Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5 actually... the 1:1 bust was $1250 :lecture

Sorry if this has already been stated, this thread has grown by almost 50 pages in the last 24 hours and I wasn't upto reading the rants.

Has there been an official announcement / indication about the price ?

..& that folks, is textbook hyperbole right there. :lol

It's actually not hyperbolic enough. I have my doubts we'll ever see another SW figure from Hot Toys, based on the sell-through of the Bespin Luke DX. But even if they manage to take time off from their Marvel licenses, why would anyone expect Sideshow to sub-license a character that they themselves have been working on for at least a year and won't retail for almost another?

I can see the complaints about the imperial symbol being off... and the small chest box, and the licorice pants, and the small dome, and... Wow, what a piece of crap!

Technically the imperial symbol is the same as the ep2 republic symbol. It only has some extra width and lining. Hopefully sideshow decides to fix that. altough I doubt they will do that.

The chestbox doesnt look that small to me when I look at this picture.
240px-Darth_Vader.jpg

I agree about the pants. It does look like licorice.
As for the dome, it does not look that bad in some shots. hopefully it comes out well with the final release.

Technically the imperial symbol is the same as the ep2 republic symbol. It only has some extra width and lining. Hopefully sideshow decides to fix that. altough I doubt they will do that.

The chestbox doesnt look that small to me when I look at this picture.
240px-Darth_Vader.jpg

I agree about the pants. It does look like licorice.
As for the dome, it does not look that bad in some shots. hopefully it comes out well with the final release.

I was honestly being sarcastic. I think this looks great. :lecture

I think the licorice thing is mostly the lighting. The pictures look pretty bad. On one of them the chest box looks chipped, but it's just a reflex.
Compare it to a photo of a person in a dark room with forward fireing flash, it hardly looks like a human. It's gotta be a ***** to photo an all black figure on a black background and try to get all the fine details to show.

It's actually not hyperbolic enough. I have my doubts we'll ever see another SW figure from Hot Toys, based on the sell-through of the Bespin Luke DX. But even if they manage to take time off from their Marvel licenses, why would anyone expect Sideshow to sub-license a character that they themselves have been working on for at least a year and won't retail for almost another?
I totally get you about the licensing thing - I agree SSC have dibs, so duly noted. :)

However, to say that HT will possibly never be in the running? Come on.. :lol

Also - who of us here knows the sales figures / global stats for having a real time grasp on just HOW these things are doing? People often cite the main or secondary sources / outlets & base their conclusions on their (apparent) stock levels.

There's scores of other places worldwide that order / sell these things - scores, with many selling out of them. :lol

Kuzeh's ANH Vader is the best I've seen. :wave

:yess:

Still they are "as good as it gets in 1/6 scale"©

Except you cannot get one... :lol

Who cares about those.

starwarsanewhope1.jpg

"Unfortunately" cuz it's supposed to be a hi-end product.

Then don't buy it!! :wave

Keep imagining things, I need a good laugh more than you think

Don't make me dig in the forums for some of you're comments...

Yeah but nothing is perfect.
:lecture

Doesn't have to be perfect to be awesome.
:exactly:

So wait this figure sucks now?
Apparently...

LOL! they used the episode 2 republic cog

republic_symbol.png

I dont mind it that much, but I would have prefered the imperial one.

Should have been this one...

imperial-galactic-logo-%5B2%5D-1038-p.jpg

That kind of oversight goes a long way to explain some things...

This is the kind of thing I would hope they fix before delivery. No reason ROTJ Vader should be standing on a Republic symbol.

That's actually pretty bad... gotta say I didn't notice it myself at first...

I can see the complaints about the imperial symbol being off... and the small chest box, and the licorice pants, and the small dome, and... Wow, what a piece of crap!
:horror

Has anyone noticed on the Hi-Rez picture (where Vader is missing his left shoulder pauldron) you can see the top stick tape on his shoulder where the pauldron presumably used to be.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/prod_photos/jpg/100076_press09.jpg

Sloppy photog work if you ask me.

Damn!!!

However, to say that HT will possibly never be in the running? Come on.. :lol

It's not about competition the way "in the running" implies in your comment. I'm not saying that Hot Toys won't be allowed to make any more SW, they may just decide not to. It's about production capacity and profits. It's all speculation of course, but it stands to reason that Hot Toys, like most other companies, would focus primarily on products and projects they have most control over and can realize the most income from. That means products for which they have direct licensing and those they deem sell through at a satisfactory rate, whatever that may be.

The factual data we have is that Sideshow is the party responsible for sub-licensing all Lucasfilm characters to Hot Toys (including Indiana Jones if anyone was wondering). And that there is still quite a few units of DX Bespin Luke kicking around after quite a long time on the market; over 18 months ago, in November 2011. We've also seen a large number of as-yet unannounced Hot Toys product which may or may not be released in the next couple of years. There has been not a single SW item in any of the collected shots/info. Their initial schedule for release has already been blown with no signs of an upcoming announcement* of any kind. IMO, things look to be pointing down instead of up.

Also - who of us here knows the sales figures / global stats for having a real time grasp on just HOW these things are doing? People often cite the main or secondary sources / outlets & base their conclusions on their (apparent) stock levels.

And what's wrong with that? Sideshow just recently sold out. Big Bad Toy Store, with even better pricing and excellent shipping management/collector features still has (up to) 181 in stock as of yesterday.

There's scores of other places worldwide that order / sell these things - scores, with many selling out of them. :lol

Right. And they've all sold out of a number of other Hot Toys licenses at a much quicker rate. For all we know Hot Toys may be waiting until 2015* to see what the franchise revival brings to the table. One thing's for certain, you can expect a lot more Iron Man and other Avengers characters before any SW from Hot Toys*.

* Assuming the Vader we're all looking at now doesn't turn out to be a Hot Toys/Sideshow collaboration itself. ;)

Last edited:
I know one sure way to fix that so HT can take over the license...everyone just needs to stop buying the SS releases!!

Like Khev said a few pages back, HT has don't countless Iron Mans and haven't got the armor right. What makes people think their Vader will be any better. :lol

Back