Sideshow GODZILLA Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Upcoming Sideshow GODZILLA Collectibles

Hate to piss on parades but I found this in the other godzilla collectibles thread:

_tempIMG_20130720_164136_576_zpsb56f0300.jpg

I guess this is the new design for godzilla.. he looks like a ****ing hedgehog..

Another angle. I quiet like it. got a real temper about like someone woke him up in the middle of the best sleep ever. does have serious thunder thighs but..
Godzilla_2014_Design_Concept_2_-_Collider.png

The hands kill it. He looks timid.
Godzilla is known to have a muscular almost human like upper body.

The hands kill it. He looks timid.
Godzilla is known to have a muscular almost human like upper body.

I don't think they are bad, it is just the lower body being way too bulky that makes the upper body look small. If the legs and tail were half as fat his proportions would be about right.

That is one fat Godzilla :lol

Well... to be fair it looks alright, staying true to the original but with added touches. The only thing that's making it look too chubby is the neck area.

I see what they tried to do, add a bulked up look to the original, which did have a large lower body. I think they overthought it, trying to make him 3x larger than the original and add bulk to hold the extra weight. It comes off as fat and smooth as opposed to a strong muscular structure like a predator, but required for a realistic version of an animal this large. Those legs are classic large herbivore all the way(those were the "heavies"). The arms, legs(ankle area moreso), base of tail all are big and round because of this. Neck is also too large for that size mouth. I don't think fans would have minded if they stylized him up more instead of going for accuracy concerning the weight.

I guess it won't matter much as long as the movie is good, I can live with it. Still looks better than the 98 version(although their proportions were better, more like a T-rex, albeit less faithful to the original)

I guess this is the new design for godzilla.. he looks like a ****ing hedgehog..

While close, the final design will differ quite a bit from that, that's an early maquette used in the design process.

There have been some leaks to glimpse his final head and torso but not much, the figure in the above post is the closest look at all of him so far and even that is a curse toy and not spot on.

While close, the final design will differ quite a bit from that, that's an early maquette used in the design process.

There have been some leaks to glimpse his final head and torso but not much, the figure in the above post is the closest look at all of him so far and even that is a curse toy and not spot on.

Can't wait to see the final look and the film itself of course. If you run across a good sneak peak pic can you hot link it here so we can see it?

Hopefully this movie kicks ***. The trailer had gotten my hopes up. Either way, you know the sculpt from SS will be awesome. Hopefully the paintjob follows suit. I cant wait to see what they do with this.

I'm really pulling for this movie to do well too.
I do believe the right people are working on it.

It'll be interesting to see how much the final CGI desing allows Sideshow to show off paintwork. The few glimpses we've had so far make him seem more of a sculpt display than a paint display, though it does seem like from leaks that his belly will be a different shade from his body, though that's toys and toys have historically put light shades on his chest for some reason. We should know soon, general freedom to show of products hits mid-March, we'll probably have plenty of good looks at him in the movie around then, wonder if Sideshow'll wait until SDCC or show off something sooner.

Back