Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone point me to the direction of custom light up led 1/6 sabers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cba681c4f5d972d38fd9a33fd66da4c0.jpg

I forgot to post last night that I got mine. I need to hide that wire if possible.

Hide it behind one of the straps that wraps the body from the chest box. I actually wrapped the wire in a few spots with electrical tape then used fabric tape to secure the wire to the strap and now you can?t even tell it?s there.

b160b24bed19dbb3536f9043ee2a7d5a.jpg

Switched out the stock robe with a hot toys esb robe. Looks pretty good and it?s a good fit, not loose at all. Got a cod piece and the boots to try those out to see how they look on him.

Looks pretty great with that inner robe NiN :clap I'm strongly considering it now. Thanks for posting a pic

Best part is that you don?t have to make a hole for the wire as there is enough space for it to with come from the left or right sleeve.

I just ordered using a coupon code and free shipping. Sucks its on preorder but worth waiting for for the price. I own the HT OG ANH Vader and the first issue ESB Vader but wanted one with better materials and a light up chest and belt box which we won't see with HT . Had the original version of this but gave it to my son because I could get over the headscuplt issues . This is a vast improvment with the new dome.

I?ve always said this Vader had the body of David Prowse. He?s super thick, large, imposing. Much more poseable than HT and without the T Rex arms. I think it looks best with a HT helmet on it.

f4abe063d1fb39a28eb2d623cc5215e4.jpg

1aef75335bed4f16b799704f8db2b210.jpg

f6e719499cfbc04766ee10533243bee7.jpg

320ec73388356a545e7892a20d82e415.jpg

48fd9d33a88cb3ca41082807ef83ff4d.jpg

d19e10ec395084c5a528e6879e0b6789.jpg

db77f99a93b54e950fd12c64f708910d.jpg

I actually like the sculpt on the sideshow better than hot toys, v2 that is.

That helmet is an ANH version.
I always found the HT ESB helmet was really off. And the body. Just look at these pics:
732f6ae9f7b23d297ebff28283b0d6c7.jpg

85b633826bb0176fbbfe7ba8c0e5b310.jpg

260276d64f4c45b1b4c098d7a43b2335.jpg

VS mine:

b1abe58193e1b4202328c2762e628a62.jpg

77d557e4ea1ff265f5b86a565c13be8a.jpg

Personally I think the best out of box Vader is Rogue One:

a3b291053de8f0bd49f766f07374d6a4.jpg

Best part is that you don't have to make a hole for the wire as there is enough space for it to with come from the left or right sleeve.
Nice! I like how much flatter it lays around the codpiece. The SS one sticks out a bit between the belt and over the codpiece
I just ordered using a coupon code and free shipping. Sucks its on preorder but worth waiting for for the price. I own the HT OG ANH Vader and the first issue ESB Vader but wanted one with better materials and a light up chest and belt box which we won't see with HT . Had the original version of this but gave it to my son because I could get over the headscuplt issues . This is a vast improvement with the new dome.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. I've said it before, but I know this figure isn't the popular choice, but I'm honestly more happy with this than my HT one.

That helmet is an ANH version.
I always found the HT ESB helmet was really off. And the body. Just look at these pics:
732f6ae9f7b23d297ebff28283b0d6c7.jpg

85b633826bb0176fbbfe7ba8c0e5b310.jpg

260276d64f4c45b1b4c098d7a43b2335.jpg

VS mine:

b1abe58193e1b4202328c2762e628a62.jpg

77d557e4ea1ff265f5b86a565c13be8a.jpg

Personally I think the best out of box Vader is Rogue One:

a3b291053de8f0bd49f766f07374d6a4.jpg

Yes the HT R1 Vader is still the best out of the box 1/6 version to date. The HT Empire vader is nice and has a load of flashing lights but is let down by the horrible inaccurate face mask...

Yes the HT R1 Vader is still the best out of the box 1/6 version to date. The HT Empire vader is nice and has a load of flashing lights but is let down by the horrible inaccurate face mask...

And the stout body. T Rex arms...and the helmet looks too big for the body. Doesn?t invoke the formidable Vader we know and love depicted in ESB.

In case anyone is wondering , hot toys empire cod piece is to small to accurate fit this Vader. You can make it fit if you lowered it, but then that would leave a huge gap between the belt and the chest box and that?s not accurate.

Still waiting on boots that is just traveling the country thanks to the Usps.

I have a cod piece I?m willing to let go to anyone who needs one.

Are the CFFL lightsabers hard to do?

I just picked up an extra hot toys Vader hilt and I was thinking of modding it.

I have been curious about this figure ever since I noticed the updated dome at a convention. I finally found one cheap eBay and I was not expecting much. After spending some time with it, I believe that this is a very underrated figure!

The dome is more accurate than the Hot Toys 1/6 dome. The facemask seems to be the same as previous sideshow versions but it doesn’t look nearly as bad with this new dome. I have the original deluxe version and I always hated that helmet. However, I really like this one. In fact, I would say that it looks a lot better than the hot toys ESB version. I think I slightly prefer the hot toys rogue one and ANH helmets but I’m not entirely sure. Which is very surprising since I did not expect much from this figure! In fact, the helmet makes such a difference that if someone told me I could only have the hot toys ESB or this figure, I would choose this one. I would however rather have the hot toys ANH or rogue one Vaders.

Another thing I like about this sideshow version is that the proportions look a lot better than the hot toys ESB. So that Vader isn’t too tall, hot toy seems to have shortened the legs. This makes the body looks squat.

I Prefer the chest armor on the hot toys figures. It’s not shaped right on the sideshow figure but it still looks decent. I also prefer the tunic and the cape from the Hot Toys ESB version.

The light up feature on the sideshow figure is MUCH better than any of the Hot Toys figures. It’s one switch in the back and really easy to turn it on. It is the first time I think that I actually care about a light up feature.

Adjusting the outfit, armor, and cape on the sideshow figure is a big pain in the butt. Even just pulling up the pants enough to where the legs can move a little bit from one side to the other took a lot of effort. I think a lot of people buy the figure and they don’t do a lot of adjusting and so it looks like crap out of the box compared to the more recent hot toys Vaders that look a little more put together outside of the box. However, after adjusting everything it looks really good. The video review from svnmelter from a year ago does a good job of showing how the sideshow Vader looks after someone spends some time adjusting the outfit.

Considering that this Vader can be found much cheaper than the Hot Toys ESB version, it really is a good choice for people. In my opinion it looks a lot better because the helmet and proportions look so much better and everything else looks pretty decent.

Last edited:
f30dd0637f623c8d94e380763fcccf47.jpg

4cfa7a0a8f95bdb7f3ba4ba7cefb0ead.jpg

3447c9532f194a593e8b8fd7708f4595.jpg

2e0151a033ef30de13b50845bd56ecc8.jpg

c5f8b9c0e740e2f98307e53a749fac67.jpg

For me the body/torso and suit are amazing. I think the SS got the bulk and thickness of Vader right. I think it is also much easier to pose. Put a HT ANH helmet on it. Definitely love it.

I agree that the body looks better than the Hot Toys. Especially the ESB. Do you have any trouble posing the legs? I found the pants to be very restrictive. I had to use a lot of force to pull them up just so I could get a little outward movement. Maybe I need to do more to adjust though.

Do you have any trouble posing the legs? I found the pants to be very restrictive. I had to use a lot of force to pull them up just so I could get a little outward movement. Maybe I need to do more to adjust though.

Not for any of the poses above. I do not have too much trouble. But it is Vader, so he will not be doing splits or high kicks. He was limited in movement in the films.

Back