Premium Format Sideshow Friday the 13th Jason Voorhees: Legend of Crystal Lake Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+ more blood on this
+ intersting base

- body ain't so bulky
- same stance as freddy

5/10 may/may not buy.

Why are most PFs looking left or over the left shoulder or standing leftside first. My wife noticed this in my collection.

It's only disappointing because Pinhead came out perfect in his prototype form. Jason just had a weird body shape compared to the movies. I don't think he's ever this skinny. He actually looks more part 4 then 3 lol.

I'll still buy it since it's growing on me, but I wish they bulked up his body more...

here is another angle

11045848_943981495646555_6728568179248207172_n.jpg

someone on facebook had posted some pics from monsterpalooza, couldn't find a freddy one, the only other ones are the court of the dead statues and the pinhead pf.

These last pics are even worse. It looks terrible.

I agree, reminds me of the old Screamin kit too....it is wrong on so many levels.

It does have that look because of the thinness and the texture of the skin on the head... I like this as a Halloween time decoration... I will get it out once a ear and display for the month of October... As a Movie likeness... No question it's a big miss... But I don't think SSC was going for a film likness. Because of that I won't display it with the rest of my movie statue collection.

Kinda surprised by the negativity being thrown at this.
I love the way it looks personally.

Jason Fans want accuracy..... This is lacking film accuracy... They want the holes of the mask to be perfect and the body to be the right scape... Etc... etc... etc...
The casual fan might not care but the Die Hards want their Perfect Jason...

It's a Sideshow statue, they'll throw hate until they're blue in the face :lol

Have you ever met a SS statue you didn't like???

Looks better at this angle... Still needs to be thicker... Great looking piece for my needs... I actually like this better then the original part 3 version they did even though that was more accurate... I like the base, blood, stance, and stylized look. I found the original to be a bit boring and had it's fair share of inaccuracies also. I don't have much of a horror collection (funny because horror is my fav genre) so I am looking for a Jason that will be fun to get out for Halloween and this fits the bill nicely.

Looks like a pretty generic Jason to me (not specific to any film), and Sideshow is just fulfilling the Part III license agreement with the Part III kills on the base. Not really a show-stopper for me, especially at the price they will now be asking for it. But I'm glad to see they are still putting out a few horror PFs. My shelf space is set aside for Pinhead.

Looks like a pretty generic Jason to me (not specific to any film), and Sideshow is just fulfilling the Part III license agreement with the Part III kills on the base. Not really a show-stopper for me, especially at the price they will now be asking for it. But I'm glad to see they are still putting out a few horror PFs. My shelf space is set aside for Pinhead.

Reminds me of when SSC did this one, which I also liked.

200051_press09-001.jpg

Not movie accurate at all... Like I said I like the new piece as a stylized Jason... But I can see why someone who wants a film accurate version would / will hate this.

I sure hope this is still a work in progress.
Head is too small for the mask
Holes of the mask are HUGE, as is the unused snap
Body too skinny
Texture of the skin on the head is just stupid, he never looked leathery

This is not what I see in that sculpture...
jason.jpg

I don't need movie accuracy, but I need character accuracy.

200051_press09-001.jpg

Not movie accurate at all... Like I said I like the new piece as a stylized Jason... But I can see why someone who wants a film accurate version would / will hate this.

This is Ok. I don't mind if they aren't movie accurate. The above is character accurate. The new piece is not.

I sure hope this is still a work in progress.
Head is too small for the mask
Holes of the mask are HUGE, as is the unused snap
Body too skinny
Texture of the skin on the head is just stupid, he never looked leathery

This is not what I see in that sculpture...
View attachment 175599

I don't need movie accuracy, but I need character accuracy.

Like I said... Jason fans want/ need/ demand accuracy :)

200051_press09-001.jpg

that jason looks pretty cool

Jason Fans want accuracy..... This is lacking film accuracy... They want the holes of the mask to be perfect and the body to be the right scape... Etc... etc... etc...
The casual fan might not care but the Die Hards want their Perfect Jason...
Oh
I guess I'm just a casual fan then. :rolleyes2

Oh
I guess I'm just a casual fan then. :rolleyes2

I knew that might be a zinger and I did not mean it that way... I love the Friday films and my best friend is Jason fanatic... So I ended up being a bit more invested in this character then the other slashers... But I consider myself more of a casual fan. Even though I know a lot about the films I am not a die hard... I just got off the phone with my friend.. (TVCOCCO on the forum here) and he is telling me how the eye holes are too small, the holes line up wrong and are too big... Things that drove him crazy... Things that would drive me crazy if they someone did a JAWS maquette and made it's eyes too big or put him in a stylized pose. That would drive me nuts... But as a casual fan of Jason... I think it looks nice..

But I guess I should state that Die Hards can like this piece also... Especially those who collect everything Jason. I just think they might be the ones to most likely hate it.

ASTRO13ZOMBIE I did not mean to question your love for the character... :)

Back