots in natural lighting. I think the gloss coating really brings out the texture and details even more.
IMG_2438.jpgIMG_2442.jpgIMG_2441.jpgIMG_2437.jpg

Wow. More impressive photos. The third-from-the-top shot is amazing, with that underside view of the raised head and dramatic lighting on the side. Glad you're having fun!

Yeah love playing around with the lighting. Also just curious what type of material is this maquette made from, I realize it's hollow inside but is it still polystone or PVC? I've heard the base is PVC but not sure about the actual statue.

Figured I might as well throw another positive log onto the fire. Had a friend of the family over today to help with my furnace. He's a bit older and watched Godzilla a lot as a kid. He probably spent a good 2-3 minutes inspecting this guy in my living room. He really liked it. Overall, I have actually gotten more compliments from visitors for this than the other pieces that used to be in my living room.

Back