Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just received my Vader and I haven't done much with him yet because there were no instructions in my box. Is there supposed to be instructions? I don't like swapping hands and heads and stuff until I read those.

By the way he does look great. I put him on the stand and the lights work on it as well as on the belt. No scratches, cape looks great. I am pleased.

Can't remember whether there were or not.

If in doubt heat the parts up with a hairdryer to soften them and reduce the risk of breakage.

EDIT: In fact each of the hands has it's own oversized peg already fitted.

*snip*

Now we here...

bimliw.jpg

5dl9j7.jpg

vyb0bn.jpg

i3cg36.jpg

Hasbro Stormies.. works for me! I wasn't going to use the base but #1.. it fit too perfect for me to ignore and #2.. I was not comfortable with Vader standing on his own. The idea of having steps in the back went out the window when I saw just how big and wide Vader is with that cape. Now I just need to find a background and I'm good. Someone suggested that I add red LED lights beneath the Storm Troopers. I may do that eventually.

Great setup! Those stormtrooopers look good. Are those the Hasbro ones from 2004 or some newer release?

Can someone please tell me how to replace the batteries in the belt, I've got some new ones and I can't for the life of me work out how they go in, do they click when they go in, are they meant to be lose, someone please tell me as there's no instructions in the box, thanks.

The battery compartment is loose - just the way it was designed. The spaces for them in the belt are oversized and there's no lateral resistance on the cells.

Put the farthest one from the screw NEGATIVE side up and the one closest to the screw POSITIVE side up. POSITIVE is the flat side of the battery!

It's a good thing these guys (which DOUBLY includes Hot Toys) are making collectibles, as they'd absolutely never survive in the consumer electronics nor children's toy markets.

Last edited:
Can someone tell me if Vader comes with instructions. Mine did not come with any and I need to know if I should call and request some.

Yes, Vader does come with a folded piece of paper with instructions on it. You may have missed it in the box, it's in the bottom layer along with the stand.

nope- instructions are not there... has anyone scanned them? If I call Sideshow I bet it will be forever till they send them to me.

WOW, I just realized I was wrong about the size of the paper. It's not folded at all, it's just a 2x3" or so small piece of paper. Sideshow really phoned it in with the packaging for this guy. The "instructions" include nothing except battery swapping info. If there are supposed to be other instructions, I haven't seen them or seen anyone talk about them.

Vader-instructions.jpg

Received an email from SSC regarding a head replacement. It will take 2-3.........................weeks.

just got off the phone with Sideshow, there is a "wait list" for the replacement heads. however, I was assured they would be getting an abundance of them and that I need not worry about not getting one.

WOW, I just realized I was wrong about the size of the paper. It's not folded at all, it's just a 2x3" or so small piece of paper. Sideshow really phoned it in with the packaging for this guy. The "instructions" include nothing except battery swapping info. If there are supposed to be other instructions, I haven't seen them or seen anyone talk about them.

View attachment 93319

yea, thanks- I do have that paper. So like you I wonder if that is all there is supposed to be?

Back