Premium Format Sideshow Friday the 13th Jason Voorhees: Legend of Crystal Lake Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I liked the remake but I did go back and add myself see the originals.i saw all of them except the first I believe. They were so good for its time. Way better than I expected. Loved all of them. I love new remakes but this series the originals still rule in my opinion. The story telling was insanely well done.

The best horror remake I've ever seen was The Hills have Eyes, they took a fairly horrid cult classic and turned it into something that was vicious and scary. It's one of the few Remakes I think was done well.

2003 leatherface is better than the original. Just saying.

I'm with you on this. As far as Leatherface's look is concerned, he's one of my favorite horror characters. It is a gross Bay style movie, but damn is Jessica Biel hot. :)

Sheriff hoyt is also the best performance in the movie imo. Everything is true horror while the original is basically a documentary...

I recently watched 03 then the original again. 03 was superior in every way. Even the sequel is fun.

Sheriff hoyt is also the best performance in the movie imo. Everything is true horror while the original is basically a documentary...

I recently watched 03 then the original again. 03 was superior in every way. Even the sequel is fun.
The problem with the remake is that a. The characters are too over the top, theres nothing surprising about any of them and is absurd. b. We all knew Jessica Beil was going to live, you can't put her in a film like that, we all know whats going to happen, and by the way when a white shirt gets wet, its see through so even her clothes were absurd. c. The orginal has a real feel to it, we know its fake but everything happening looks like it could happen, the remake is too stylized and is easily seen through as just another horror film. Theres not one thing special about it.

The best horror remake I've ever seen was The Hills have Eyes, they took a fairly horrid cult classic and turned it into something that was vicious and scary. It's one of the few Remakes I think was done well.

I completely agree! The Hills Have Eyes remake was really really good.

Not sure if you're with me, but my top remakes have been:
The Hills Have Eyes
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
The Hitcher

I don't think I've seen a horror remake since the 80's that was better than the original. This new Poltergiest looks terrible too.

I don't think I've seen a horror remake since the 80's that was better than the original. This new Poltergiest looks terrible too.

I don't even get excited for remakes anymore. There's no way in hell the remake will best the original Poltergeist. :lecture

Im going to have to disagree on the TCM remake being better than the original. That is a masterpiece of horror, so subtle and simple yet so effective to this day. At the same time I do really like the remake, it doesn't touch the original.

I don't even get excited for remakes anymore. There's no way in hell the remake will best the original Poltergeist. :lecture

Will agree with you on that, as I've been saying it to myself the entire time.

Im going to have to disagree on the TCM remake being better than the original. That is a masterpiece of horror, so subtle and simple yet so effective to this day. At the same time I do really like the remake, it doesn't touch the original.

Excellent that in life, we are all entitled to our own opinions. :yess:

I much prefer the originals it was great when they first came out and they still are so much superior then new horror, the classics have that something that new ones don't and most of the remakes are pointless is the remake TCM? Wasted really, but I did enjoy ft13th remake very good, and I watched noe St remake once and will never see that again

I completely agree! The Hills Have Eyes remake was really really good.

Not sure if you're with me, but my top remakes have been:
The Hills Have Eyes
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
The Hitcher
I agree with two out of the three but I also enjoy the original Hitcher as well.
You can all hate me, that's cool but I truly enjoyed the 2003 film the best.
And yes, I agree with you, River man.
I am disappoint [emoji14]
^This :exactly:

TCM 2003 remake is truly terrifying masterpiece on a different scale, the original is also scary. But what sets TCM 03 remake apart from the original, the family. Damn were they creepy, the sheriff was beyond horrible, and unlike the original family the remake family were threatening and it was not goofy, like the other ones were. The gore was not forced gore, it served a purpose and it was uncomfortable for the survivors. Leatherface from the original and remake are probably equal, I did like the remake leatherface put his original mask back on for the final climatic chase, but overall the remake of TCM had me on the edge of my seat, and raised the bar on the intensity leatherface and the family brought to the film, especially the sheriff.

Of all the horror remakes of the icons, and I mean the big 4

Friday the 13th

Halloween

TCM

psycho

Black Christmas remake, the original king of the slashers could never live up to the original black Christmas, for terror, mystery, and atmosphere, awful remake that was

I like them all with psycho being the weakest because its shot for shot. But I did love the 2 Halloween films of the remake and H2, the 2 TCM films of remake and prequel, and the Friday the 13th remake. All done great jobs, with the TCM doing the best of the lot

The TCM was awesome and I prefer it to the original, probably because I never really watched the original until after. The F13 remake was very good as well, but not my favorite.

I think it all boils down to nostalgia.

TCM 2003 remake is truly terrifying masterpiece on a different scale, the original is also scary. But what sets TCM 03 remake apart from the original, the family. Damn were they creepy, the sheriff was beyond horrible, and unlike the original family the remake family were threatening and it was not goofy, like the other ones were. The gore was not forced gore, it served a purpose and it was uncomfortable for the survivors. Leatherface from the original and remake are probably equal, I did like the remake leatherface put his original mask back on for the final climatic chase, but overall the remake of TCM had me on the edge of my seat, and raised the bar on the intensity leatherface and the family brought to the film, especially the sheriff.

Of all the horror remakes of the icons, and I mean the big 4

Friday the 13th

Halloween

TCM

psycho

Black Christmas remake, the original king of the slashers could never live up to the original black Christmas, for terror, mystery, and atmosphere, awful remake that was

I like them all with psycho being the weakest because its shot for shot. But I did love the 2 Halloween films of the remake and H2, the 2 TCM films of remake and prequel, and the Friday the 13th remake. All done great jobs, with the TCM doing the best of the lot

See I don't find anything likeable about those remakes at all.
Friday the 13th could have easily been called Friday the 13th part 12, they basically mashed 3 films together and thought it was a good idea instead of building to any new ways to scare they basically did the same thing Friday the 13th sequels have been doing for decades. So why bother even calling it a remake.

Halloween, while the first one was different and a unique way to show how Michael became who he was without all the druid runes from the sequels there were some parts that Rob Zombie just interjected his "style" into and it wasn't needed or welcomed. The original is still far more scary. And H2 was Rob Zombie trying to tank the series because he didn't want a sequel and they were going to make one with or withour him, so he purposely made that pile of crap to get them off the multiple sequel path.

I've already said what I think about TCM

Psycho is everything that's wrong with remakes. It's a presumption that you can do something that a master of film did just because you recreate it shot for shot...well they did add their shots too, but it's close. But the reason the original psycho works is because it's a perfect storm created by Hitchcock, his writing, his shots, his actors, him getting the feeling out of every ounce of things on set and those around him. Remaking Psycho was a criminal offense and all involved should be jailed.

Black Christmas is a poor attempt to use young hollywood faces to sell a movie instead of making a good movie. The original was a perfect murder mystery slasher film that was suspenseful and scary.

I heard someone wanted to remake Cannibal Holocaust and the Exorcist as well, can't wait for those piles of garbage to emerge.

All aboard the nostalgia train choo choo!

When it comes to the Exorcist it's not even about nostalgia. It's an award winning film. It's parts are acted perfectly and there's no reason to remake it. As a matter of fact we've already seen what kind of garbage to expect when they did The Exorcist: The Beginning. Horrid.

Back