Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally opened mine up to take a look: SO impressive in hand. Detail is fantastic, and I especially love how the cape drapes. This is the first time in a long time I've been so impressed by a Sideshow piece (I am more of a Hot Toys fanboy).

Also: not wildly out of scale like the ANH one. Like someone above said, at most it's maybe 1/4" too tall.

I went back and forth on this one and almost cancelled my PO, so glad I didn't.

Also: not wildly out of scale like the ANH one. Like someone above said, at most it's maybe 1/4" too tall.

Very reassuring to hear a number of members confirming this.

New pictures seem to tell a different story to those initially sourced from Rebelscum.

What's a pack out

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Basically they put your package inside another bigger box and secure it with packing paper. This prevents damage in most cases to your original sideshow shipping box..In theory Its a much safer way to ship it

Basically they put your package inside another bigger box and secure it with packing paper. This prevents damage in most cases to your original sideshow shipping box..In theory Its a much safer way to ship it
Did you have to pay an extra $10 on top of the postage for this packing?

Got mine today, no problems, he looks really nice and comparing to the old one the parts just look better.

As far as height is concerned, he's a bit shorter than the old one, I don't know how accurate it is though.

Did you have to pay an extra $10 on top of the postage for this packing?

Yes Unfortunately, but I don't mind because I get a shipping discount. All my figures get here in mint condition along with its box.
Though in my opinion, I think they should include this type of service anyways like some other companies.

Yes Unfortunately, but I don't mind because I get a shipping discount. All my figures get here in mint condition along with its box.
Though in my opinion, I think they should include this type of service anyways like some other companies.

This again... you're in the US, so perhaps you can clear this up. As an Australian customer, I have found Sideshow's discounted shipping to be well under what I'd pay from another US retailer. The cost of the pack-out is then added to this discounted rate. My question is, does opting for a pack-out from Sideshow bring the shipping cost in line with other US sellers, or does it make it more expensive for a comparable parcel? ie is Sideshow's pack-out equal or more than Seller X's double-box?

Finally opened mine up to take a look: SO impressive in hand. Detail is fantastic, and I especially love how the cape drapes. This is the first time in a long time I've been so impressed by a Sideshow piece (I am more of a Hot Toys fanboy).

I went back and forth on this one and almost cancelled my PO, so glad I didn't.

Great to hear. I'm pumped for mine.:yess:

Mileage may vary from state to state, but where I'm at its pretty much the same with packout as buying from another CA retailer and paying shipping on it. So, yeah, it brings it up to normal shipping costs. If its more expensive, its maybe by a couple bucks here.

As an Australian customer, I have found Sideshow's discounted shipping to be well under what I'd pay from another US retailer. The cost of the pack-out is then added to this discounted rate.

I've never had a pack-out from Sideshow, and the outer boxes have been fine. The only issue I had was with an artwork DX box showing damage that could only have occurred before it was packed into the shipper.

That said, Sideshow's shipping prices are way below anything comparable that might be found on US Ebay for delivery to the UK.

The real killer is UK tax at 20% (and duty if over a certain value), plus the Fed-Ex fee of £10.50. There are apparently ways around that but I'm not confident I'd get away with it!

However, I weigh up the value of the Exclusive item to decide whether it's worth it. Not sure whether the severed hand and stump is worth it this time, but I thought it was an essential character ingredient I'd miss out on.

If there's an extra head in the exclusive I do think it's money well spent.

But not for Snake Plissken's cassette tape hand, or Eric Draven's lightning rod spike.

I always hope there won't be an exclusive, or it'll be something I don't want!

This again... you're in the US, so perhaps you can clear this up. As an Australian customer, I have found Sideshow's discounted shipping to be well under what I'd pay from another US retailer. The cost of the pack-out is then added to this discounted rate. My question is, does opting for a pack-out from Sideshow bring the shipping cost in line with other US sellers, or does it make it more expensive for a comparable parcel? ie is Sideshow's pack-out equal or more than Seller X's double-box?

I agree with Niltusks response, its roughly the same price after adding the pack out.
The only minor difference I can think of, is what material they pack it in with.

Back