Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure there's a tremendous amount of room to differentiate what should be a cylindrical translucent shaft of plastic. I'm not a fan of the rapier blade provided by Hot Toys with DX07 and I plan to use a CCFL for both that figure and Vader, so it wouldn't bother me much even if the blade had been done very poorly indeed.

In terms of potential DIY mods and fixes, the saber should be a pretty easy thing to remedy if you want.

My Vader is Out for Delivery! Probably won't receive him until later today. Still excited!:panic::panic::panic:

I ordered mine on the 9th, so I'm thinking I'll get one from the 2nd shipment which will probably arrive at my house near the end of Jan if I'm lucky. So to pass the time I've got a project I'd like to make but need somebody with the new Vader to take some measurements for me? :pray: I need the width of his shoulders from side to side and his waist from side to side. Then the length from his shoulders to just below his belt, from just below his belt to the top of his knees and finally from the top of his knees to the bottem of his feet? Hopefully I'll have it done when he arrives and I'll post some pictures. Please PM me in inches or metric, makes no difference. Thanks. :hi5:

IMO the blades on the medicom versions were always bulky, even on Jedi Luke. It's only when I got the Star Wars versions I noticed the saber blades were thin.

Some times in the fight scenes the saber can come off as more bulky. Especially ROTJ I thought Luke's green saber ignited was much more thicker than the blue saber.

Any SW experts out there? Did Lucas intend for the sabers to look more bulky in combat as opposed to just standing still after ignited?

This Vader didn't come with a saber and the chest computer is all wrong, but I think it helps solve the mystery of the boxes used in filming production…

I can`t wait to get mine. mine was charged on the 9th so who knows when it will get here. I wonder if this new vader body would work with the anh vader

Here are some pics from my instagram account (emirandadta)

Got the figure yesterday. It is definitely my favorite Star Wars piece at the moment. My only complaint is with his huge base he just looks massive compared to the other star wars figues i own and their little bases. He barely fits in a detolf.

image_zps76d479d8.jpeg

image2_zps721bb5f4.jpeg

image3_zpsa5c3bf9c.jpeg

With posing and futzing this thing can look truly awesome. I think the only thing I'll do is lower that helmet and beef up the arms. Might swap out the suit for the ANH version. Not even bothering with the body this time around.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk 2

He looks great in the pics! Excited to get him. Along with Jabba and the Emperor in his throne, my grails are complete!
The one thing I might do is throw more gloss on him. I want him Death Star II Arrival shiny!

Back