1/6 Hot Toys - MMS681 - Episode II: Attack of The Clones - Mace Windu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huh? Did you sculpt this yourself or something? I am still getting it and think it'll look fine at a viewing distance. Was making light of the fact that it might need some shadowing...

View attachment 703182

…huh? Did you seriously feel I was being hostile with my reply?

I was trying to be tongue in cheek by saying if you’re gonna have it hooded up, and have it displayed at the bottom of the shelf where there is less light, then just kitbash your mace. Like why spend $260-$280 on something you can’t even admire at a close distance?

Interesting. Anyone else cancel an item where RP are used and have the RP returned to your account?
Screenshot_20240517_113059_Edge.jpg

I’m always struggling with what should go on the bottom shelf. This could end up being the first ever day one arrival bottom shelfer :LOL:
I just went and looked at my 7 Detolfs and it's all Sideshow figures and a Hasbro Jar Jar :) Heck, the Hasbro Ponda Baba made it to shelf two! Mace won't end up on the bottom because the rest of the figure is good. I really think I'll end up putting the Clone arm gauntlets on him and putting him with CW Anakin and Kenobi...

…huh? Did you seriously feel I was being hostile with my reply?

I was trying to be tongue in cheek by saying if you’re gonna have it hooded up, and have it displayed at the bottom of the shelf where there is less light, then just kitbash your mace. Like why spend $260-$280 on something you can’t even admire at a close distance?
Gotcha. Inflection didn't come through and it sounded like "If you think this sucks so bad, just build one yourself!". All good :)

That's the way it should be if the cancelation is based on inadequate product quality for sure.
Yeah but... Corporate greed tends to trump fairness. I do like the idea of a few getting theirs back tho. Least someone didn't get f'd.

This is my problem with leaving customer service up to an algorithm or scripted bot program.

If they have secured the rights to the PT and it's anniversary, I have reason to believe that they DID NOT use his likeness for any other reason than his likeness is not part of the deal.

Which, by my mind - assuming - is another cost all on its own. Which HT foolishly decided to not pay for. Just like Ewan McGregor. Just like Mark Hamill. Just Like Liam Neeson.

These actors likeness are apparently NOT part of the license agreement. Their character is.

However, these characters are so iconic, they bank on the figs selling without that likeness.

Which absolutely, without a shadow of a doubt, is indeed true. Windu just happened to be off limits to that for some.

The SW license is so astronomically expensive, from Disney. Companies don't wanna pay for High level actor likeness rights as well on top of it.

That's my take.

Last edited:
If they have secured the rights to the PT and it's anniversary, I have reason to believe that they DID NOT use his likeness for any other reason than his likeness is not part of the deal.

Which, by my mind - assuming - is another cost all on its own. Which HT foolishly decided to not pay for. Just like Ewan McGregor. Just like Mark Hamill. Just Like Liam Neeson.

These actors likeness are apparently NOT part of the license agreement. Their character is.

However, these characters are so iconic, they bank on the figs selling without that likeness.

Which absolutely, without a shadow of a doubt, is indeed true. Windu just happened to be off limits to that for some.
His name is quoted on the HT website though which indicates there is a licensed agreement.

IMG_5163.jpeg

Back