Premium Format Sideshow Friday the 13th Jason Voorhees: Legend of Crystal Lake Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey , Thanks alot for the Unboxing/Review video . Really appreciate you taking the time to do it tonight . Now I am all fired up to get mine !

This company charges in excess of $500 for a no-longer-so-collectible due to over-inflated ES piece and can't even take pride in making a production piece as close to the proto as possible...?! With all the competition these days, SS needs to give their head a shake. They're losing the plot. And that mask color looks like it's been baking in the oven. Brown mask? Really?! Yet another reason why I haven't bought anything of Sideshow in over a year. First off, a MOVIE PF should be screen accurate. I can forgive the "stylized" excuse but the blood and mud work is just totally a lazy effort compared to the proto and you shouldn't have to fix anything at that price. You shouldn't have to fix anything at a $50 price. Take some pride in your work Sideshow!!! Have fun all you that are going to have to fix this yourselves. I'm glad I don't run a company this way. Anyhoo. It's fixable but you shouldn't have to... really. I'm just annoyed by the effort they are putting into the horror line. They are capable of so much better work than this and Freddy and Leatherface. No more "stylized" movie PFs and much better paintwork is needed. They're clearly laughing all the way to the bank. They could throw $10 more to the painters and have them do much better paint work (see XM Studios). :lecture

Don't panic over first posted photos.. Seems like everyone should have learned that lesson by now :(

e00179264754e4a434b29c28310cebb5.jpg
7293e36a12c4fe22281d971eb344240e.jpg

Got Jason. Love him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You gotta futz with that back of that shirt and pull it out... Jason looks way to skinny :)

Don't panic over first posted photos.. Seems like everyone should have learned that lesson by now :(

Sorry Jaws, I don't want to knock people that are happy with this. One more thing I noticed is that if Freddy were standing on Jason's base it looks like both figures would be the same height...? Jason is supposed to be thick and massive. This seems like another Sideshow shortcut. Meh I just find this wasn't the greatest effort by Sideshow but that's cool. To those that like him, be happy with your purchase. I spoke with my wallet and didn't buy this. To the rest of you, enjoy him. He's not bad, just not absolutely menacing and awesome like he should be. :)

Last edited:

You gotta futz with that back of that shirt and pull it out... Jason looks way to skinny :)

I agree. The back of the shirt needs to be looser. Only women's shirts are cut like that. It makes him look feminine.

Sorry Jaws, I don't want to knock people that are happy with this. One more thing I noticed is that if Freddy were standing on Jason's base it looks like both figures would be the same height...? Jason is supposed to be thick and massive. This seems like another Sideshow shortcut. Meh I just find this wasn't the greatest effort by Sideshow but that's cool. To those that like him, be happy with your purchase. I spoke with my wallet and didn't buy this. To the rest of you, enjoy him. He's not bad, just not absolutely menacing and awesome like he should be. :)

No problem... I was being grumpy :lol I agree about the height.. He is shorter than he should be. I think there are good things about this piece.. Will have to wait and see it in hand. Photos and video have been a bit underwhelming but I am holding off judgment.

It's all in the eye of the beholder. Did some of the weathering and detail get lost in the production...yes. In the end...are you happy with it? If not, just call SS and do an exchange. I should have mine on Monday.

I'll definitely be futzing with that "slim fit" shirt. Lol

I agree. The back of the shirt needs to be looser. Only women's shirts are cut like that. It makes him look feminine.

Oh snap! You're right! That's a woman's shirt. I hope it can be futzed. Splatter and smear a little blood where all the blood "dots" are and this will look a lot better.
Regarding the height... you'd have to do some surgery to the mid section and elongate.

Last edited:
It makes him more aerodynamic when he hacks and slices.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

Back