Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is anyone planning on modifying the light sabre by swapping out the blade with one from another Sideshow Sith figure? Is it even doable? I'm tempted to try for something that matches my Hot Toys Luke's blade.

I think that I'm in the minority in that I like the new thicker blade. Gives a better illusion of the glow.
Personally, for my Bespin Luke, I'm going to pick up a loose lightsaber from the Hoth Luke when it comes out.

I object more to the crappy sparkly silver paint that is on the hilt. I don't remember the ANH sabers looking so toy-like. Is my memory playing tricks on me?

No comparison. The DX hilt has a more consistent dull chrome-like finish, sharper mould and less sloppy paint application.
It's not so much that it is inferior to the HT hilts, just that it seems a regression from the ANH one. Perhaps my memory is playing tricks on me though; I sold my ANH Vader ages ago. From the pics I can find the paint finish seems better on the old ones.

I have a feeling it's the packing. The plastic cover has a squared indention at the snout of the mask to prevent it from coming in contact with the mask. If the head isn't placed in all the way I could see the plastic pushing on the tusk. I have a feeling that the reason it's the left tusk is because all the head were pushed in the same way.

I highly recommend everyone look over their Vader carefully. I thought my only issue was the cape, but on a better second inspection found that the left tusk was broken. It's funny how you miss those things that are staring you right in the face. I'm really hoping SS can replace it.

My left tusk is missing/broken as well. Also there is a ton of slop paint on the inside of the nose indent area, silver slopped all over the black. Luckily the portrait head is fine with all tusks and better paint, You can put the mask/dome on that but the dome sits very loose and moves around on top of his bald/scarred head. Guess I will contact SS and get a replacement. I hate having to do that but for that kind of money I do want him at his best.

Other than this issue my only other gripe is his arms are so puny compared to the rest of his size. If you put him in a dynamic pose with his saber raised, his upper arms seem almost laughable so I have been keeping his arms down with the cape covering the upper arm area. I did have the chest box way off center when it came and I couldn't reposition it without taking off his head/armor, etc because the right strap was trapped down in the neck joint area.. it is better now but one of the upper strap's glue did not hold onto the box so I have to re-glue that.

Overall I was super impressed when I took him out of the box and started playing with him. It took me a day or two to notice the tusk but now I can't look past it. I still love him but wish they had QC'd better.

Finally got my tracking email. He will be here on Wednesday. :rip

Yippeee-2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

did anyone take a pic of the anh vader with this one. I'd like to see the two together with no mods.

thank god I have a.d.d. and missed out on the 1st one. Can't wait until mine arrives. cheers pixletwin.

Darth-Vader-Return-Of-The-Jedi-Sixth-Scale-Sideshow-Collectibles-052.jpg

WOW! I think the new one on the right is just perfect! Once again... to me... That Darth Vader is perfect and will sit on my work desk if I can get one.

He will look great along with Boba Fett, C-3PO, Sandtrooper, Iron Man Mark VII and Michael Jordan. SWEET!

Now to order/pre-order... any suggestions on where to get the best pricing on a new one?

Ordered directly from Sideshow... now I wonder how long it will take for it to go from pre-order to delivery??

Nice pic pirate. Getting mine Friday , picking up in the morning from ups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back