Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my brother chilipep66's mod, looking good jedi jim!

Cool. Thank you. I knew someone would pipe up so I could give the credit. Nicely done and worked like a charm. Not hard at all and really not that invasive for the body. The hot toys foot pegs will still work so no problems there. Just had to dremel out a bit further in to accommodate the SS post. The only down side is having to cut the neck off but I'm keeping that just incase. I could always glue it back on if I need it for a character that has their neck covered.

Thanks for reminding me ray. Chilipeps got brass ones.

Wow, not sure how they decide which replacements get a clamshell. The clamshell looked like it was specifically designed for the helmet! I think I would've preferred it to be simply within bubble wrap since I think the clamshell contributed to the scuffing!

I agree the clam shell is likely to cause scuffling on the helmet. The bubble wrap option is better. My replacement helmet is in absolute perfect condition thanks to the bubble wrap.

Received my figure yesterday and it's better than I imagined! Helmet/face is perfect! Only thing is the jagged cut on the bottom of the robe. Is this common? Also, SS sent me a Collectible Care Kit with this. I've wanted one of those for a while so that was a nice touch!

Last edited:
Anyone know where I can nab a few extra gloved hands? Most interested in the gripping versions - of course I didn't think to grab them when I ordered the saber hilt from Toy Anxiety a few days ago. :slap eBay at $18 per pair isn't going to happen.

Last edited:
Can u post a pic? Curious how the Medicom scale boots look on SS's taller Vader.

what I did was extended the toes using a pair of Hasbro imperial boots just cut the ends off the Hasbro ones and slipped them over the little medico boots to make them look longer and wider

Anyone know where I can nab a few extra gloved hands? Most interested in the gripping versions - of course I didn't think to grab them when I ordered the saber hilt from Toy Anxiety a few days ago. :slap eBay at $18 per pair isn't going to happen.

Keep an eye on MonkeyDepot, they might part out a Vader?

Checked there (MD) today, and so far, no dice. After thinking it might be a good idea to use Snowtrooper gloved hands for my custom skier figure, then I thought about Vader's. Some cutting, a little bit of glue, sculpey and paint and they may work even better (primarily because they already have a large cuff).

Received my figure yesterday and it's better than I imagined! Helmet/face is perfect! Only thing is the jagged cut on the bottom of the robe. Is this common? Also, SS sent me a Collectible Care Kit with this. I've wanted one does or a while so that was a nice touch!
Yep, that's pretty common. Let SSC know and they'll send you a replacement and have you destroy the old one. Most people have been saying the replacement capes have been perfect.

Got to spend a little more time with Vader today:

Nice Pics!

I'm still stopping to admire my Vader as much today as I was two weeks ago! I feel a little spoiled with this one compared to the ANH version and want to have him lit at all times (he looks so lifeless not lit up), but damn those weak stock batteries.:lol

Nice Pics!

I'm still stopping to admire my Vader as much today as I was two weeks ago! I feel a little spoiled with this one compared to the ANH version and want to have him lit at all times (he looks so lifeless not lit up), but damn those weak stock batteries.:lol

I'm no expert when it comes to electronics, but I would imagine there are some that could convert the lights on the figure and base to plug in instead of depending on batteries. if people can make Cathode sabers and LED eyes in Terminator customs, they probably could do this as well.

I'm no expert when it comes to electronics, but I would imagine there are some that could convert the lights on the figure and base to plug in instead of depending on batteries. if people can make Cathode sabers and LED eyes in Terminator customs, they probably could do this as well.

With my eyes closed. :rock2 The same supply, along with powering the lights on the shelf and others, will also power Luke and Vader's CCFL sabers.

I'm contemplating taking on these kinds of projects on commission.

With my eyes closed. :rock2 The same supply, along with powering the lights on the shelf and others, will also power Luke and Vader's CCFL sabers.

Well I would be the first one on your interest list if you do!!! :yess:

Believe me, the wheels are turning already. I'd love to be able to flip a switch and have all of DV's lights plus Boba Fett's base go on.

:duff

Well I would be the first one on your interest list if you do!!! :yess:
second that
Yep, I'd be down, as well. I'm just not very good with fiddly stuff on this scale, so I'd prefer to buy them. Also, I trust Pixel has a great eye for detail. I feel confident the final product would compare very well with anything that's been done before.

I've got to knock a few things off my own personal lists and then I'll figure out what I'm willing to turn around. Something like this isn't necessarily one-size-fits-all because multiple people might have different desires - power only Vader, power Vader plus something else, connect to existing power supply, 3v, 12v, etc… So I need to figure out what to offer, maybe 1 standard setup and then options. Example: Because mine will be connecting in with the other stuff, it has to step down from 12v.

Back