Premium Format Sideshow Friday the 13th Jason Voorhees: Legend of Crystal Lake Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I agree that the blood splatter/weathering doesn't look as good as the proto, I'm also keeping in mind that these are the first in-hand pics and too early to judge. Weathering doesn't always translate well in pictures so I'm not gonna sweat it unless there's a reason to when I have it Monday.

Last edited:
Well I did grow up in the eighties, and blood splatter on the statue has nothing to do with the movie. You can't tell me that this compares to this.
fbb377d06fbef006d508d4a9195eafc8.jpg

d55f9cdf96258e7c8412d0299154b8ce.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

Hahaha! I didn't realize this. WTF Sideshow? :rotfl

I got to believe the blood splatter is going to differ somewhat from piece to piece...some might have more, some less, slightly different pattern...should be interesting to see. Maybe we could set up a swap program on the forum so those that prefer more/less blood/different blood pattern could swap with others who have different preferences:wink1:

I prefer the blood splatter and weathering on the side show pic pictures

I usually go insane with sideshow pulling stupid stuff. But in this pieces case,... i do not see the cause for alarm. Its the first in hand pics, and there is no way every piece will have the same blood splatter effect. The piece itself looks great, and we all knew from the start that it was not a 100% screen accurate piece. The mask is a mix of movies. All i know is i bought the piece for the portrayal not the blood. I can only speak for myself but if my piece comes like that i will be pleased.

Blood splatter would be pretty easy to do for even a novice painter...but you shouldn't have to.

This company charges in excess of $500 for a no-longer-so-collectible due to over-inflated ES piece and can't even take pride in making a production piece as close to the proto as possible...?! With all the competition these days, SS needs to give their head a shake. They're losing the plot. And that mask color looks like it's been baking in the oven. Brown mask? Really?! Yet another reason why I haven't bought anything of Sideshow in over a year. First off, a MOVIE PF should be screen accurate. I can forgive the "stylized" excuse but the blood and mud work is just totally a lazy effort compared to the proto and you shouldn't have to fix anything at that price. You shouldn't have to fix anything at a $50 price. Take some pride in your work Sideshow!!! Have fun all you that are going to have to fix this yourselves. I'm glad I don't run a company this way. Anyhoo. It's fixable but you shouldn't have to... really. I'm just annoyed by the effort they are putting into the horror line. They are capable of so much better work than this and Freddy and Leatherface. No more "stylized" movie PFs and much better paintwork is needed. They're clearly laughing all the way to the bank. They could throw $10 more to the painters and have them do much better paint work (see XM Studios). :lecture

Trying to remember but I think this was a day 1 preorder for me so if thats right I ordered it 7/30/15 and I got charged final payment this morning ,Item is shipped and I will get it tom 9/16/16 . so roughly 1 year ,a month and a half from preorder to delivery .

Oh ...........And Can't Wait to receive it

Don't get me wrong its a nice statue but I want more weathering.

Back