Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a great point and I had thought of that. I just figured if I had a shot at the exclusive, for not too big a difference in price, why not? Bottom line is I've waited long enough and I want this figure, don't want to miss out either way.

I am sure quantities will last more than typical Hot Toys releases. I think you can afford to ride the wave a little and see what happens. When did you hop on the list?

Old one on top, new one underneath.

Any ideas how to get the inner ring thing/neck adapter out the old head? The new one doesn't have it, so won't connect to the body.

6F110864-E2AF-45EC-9D87-9FE2770C56AF_zpsy9e99tmg.jpg

Has the "regular version" started shipping? I am getting mine through a store and not directly through Sideshow incase you were curious as to why I would not be getting the exclusive.

Yes it has. I ordered the regular version and it is scheduled to arrive on Thursday.

Hey, for those that have received replacement heads from Sideshow, mine came nicely packaged in its own clamshell and box. However there was no plastic wrap inside around the head protecting it like the original did in the main box.

This meant that since the helmet itself still touched the plastic clamshell, there are some slight scuff marks on the back of the helmet. Not too major, and will post pics once I get to my decent camera. It's better than the scratched one I got originally, but still a little disappointing.

Did anyone get there replacement with plastic film to protect the helmet inside the clamshell?

Hey, for those that have received replacement heads from Sideshow, mine came nicely packaged in its own clamshell and box. However there was no plastic wrap inside around the head protecting it like the original did in the main box.

This meant that since the helmet itself still touched the plastic clamshell, there are some slight scuff marks on the back of the helmet. Not too major, and will post pics once I get to my decent camera. It's better than the scratched one I got originally, but still a little disappointing.

Did anyone get there replacement with plastic film to protect the helmet inside the clamshell?

I had the same problem. Couldn't believe that I was going to have to request another one. Then I buffed out the scuffs with toothpaste. Worked like a charm. I used Tom's which has a little grit to it with a very soft cloth. Scuffs are gone.

Mine came in just the clamshell packaging too. There wasn't any scratches but strangely the connection inside the neck is missing. Asked for another replacement, as it's useless if it won't connect to the body. It's just sat on there at the moment.

Is this supposed to come with an old style stand or just the Imperial cog stand? If so, mine is missing. Also, is this thing suppose to light up out of the box or do I need to put batteries in? I don't see any batteries in the box and neither the belt or stand light up.

Is this supposed to come with an old style stand or just the Imperial cog stand? If so, mine is missing. Also, is this thing suppose to light up out of the box or do I need to put batteries in? I don't see any batteries in the box and neither the belt or stand light up.

Have you pulled out the plastic tabs?

Seeing all these QC issues made me a bit paranoid, but I finally got my Vader and it was fine.

Great figure right out of the box. Probably Sideshow's best figure ever.

I had the same problem. Couldn't believe that I was going to have to request another one. Then I buffed out the scuffs with toothpaste. Worked like a charm. I used Tom's which has a little grit to it with a very soft cloth. Scuffs are gone.

Wow, what? So the scuff marks arent actually the paint coming off, just marks on top of the paint that can be buffed off??? I'd be worried about scratching it further though!! The scuff marks I got are like dull spots on the paint app that can be seen against the high gloss black. So you can really buff those off without doing further damage to the paint??

Mine came in just the clamshell packaging too. There wasn't any scratches but strangely the connection inside the neck is missing. Asked for another replacement, as it's useless if it won't connect to the body. It's just sat on there at the moment.

****, I might have to check mine! I looked underneath and mine had the black socket thing on which the ball joint gets inserted. Is that what you mean by the "connection inside the neck"??

Has the "regular version" started shipping? I am getting mine through a store and not directly through Sideshow incase you were curious as to why I would not be getting the exclusive.

Yes, mine is the regular version and I received him last Tuesday.

Wow, what? So the scuff marks arent actually the paint coming off, just marks on top of the paint that can be buffed off??? I'd be worried about scratching it further though!! The scuff marks I got are like dull spots on the paint app that can be seen against the high gloss black. So you can really buff those off without doing further damage to the paint??

****, I might have to check mine! I looked underneath and mine had the black socket thing on which the ball joint gets inserted. Is that what you mean by the "connection inside the neck"??
I was worried too but I figured it was going back to Sideshow if it didn't work. I ended up polishing the whole dome which came out with a nice, even shine. The scuff marks on mine looked like it was from rubbing against the clamshell. If the spots on yours looks like paint, it may be just that. Are you planning on sending your replacement back? If so, try the toothpaste trick. I was skeptical but I had heard about it before so I figured I'd give it a shot and it was so worth it. Good luck and let us know how things turn out.

Back