Sideshow GODZILLA Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The best thing this guy has going for it is his size. Fact is, even many casual G-fans seem to want one large high end Godzilla collectible in their collection. And unlike x-plus which take up so much space, Sideshow is clearly trying to pose then in ways that they take up less space.

There aren't many options out there to meet that criteria for 2014 or earlier. So maybe some people want this for lack of other options?

As I said in the new Darth Maul thread. I've waited since 1998 waiting for the perfect Maul (in my eye) collectible to come out. This new one has my full attention. The same goes for 2014 Godzilla statues. I'll wait until something blows me away and with 2018 coming out I am not too worried. In the meantime, x-plus did a great job and works better with my collection anyway.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It's on the edge of being a great piece I think, just needed a little extra pop to his skin detail and correct eye paint.

Have to agree with you. I'm hopeful this is gonna kick some ass when it's displayed. I have one of the Sideshow Weta Cave Trolls which has an awesome paint job and it's over 10 years old so I think they can do it.

well mine will be coming, so will know in a few days just how this piece looks

in these pics, the detail defn seems to be lacking on Zilla himself, but I think a better paint app could've saved that. Even if he had better detail, I still wouldn't look at this and think it were a $800 piece.

I've decided to keep mine. I love the pose, the size, and I might get a repaint. With a nice paint job, it'll have a powerful presence. Maybe I'll bedazzle the base, too:bunnydanc

Last edited:
Got mine a few days ago. Very underwhelmed. I have hundreds of Godzilla models and figures. Really don't even care to display this piece. The space is better served with other things.

It's got size, seeing it with JAKKS and having seen how big JAKKS is, this thing is enormous, the new statue would definitely be a reduction in size if it's really more like 12" tall.

Interestingly, the camera angle at times makes this one almost seem to have the same proportions as the new statue, but we know the real proportions from Sideshow's photos, I'm eager to see their photos of the new one.

The pose is pretty nice, but I feel like the big thing this has going for it is the size, and while a nicer quality finish than JAKKS, you can get the JAKKS for less than 1/8 the cost and still have a huge Godzilla 2014 that is more film accurate in areas.

Got mine a few days ago. Very underwhelmed. I have hundreds of Godzilla models and figures. Really don't even care to display this piece. The space is better served with other things.

Given the lack of buzz and photos, this may be the case with many. Still looking forward to some super high-res pics.

Got #10. Base is huge but feels cheap like the Wonder Woman pf base. Statue has lots of presence.

Attachments

• DSC01934.JPG
    DSC01934.JPG
    195.8 KB · Views: 218
  • DSC01956.JPG
    DSC01956.JPG
    177.6 KB · Views: 229
  • DSC01974.JPG
    DSC01974.JPG
    161.8 KB · Views: 216
  • DSC01986.JPG
    DSC01986.JPG
    160.1 KB · Views: 218
  • DSC01994.JPG
    DSC01994.JPG
    144.8 KB · Views: 218
  • DSC01966.JPG
    DSC01966.JPG
    129.8 KB · Views: 214
  • DSC01981.JPG
    DSC01981.JPG
    174.3 KB · Views: 279
  • DSC01982.JPG
    DSC01982.JPG
    197.3 KB · Views: 215
The face looks nothing like him

Not true. Face is very accurate.

I'd say reality lies somewhere between both opinions, it definitely looks like Godzilla 2014, but it's not spot on. It doesn't help when photos exaggerate things. The face closeup above makes his snout look huge against his face, but there are shots from last year's comic con and Sideshow official shots where you can see it's not so dramatic. But even in the best shots, it's not spot on.

Back