Premium Format Sideshow Friday the 13th Jason Voorhees: Legend of Crystal Lake Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh no I agree. The exorcist sequels/remakes are trash. Poltergeist will probably be terrible. It's just in regards to your opinions on Ft13th, TCM, and RZH. As you said H1 was decent and H2 even lesser but its still a new spin on the original. What else do you want from it? If psycho copied scene to scene then what else can be done? Nothing will ever please everybody. Just saying be opened minded.

Oh no I agree. The exorcist sequels/remakes are trash. Poltergeist will probably be terrible. It's just in regards to your opinions on Ft13th, TCM, and RZH. As you said H1 was decent and H2 even lesser but its still a new spin on the original. What else do you want from it? If psycho copied scene to scene then what else can be done? Nothing will ever please everybody. Just saying be opened minded.

I'll Give RZH something that none of the others have, which is something new. Isn't that the point of a remake, to make it new. H2 was really bad though. The other films you mention Honestly, look at them. TCM03 and F13th09 could easily be called sequels and not remakes and easily follow the same sequel path as the sequels that came before them and most of the those sequels are at best fodder when it comes to horror films. And Psycho should never ever have been done. Just because you shoot something frame for frame and try to make it look like the original, doesn't make it the original. It lacks all the feeling of the original film because the director was so busy making sure the shots lined up that he forgot to make sure the actors gave the same feeling of dread and discomfort as the original.

I really wish they'd start making new larger budget horror films again...there's enough horror fiction to go around.

We need a horror movie based on the mummy. I'm pretty sure none exist except the original. The 90s remake is more adventure if anything.

We need a horror movie based on the mummy. I'm pretty sure none exist except the original. The 90s remake is more adventure if anything.

They were supposed to be "remaking" all the Universal Films in the same vein as Bram Stoker's Dracula. They did the Wolfman which wasn' well received and I think that's why there's a hold up on the rest of them.

Honestly though I thought most of "The Wolfman" was pretty good but the Director's pacing was bad, and honestly The CGI was cheesy, which made what should have been the best parts of the film, the transformation, look like a cartoon.

See I don't find anything likeable about those remakes at all.
Friday the 13th could have easily been called Friday the 13th part 12, they basically mashed 3 films together and thought it was a good idea instead of building to any new ways to scare they basically did the same thing Friday the 13th sequels have been doing for decades. So why bother even calling it a remake.

Halloween, while the first one was different and a unique way to show how Michael became who he was without all the druid runes from the sequels there were some parts that Rob Zombie just interjected his "style" into and it wasn't needed or welcomed. The original is still far more scary. And H2 was Rob Zombie trying to tank the series because he didn't want a sequel and they were going to make one with or withour him, so he purposely made that pile of crap to get them off the multiple sequel path.

I've already said what I think about TCM

Psycho is everything that's wrong with remakes. It's a presumption that you can do something that a master of film did just because you recreate it shot for shot...well they did add their shots too, but it's close. But the reason the original psycho works is because it's a perfect storm created by Hitchcock, his writing, his shots, his actors, him getting the feeling out of every ounce of things on set and those around him. Remaking Psycho was a criminal offense and all involved should be jailed.

Black Christmas is a poor attempt to use young hollywood faces to sell a movie instead of making a good movie. The original was a perfect murder mystery slasher film that was suspenseful and scary.

I heard someone wanted to remake Cannibal Holocaust and the Exorcist as well, can't wait for those piles of garbage to emerge.

He did not purposely make a pile of crap, that is just opinion because many did not like H2, when in fact its a very well made film more than that, some get the film, some do not. Like Rob says in an interview about H2, he was in 2 minds with the film, like he said you do not want to make a film or its just the same, and if you do something different, then why call it Halloween? And I love the psychology behind H2. It is a tragic film for the good characters, Laurie is ruined by Michael himself in mind body and spirit. Put it this way, in the remake he killed her first set of friends, and her family, then she finds out that her parents who she thought were her real parents were not, and the murderer is her brother. Imagine what that will do to a person? that her entire identity has been a lie, and Rob roles with that and we see the downfall of Laurie, and seeing how low Laurie falls is some pretty interesting viewing.

So robs films gives a beginning middle and end, and its the only 2 films of the series that has a bitter ending, its not a happy ending. Yes Michael is defeated, but it came with damage on a collateral nature. And he kills key characters off, Brackett and even Laurie do not have a happy. It is probably one of the few horror films where someone like Michael wipes the floor with his victims, and they cannot escape him, when they try to run Michael gets them. They escaped him in the remake, in H2 he makes sure they die

Really though guys... what is the hold up on the PO for this PF? Are they adjusting his posture? He was next to go up and suddenly he is waiting in the wings again. Why SS, why....? :) Let's PO this guy and get Freddy out too. Again with all the super hero stuff and no horror. :(

Really though guys... what is the hold up on the PO for this PF? Are they adjusting his posture? He was next to go up and suddenly he is waiting in the wings again. Why SS, why....? :) Let's PO this guy and get Freddy out too. Again with all the super hero stuff and no horror. :(

It seems to me they want to see how pinhead goes, and with the new Friday the 13th movie being released they may want to release it closer to that time

He did not purposely make a pile of crap, that is just opinion because many did not like H2, when in fact its a very well made film more than that, some get the film, some do not. Like Rob says in an interview about H2, he was in 2 minds with the film, like he said you do not want to make a film or its just the same, and if you do something different, then why call it Halloween? And I love the psychology behind H2. It is a tragic film for the good characters, Laurie is ruined by Michael himself in mind body and spirit. Put it this way, in the remake he killed her first set of friends, and her family, then she finds out that her parents who she thought were her real parents were not, and the murderer is her brother. Imagine what that will do to a person? that her entire identity has been a lie, and Rob roles with that and we see the downfall of Laurie, and seeing how low Laurie falls is some pretty interesting viewing.

So robs films gives a beginning middle and end, and its the only 2 films of the series that has a bitter ending, its not a happy ending. Yes Michael is defeated, but it came with damage on a collateral nature. And he kills key characters off, Brackett and even Laurie do not have a happy. It is probably one of the few horror films where someone like Michael wipes the floor with his victims, and they cannot escape him, when they try to run Michael gets them. They escaped him in the remake, in H2 he makes sure they die

So he unintentionally made a pile of crap then.

Having watched the original Psycho again last night I'm wondering how scandalous that movie must have been when released? I mean in 1960 it must have seemed pretty hardcore with sexuality and violence. I actually enjoyed the remake btw, but it could have never been made and I wouldn't miss it. The original is perfect.

Having watched the original Psycho again last night I'm wondering how scandalous that movie must have been when released? I mean in 1960 it must have seemed pretty hardcore with sexuality and violence. I actually enjoyed the remake btw, but it could have never been made and I wouldn't miss it. The original is perfect.

I remember my parents saying it was scandalous just seeing the toilet when she flushes down the scraps of paper. Let alone everything else lol.

This is ridiculous. New spidey goes up for PO instantly... So wtf with Jason?

Yeah, what's the hold up?:impatient: I thought maybe SS was waiting to put it up on the 35th anniversary of the original movie release but that would have been May 9th. I hope they're not waiting until October just because it's a horror piece.

Don't care about the price. It's probably gonna be $450 which is fine by me. The days of 200 dollah PFs is over.

Back