Premium Format Sideshow Friday the 13th Jason Voorhees: Legend of Crystal Lake Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bit dissappointing. Doesn't look like its worth $449.00. The base is cool vut the rest looks boring IMO.

I have mixed feelings about this,it looks ok but not close enough to the proto which is a little disappointing,and the blood splatter is a joke.Its not a good look,and was his pants always that colour? Base is real nice but the fine details are somewhat lost with the average paint apps.Maybe my mind will change with other pics

Crazy. Looks like the proto and how hard is it to splatter some blood on your own? It's not like you have to sculpt anything. People are strange and will ***** about anything. BTW, nothing is worth what we pay, but we have the money so we throw it away. Consider yourselves lucky enough to do so.

Crazy. Looks like the proto and how hard is it to splatter some blood on your own? It's not like you have to sculpt anything. People are strange and will ***** about anything. BTW, nothing is worth what we pay, but we have the money so we throw it away. Consider yourselves lucky enough to do so.

We shouldn't have to add anything to the statue. Also I don't have money to throw away, I work hard to for what I earn. I have to picky with what I buy and I was considering this but unless it looks better in other photos, its a pass.

It looks like SS did a very nice job on this one. The head sculpts/paint apps. look great. Love the base...yes, the blood spatter is a little different than the prototype but I assumed it would be. I think you could make the case that most of SS pieces are not worth the increasingly high costs they are charging so this one would not be any different...it is what it is. I'll have mine Tuesday.

It looks like SS did a very nice job on this one. The head sculpts/paint apps. look great. Love the base...yes, the blood spatter is a little different than the prototype but I assumed it would be. I think you could make the case that most of SS pieces are not worth the increasingly high costs they are charging so this one would not be any different...it is what it is. I'll have mine Tuesday.

When you factor in production costs, licensing, and marketing in 2016 dollars, the cost is about right.

The base is nice and the head sculpt but that blood splatter looks like he spilled a Snapple apple all over himself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

This is a bloody character so he should have blood splatter all over his weapons and clothes. But if you feel need the bring more realism to Jason just mix brown and red to create blood and and do a wash with a brush.

That hockey mask sucks so much.

Checking some reference photos from Part III, the mask is not exactly movie accurate. The shape appears to be rounder than in the movie, with larger holes and more white than yellow in the movie. Chalk it up to "artistic license" which you will, unfortunately, find on most of SS movie-related character pieces (i.e., Predator, etc.).

What? You guys complain way too much and nit pick over little details like blood splatter?! Omg. Well I like how this looks. Some of you did not grow up in the 1980's like I did and in the film, Part 3 wasn't as grotesque like showing blood on clothes and what have you, as the later films did. Jason's clothes wasn't all bloodied up.

I'm happy with the results of this statue from seeing the pictures. Thanks Pilky for sharing.

Can't wait to get mine!

Well I did grow up in the eighties, and blood splatter on the statue has nothing to do with the movie. You can't tell me that this compares to this.
fbb377d06fbef006d508d4a9195eafc8.jpg

d55f9cdf96258e7c8412d0299154b8ce.jpg

I'm not trying to be negative or shoot down your expectations of the statue, but I don't think the blood splatter looks good on the actual piece. A little bit of modifications could really make it stand out.

Well I did grow up in the eighties, and blood splatter on the statue has nothing to do with the movie. You can't tell me that this compares to this.
fbb377d06fbef006d508d4a9195eafc8.jpg

d55f9cdf96258e7c8412d0299154b8ce.jpg

You're right. I see the big difference of the blood splatter between the proto and final piece. Well, I can't answer that one. [emoji16] don't know why SS would do that. I wonder if it's because doing too much would not look good for certain people and then doing little less would be disappointing for others. Some like less weathering compared to others that like heavy weathering. Will have to wait and see how consistency it is with the rest that we're going to get.

Wondering if the blood splatter will be different on different statues or all the same ? Guess we will know when more pics show up . Thank you for posting those pictures .

Can't wait to get mine as someone who has wanted a Jason statue since I started collecting ,I am thrilled to finally have one in my collection and Before Halloween this time instead of Christmas like Pinhead last year .

We shouldn't have to add anything to the statue. Also I don't have money to throw away, I work hard to for what I earn. I have to picky with what I buy and I was considering this but unless it looks better in other photos, its a pass.

That goes for all of us, but in terms of adding something, in this case blood, it's a very easy thing to do. I have no idea how you think it looks horrible. I'm glad I'm not a n a l-retentive.

Yeah, the big question now will be how consistency the blood splatter is going to be on each statue we're getting? It does not bother me one bit. BUT I can see why people are upset about it. Honestly...its not hard to add some more blood splatter to it if you want, but I understand for spending over $400 for this you shouldn't have to. It is what it is, I guess, and to each his own.

I am just thankful I'm finally getting a Jason Premium Format. I've always wanted one since I started collecting also. Freddy and Leatherface are next! I do WISH, WISH they could make Michael Myers in 1/4.

Back