Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's pretty much my dilemma. Hopefully I can pick up a reg at a good price down the track and do verses Bespin Luke and with the bounty hunters. Would love to see a pic of your pose.

I would post, but since the update it won't let me, but basically casual pose, left arm relaxed hand on belt, right at side, right leg forward slightly bent head slightly tilted to the right and cape behind the shoulders :)

Thanks for the comments, everyone. :duff

Fantastic set up, Tabula! !

Nice set-up, Tabula. All those pieces look great together.

That is one helluva Star Wars display.

Yup!...
Tabula, love your tabletop display, the Vader helmet display looks great. :clap

That ANH Vader looks excellent. What mods??

Dome lowered, KP-02 body swap, custom tunic and cape by lforigno.

WOW!!!!

That is simply stunning.

Cool display.

:clap is that a modded Fett?

The only mods I did were water treating the braids and cape, and I cut the plastic piece off the underside of the armor.

LOVE my ANH modded Vader. Eeeh, still on the fence. I'm moving and this will go right into storage for several months. Hrm...

It takes a full week to get from California to New York, so you guys on the other side of the planet are doing pretty good.

Too bad though SSC screwed my order like I mentioned before I've ordered lat year September & they've charged my card since last Wed. Mike said they ran out of stocks so mine would be on the second batch which would come in late this week (no definite date when this week according to him)!!!

Been spending some time getting the right pose for this guy and I can say I finally found one he looks good from every angle, undecided about the dome still though may still find a hasbro to swap too just for that extra size.

So who to pose with, bounty hunters, emp or bespin or Jedi Luke

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS22957&mode=retail

Is this the Hasbro figure that's everyone been talking about whose dome/ helmet is to be used for the Sideshow's? The other 12" Hasbro figures don't have removable ones...

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS22957&mode=retail

Is this the Hasbro figure that's everyone been talking about whose dome/ helmet is to be used for the Sideshow's? The other 12" Hasbro figures don't have removable ones...
No. The hasbro helmets being used were from the electronic darth vader and a darth vader 2 pack I believe. The one you linked to has been tried and doesnt work well (being to small if I remember correctly).
Not sure if any of the other older hasbro dv's work.

With this being my first Vader, I'm loving it! But man that cape scares the crap out of me!! A couple of times I thought it snagged on my fingers (crap I even trimmed by nails etc!), but luckily no issues! Will definitely need to wear gloves for me I think when I handle this cape.

One thing regarding futzing the figure. How are people moving the inner skirt material closer to the centre? Are you just gently pulling the material in? How do you do this without ruining the pleats in the material?

An artistic shot using my new Macro lens:

IMG_0704.JPG

Darth Vader, Lord of Close Talking

Well mine still hasn't shipped. Elisse had said yesterday but no notice received. Guess I'll get it at some point. Hope Superman at least ships on time.

With theses QC issues with the tusks and cape, I'm glad I ordered yesterday without doing Flexpay. I don't trust there being replacements for parts in 3 months.

An artistic shot using my new Macro lens:

IMG_0704.JPG

The detail in the reveal head is stunning, it's almost a 1/6 version of the Darth Vader bust. Very pleased overall with the figure.

What is the consensus regarding the material the suit is made of? Does anyone think it might peel or go bad over the years?

Do you think the LED features will wear off if you leave them on for a while

The batteries will run out, but the LEDs will be fine for a very long time. Well, if you consider 50,000 hours a long time (that's over 11 years at 12 hours per day)

With himself!
IMG_0685.JPG

So much better than ANH Vader...[/QUOTE]

Now this is the shot I was looking for

Here I thought the ANH Vader had the same look as ESB/ROTJ

Wow big difference in the chest display and cod piece as well

The batteries will run out, but the LEDs will be fine for a very long time. Well, if you consider 50,000 hours a long time (that's over 11 years at 12 hours per day)

So why can't HT perfect this with their light up accessories :lecture

This is one great figure. I had to glue one of the tusks back on because it came off when I was taking it out of the box but it wasnt that big off a deal. Luckily I didn't drop it in the floor or it would have been gone forever. The cape flows perfectly. My only complaint is the ignited Lightsaber. The blade is way to thick and bulky.

1389713307_zps1cb77974.jpg

1389713314_zps87a1e05e.jpg

1389713316_zpsfd74ecd8.jpg

So why can't HT perfect this with their light up accessories :lecture

LEDs on Hot Toys should last just as long. However, don't confuse the longevity of an LED with the shoddy production responsible for failures, nor possibly sourcing low quality parts/duds. The LEDs originally installed on the Tumbler for instance and as installed on Hot Toys stands are poorly wired and installed - not done any better than on any low-end toys.

My only complaint is the ignited Lightsaber. The blade is way to thick and bulky.

I don't have mine in hand yet, but the various photos make the blade diameter look decent - in scale with the rest of the figure and comparable to how the saber looked in the movies - unlike the thin pointed sabers used elsewhere.

Last edited:
I don't have mine in hand yet, but the various photos make the blade diameter look decent - in scale with the rest of the figure and comparable to how the saber looked in the movies - unlike the think pointed sabers used elsewhere.

That may be but I much prefer the pointed blade to this one. It looks like something early hasbro would give you.

Back