Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered from collectible kit bash thus avoiding FedEx ripping me for admin charges and dodgy vat amounts.

Not bothered about the exclusive and the saving is about £40 at least.

Strangely the more people ***** Bout this the more I like it.

I like just for what it is, Vader... besides the other one hardly comes up under a $350 price tag so this is a score for me.

I'm confused. This looks Mediocre. Usually SS's proto's look great, and then the final looks mediocre. Is this gonna go from mediocre to horse****? Or is it gonna be SS's first to go from mediocre to greatness!

I'll put my money on.....................

Anyways, i hope it does turn out well, but my faith in them is not high.

i hope it turns out well too, but i agree... it does look mediocre... stumpy... toyish.

i hope it turns out well too, but i agree... it does look mediocre... stumpy... toyish.

It's a pet peeve of mine when people use the descriptor "toyish" in a negative context.

We collect toys. That's the hobby.

Get over yourself, you have a toy collection. What's the big deal? It looks toyish.....big surprise! It's a freakin' toy for god's sake! Deal with it.

It's a pet peeve of mine when people use the descriptor "toyish" in a negative context.

Get over yourself, you have a toy collection. What's the big deal? It looks toyish.....big surprise! It's a freakin' toy for god's sake! Deal with it.

You have a 'pet peeve' about the way people describe their toys :lol

I think you're misunderstanding what he means. Also why get your knickers in a twist over someone's views? :dunno

I think you're misunderstanding what he means. Also why get your knickers in a twist over someone's views? :dunno

It's just that it seems silly to me to accuse a toy of looking toyish. Of course it looks like a toy. It's a toy.

I don't understand how that could be a negative thing. Are you embarrassed to collect toys? What would you prefer it to look like? I got into collecting toys because I think toys are cool. I wouldn't want it to look like anything more. That's precisely the point.

I think some people want their toys to look like the actor was hit with a shrink ray---that freaks me out, because how are you supposed to feed them? It would be pretty tedious making balanced meals for such little people. And don't even get me started on the time and effort needed to help them maintain their personal hygiene at that size..1/6 working toothbrushes would be so hard to find or worse make if need be. Ya know what, I'm good with them being toys and not little people.

It's just that it seems silly to me to accuse a toy of looking toyish. Of course it looks like a toy. It's a toy.

I don't understand how that could be a negative thing. Are you embarrassed to collect toys? What would you prefer it to look like? I got into collecting toys because I think toys are cool. I wouldn't want it to look like anything more. That's precisely the point.

Generally speaking when people say it looks like a "toy" its a synonym for cheap or poor design choices that would be used for a childs toy. Overuse of cheap or inappropriate use of plastic when other materials should be used can contribute to this. ie, molding Fetts belt as one piece to the codpiece like its a 10 buck 3.75" toy is one example that always jumps out at me. Medi does it alot, but all the companies are guilty of it from time to time.

Generally speaking when people say it looks like a "toy" its a synonym for cheap or poor design choices that would be used for a childs toy. Overuse of cheap or inappropriate use of plastic when other materials should be used can contribute to this. ie, molding Fetts belt as one piece to the codpiece like its a 10 buck 3.75" toy is one example that always jumps out at me. Medi does it alot, but all the companies are guilty of it from time to time.

:exactly: Plastic = :monkey4

Am i the only one who does not like the pants.... It really makes him look funny rather than the legendry force he was. It somehow looks like a cheap doll with jammys... I so want a vader but havent yet pulled a trigger on this just cause it looks so poorly made...still thinking what to do...:impatient:
Also the pants swell up in the groin area like one of those street side vaders you see on hollywood street wherein tourist take pictures...

Am i the only one who does not like the pants.... It really makes him look funny rather than the legendry force he was. It somehow looks like a cheap doll with jammys... I so want a vader but havent yet pulled a trigger on this just cause it looks so poorly made...still thinking what to do...:impatient:
Also the pants swell up in the groin area like one of those street side vaders you see on hollywood street wherein tourist take pictures...

I think you're the only one :dunno

Not a fan of pants usually, but these are looking goooood

How good are those pants? Ordered!

All pants should be like this.

Those pants really hold the figure together

Best.... pants..... ever

Now.. These two Pictures are interesting. I'm focusing on the chest armor.

100076_press04.jpg

In this picture, you can see the cape hook on the armor.. But no chain. ow, it could be under the helmet, but it should be hooked on the cape hook on the armor.

100076_press06.jpg

In this one, you can see the cape chain (And it looks like the correct one), but the cape HOOK is missing on the armor.

What are we going to get? ESB had no cape hook visible, and the cape chain was often hidden under the neck of the helmet (Apparently, this caused much uncomfortableness for Mr. Prowse.) In ROTJ, they added the cape hook on the armor, and the chain hoked around it.

I think we're seeing pictures of different prototypes...

I'm ok with the pants.. the pictures are pretty poor and it looks like they've used too much lightning giving the pants this shiny and plastic look. I'm more bothered about the length of the legs.. they're too short. :dunno

Despite the issues people have been pointing out here, I'm ordering this because overall it looks great to me and it will be my first 1/6 Vader figure. :yess:

Back