Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So Robbie, did you pull the stitches at the torso and resew it?

Thinking about it.

Seems like a little well placed tissue or cotton on the inner thighs will also solve the 'bunch' problem.

Problem with that is you would need to give him an *** front.

2x3_Front_Butt.png

It'd be even funnier if you were a driver delivering it to yourself.

Yeah that would be awesome, unfortunately I have a different route :/

So I got to opening my Vader and he was in great shape only thing wrong was a broken tusk, but was able to find it and super glue it. Now the bad news,
after putting on the tusk as I go to close the super glue bottle, a little drop falls on his cape :gah: So now I have this little hard piece on my once perfect cape.

Yeah that would be awesome, unfortunately I have a different route :/

So I got to opening my Vader and he was in great shape only thing wrong was a broken tusk, but was able to find it and super glue it. Now the bad news,
after putting on the tusk as I go to close the super glue bottle, a little drop falls on his cape :gah: So now I have this little hard piece on my once perfect cape.
I took the tusk to the superglue not the superglue to the tusk ;)

Got Lord Vader and he is MASSIVE! But you all already know that but the shear size of the entire package was just surprising. No broken tusks, the bottom of the cape is barely frayed so I will not be complaining. The Anakin sculpt is slightly facing left from his collar, but I haven't decided if it's a big enough deal or not. Honestly, I'm just incredibly happy with Vader as he is. Terrific all around package from Sideshow, who should be commended for this release. Now just trying to decide what pose to put him in. He looks so good in a stationary/holding his belt pose that I don't want to move him!

I will also say that I received HT's Man of Steel Superman today and while it is also fantastic, Vader just steals the attention! There is just something so satisfying about having such a great representation of my favorite film character that poor Kal is kind of just sitting there as if saying "What about me?"

Electronic box is too cool.

IMG_7031.JPG
Ya know... this thing looks really nice, glad I pulled the trigger today. However, I am bothered by the body suit. Not just because of the crotch problem, (which I think can be easily fixed) but more by the vertical pleats of the suit. They are flat, between the seams. As crazy as this sounds, the talking Hasbro Vader's body suit looks more screen-accurate. The vertical pleats have a slightly rounded surface, (not flat) and it has tiny wrinkles running along the vertical seam lines. I own the Hasbro version, and I'm sure I won't be able to resist the urge to try it on the new SS version for size... Pictures will come in due time.

I'm hopeing to have mine by the end of next week, just waiting for SS to ship it to my AD. I got this Grevious and Echo Base Han coming from Brians Toys as part of a trade I did for my Hasbro Collection.

I'm hopeing to have mine by the end of next week, just waiting for SS to ship it to my AD. I got this Grevious and Echo Base Han coming from Brians Toys as part of a trade I did for my Hasbro Collection.

Sounds interesting....how big was your collection that you traded in?

Was suppose to deliver this Friday but it's been delayed until the 27th due to the Winter Storm. :( The wait continues.

Ya know... this thing looks really nice, glad I pulled the trigger today. However, I am bothered by the body suit. Not just because of the crotch problem, (which I think can be easily fixed) but more by the vertical pleats of the suit. They are flat, between the seams. As crazy as this sounds, the talking Hasbro Vader's body suit looks more screen-accurate. The vertical pleats have a slightly rounded surface, (not flat) and it has tiny wrinkles running along the vertical seam lines. I own the Hasbro version, and I'm sure I won't be able to resist the urge to try it on the new SS version for size... Pictures will come in due time.

Curious about the Hasbro suit. Please keep us updated.

Damn, that looks excellent. Did you lower the helmet, Robbie?

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

We all knew the suit sucked when they showed off the proto. But it is a lot like what is seen on film. You just don't notice it as easy.

Back