Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And the best thing about it is the Marmit can be had for a reasonable price if you're patient. I'm just always broke when they pop up. :(

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Yes.. I know the feeling. :monkey2

Still - there's a bit of work getting it to that level of beauty; cutting the armour sections nicely, new body, the polish stuff.

It's more effort than I'm prepared to put in at this stage. :lol

Well going by his little tutorial it wasn't bad at all. I must have missed the part about cutting armor parts though. Still, I think if I can cut Vader to pieces and put him back together I'll be fine. :lol

Yeah, just went back and read. He only sanded down the legs and arm armor to fit. Piece of cake. I'm surprised he was able to use one of those old wide shoulder bodies though. The sanding down and fittinf to the bidy is probably the hardest part. And the holster, but I would prolly skip that part and use what was available.

Don't have time to go back 1000+ pages to look but can someone tell me why Vader's "I am your father" glove is on his right instead of his left?

:lol Ah, the hand question again. Its been discussed ad nauseam. No one knows, or why there is such a disproportionate amount of left hands compared to right. Especially with Vader being right handed and people want him holding the saber while using his left for expression.

Bottom line: Sideshow messed up and produced all the left hands as right and all the rights as left.

Bottom line: Sideshow messed up and produced all the left hands as right and all the rights as left.

Wow. That's a pretty big @#$% up. They didn't even look at the shot from the movie?!?!? Why couldn't they have fixed this before production? Oh well, I guess my Vader will never be posed from that iconic scene. Sheesh. :slap

I don't really know what their thought process was, but it would have make a lot more sense to sense to either have the same number of left and right hands, or more left than right, not the other way around like the product we have. Their product shots even show Vader holding the saber in his left hand. Doh.

ebape9ys.jpg

uqanemuj.jpg

ba2a9e3y.jpg

Just started displaying my stuff tonight and installing LED strips to my cabinet. Loving this Vader.

Can't wait to get out my other Star Wars stuff and display.

Yes.. I know the feeling. :monkey2

Still - there's a bit of work getting it to that level of beauty; cutting the armour sections nicely, new body, the polish stuff.

It's more effort than I'm prepared to put in at this stage. :lol

Well going by his little tutorial it wasn't bad at all. I must have missed the part about cutting armor parts though. Still, I think if I can cut Vader to pieces and put him back together I'll be fine. :lol

Yeah, just went back and read. He only sanded down the legs and arm armor to fit. Piece of cake. I'm surprised he was able to use one of those old wide shoulder bodies though. The sanding down and fittinf to the bidy is probably the hardest part. And the holster, but I would prolly skip that part and use what was available.

Yeah, my tutorial is not 100% complete when you want to attempt exactly the same. As you said, VDG, the feet have to be cut off from the boots, as they are originally one piece. The toes also have to be removed from the TT feet, and the feet dremeled down a bit to fit in the Marmit shoes.
When putting together the armor, I also unscrewed the upper torso of the body to put the marmit groin/abdomen armor on, as that won't slide up over the legs (nor down the shoulders).
I think I also sanded down his shoulders a bit to make them less wide, although I'm not sure about that. I did dremel the hell out of the arms and legs to make them thinner. I only shaved the inside of the marmit armor slightly I think, to not risk damaging it. It's always easier to replace a TT part than a marmit armor part.
If you ever acquire a Marmit and want to attempt the mod, just hit me up with any questions you have, Fiend.

Back