Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's mine, pics are a bit distorted, I'm using Hasbro's dome, and I still need some extras for the bust.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I know the Hasbro dome worked better for the SS ANH Vader but I honestly don't think it looks right with this Vader. Looks too big in my opinion.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I thunk the pic distortion is making the hasvro.dome.look higher than it probably is. However, you should still lower it a bit and tilt it back.

Loving this figure.
Needed to call ss about a few qc issues though.
Keeping him bone stock
ateqe4y2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got mine today and it's great. The only issues I had are the belt not lighting up, crooked Anakin head, and the hook on the shoulder armor to hold the cape chain was broken off. I completed the online exchange form at SSC just now so hopefully I'll hear about my replacements soon.

Got mine today and it's great. The only issues I had are the belt not lighting up, crooked Anakin head, and the hook on the shoulder armor to hold the cape chain was broken off. I completed the online exchange form at SSC just now so hopefully I'll hear about my replacements soon.

I havent tried taking anything off, so I didnt even know there was a hook on the shoulder armour for the chain. Is that thing clearly visible if you move the cape over the shoulders? Not sure what I need to be seeing, as from memory the chain just seemed to be free floating around the neck?

I havent tried taking anything off, so I didnt even know there was a hook on the shoulder armour for the chain. Is that thing clearly visible if you move the cape over the shoulders? Not sure what I need to be seeing, as from memory the chain just seemed to be free floating around the neck?

There is a very small suttle hook on the shoulder armor near where the neck of the sculpt meets with the torso that holds the chain in place so it doesn't rise up too far and disappear under the neck of the helmet.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Nice one Ed!! :rock!!
Are you going to customize it in any way?
I'm debating wether or not to get custom cape and robe...

Thank you, Jose! No drastic mods. I'm really happy with how it comes from factory. The only thing I did was pad the arms. No more skinny arms!

Last edited:
Hey, for those that have received replacement heads from Sideshow, mine came nicely packaged in its own clamshell and box. However there was no plastic wrap inside around the head protecting it like the original did in the main box.

This meant that since the helmet itself still touched the plastic clamshell, there are some slight scuff marks on the back of the helmet. Not too major, and will post pics once I get to my decent camera. It's better than the scratched one I got originally, but still a little disappointing.

Did anyone get there replacement with plastic film to protect the helmet inside the clamshell?

My replacement head was not in a clamshell, it was heavily wrapped in bubble wrap. It was in perfect condition tusks intact no scurf marks on the dome.

Figure arrived but i had to sign for it.! seems kind of odd. i thought sideshow didn't require signatures.

This is my brother chilipep66's mod, looking good jedi jim!

I didn't modify any of Vader's parts to swap it over to the tt20. All I had to do was drill big enough holes in the bottom of the tt20 ankles to accommodate the SS foot pegs.

For the wrists I just used the HT pegs and popped out the SS ones. Fits perfect.

The only other mod and the one that baffled me a while was the neck. How did I want to go about it. I thought I could remove the entire upper rubber muscle body but that made him too thin up top. I thought of using the SS neck and head post but that have him a giraffe neck.

I finally settled on the mod I saw here somewhere, I wish I could give credit where it's due, by cutting the rubber neck down just enough to seat the head to the shoulders. I also had to shorten the neck peg of the HT body. Just hollowed out the ball on one end and screwed it onto the post. Came out great. Still need to pad his midsection a bit but other than than I'm pleased as peach.
9u6ygyge.jpg

zady6e7y.jpg

tevadu7y.jpg

9utu2uba.jpg

My replacement head was not in a clamshell, it was heavily wrapped in bubble wrap. It was in perfect condition tusks intact no scurf marks on the dome.

Wow, not sure how they decide which replacements get a clamshell. The clamshell looked like it was specifically designed for the helmet! I think I would've preferred it to be simply within bubble wrap since I think the clamshell contributed to the scuffing!

Thank you, Jose! No drastic modes. I'm really happy with how it comes from factory. The only thing I did was pad the arms. No more skinny arms!
I did the same thing padded up the arms and switched out the feet mod the rah vader boots and put thigh extenders on the legs and that took out the bunged up look around the cod piece. with the medicom vader boots it took off some of the height. I think the boots were causing some of the height issues.

I did the same thing padded up the arms and switched out the feet mod the rah vader boots and put thigh extenders on the legs and that took out the bunged up look around the cod piece. with the medicom vader boots it took off some of the height. I think the boots were causing some of the height issues.

Can u post a pic? Curious how the Medicom scale boots look on SS's taller Vader.

Last edited:
Back