Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are some shots of my brother's Sideshow Darth Vader and customized Jedi Luke:

For fun, here's a comparison of my brother's customized ANH Vader with the ROTJ version:

I apologize for the poor quality and lighting of these pictures. My camera is kind of cheap and the lighting is not optimal. I still wanted to share. I did the blades with Photoshop, myself. :)

Guys: This is what I have always used and it works like magic to remove fine scratches, smudges and scuffs from any plastic surface or other types of surfaces, painted or unpainted. It's called NOVUS scratch remover.

I would use #2, the red bottle which removes fine scratches, for this instance. I've polished small helmets (First sideshow vader) and the results are fantastic. I first learned of these from a 6 inch action figure customizer guy like 8 years ago and since, I've always had this kit. I remember I was even taking the scuffs off from the plastic cases of the toy biz marvel legends figures' packages. They would turn the surface flawless, smooth and shiny. You can also just buy #2 by itself without getting the other two.

I know sideshow should ultimately solve your problem, but this is something you should have for future use from scratches occurring by accident. You never know. Highly recommended.

Here's a link where to get them, although other places also have them. Just look for the better deal.

Sweet. Thanks for this, commtech. Ill give it a try, especially after hearing the below post.

Sideshow have emailed me to say they have no replacement helmets (mine is glued together incorrectly)

That really sucks. I think I'm just going to fix it myself rather have to bash it up and wait for a replacement.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

That really sucks. I think I'm just going to fix it myself rather have to bash it up and wait for a replacement.

Don't normally have to destroy it until the new one comes.

I'm not going to try and repair mine as I don't want to damage it trying to get the helmet apart.

I've been in contact with a second CS rep this morning as I had contacted her before regarding the fact that they never packed out my order even though it was requested and the box came damaged. Will see if I get a better outcome from her.

Well Sideshow need to get some replacement helmets. They can't just run out of spares and leave those with damaged figures without a fix.

Yes, sure they can. Their 'fix' will be to offer a part refund or credit coupon with the buyer holding onto the set, or a full refund for the return of the set. That's the final straw for me - since the release I've been waiting to be convinced I should throw cash at this upgrade, but if there was a time to buy without chancing an imperfect set it's been and gone.

Well Sideshow need to get some replacement helmets. They can't just run out of spares and leave those with damaged figures without a fix.

I emailed sideshow 2 weeks ago, I hadn't heard back from them, I was assured in a live chat a week ago that my email was received and that I would get a response. Nothing, I did another live. Hat yesterday, they couldn't find my email. So I sent my pics, which included the Vader cape and helmet, and a Mythos Fett right handed blaster. I will be very disappointed to be offered a refund of 50 dollars instead of a helmet replacement. There is a gouge in the front of the helmet. I paid over 50 bucks in duties on this, I hope they make another batch of helmets. Otherwise, I'll have a sucky Vader.

I'm sure SSC have a ready-made calculation on how many replacement heads or capes they will make and after that it's done. But in this case when it seems around half of the delivered figures has big flaws and that's not counting the rest of the world and all US toy shops that almost haven't even begun sales they just have to make more. Who in their right mind would buy something from them in the future otherwise? I know many on the board sports a sort of jingoistic approach towards Sideshow as opposed to the other companies but still.

If I do get a refund offer, I'll apply that and my reward points on a regular Vader, I'll display one with the anakin head and I'll sell off the other bits.

Have any of you guys only filled out the request for exchange form and nothing else? Reading about the run-arounds, I did that first and didn't bother trying to email them or use the live chat. I'm pretty patient, just wanted to know if anyone else had done only that ad if that's what they consider the best way to handle these situations anyway.

As the damage on mine is on the mask, I don't care if they send me a scuffed replacement helmet, I'll swap my helmet onto their good mask. Or I could probably ignore it for a partial refund or credit, but it would honestly have to be at least $60 to 70 for me to swallow that pill.

Of course there will come a point in time when there are no more replacement parts- ever; but we're not at that point yet.
Give them time, but be persistent- even if it means they have to order more from china, I think they will. Don't give up yet.
Sideshow has bitten off a huge chunk of work for themselves, with the probe droid, Hoth Luke & Han, tauntaun, etc... and they KNOW it.
They also know that this Vader is the centerpiece of their whole ESB collection, even among pieces we haven't heard about yet.
I really don't think the unfortunate buyers will be abandoned for some time to come. I think at this point, the only way to go wrong is to get angry and give up.

Have any of you guys only filled out the request for exchange form and nothing else? Reading about the run-arounds, I did that first and didn't bother trying to email them or use the live chat. I'm pretty patient, just wanted to know if anyone else had done only that ad if that's what they consider the best way to handle these situations anyway.

I had originally emailed to query why my order wasn't packed out. Then the next day when checking the light up features worked notice the damage to the shoulder armour and started a live chat.

I then received an email back regarding the live chat saying CM services would contact me within 3 to 5 days, at which point I replied adding pics of the wonky helmet.

I received an email yesterday regarding the pack out requesting pics of the damaged box so that a replacement can be sent, and a separate email from the live chat rep this morning saying there were no more replacement helmets.

I have emailed the live chat rep back saying that it isn't good enough, and I have emailed the pics of the box plus the pics of the other bits of damage back to the first rep too, again expressing that need replacement parts.

I was away form this thread for a long while last year, but since this guy started shipping, I don't recall anyone else mentioning bend disappointed that Sideshow only included THREE left hands. 10 hands total (11 with EX) and only 3 are left? And not a single one of those three is a natural relaxed left hand that might be used with one of the gesturing right hands. Two grippers and a fist.

Last night when changing up the pose I was thinking that. Could use a few more but he's not lefty anyway ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back