Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Advice anybody............i have a tiny mark below the left eye on my Darth figure only really noticable in certain light, having spoken to Sideshow i was offered a compensation fee or should i try and get the head swapped?

Guys, need some of your advice here.

For some reason that I'm not gonna bore you with the details, my figure just arrived.

After the announcement of HT's and also conformation bout my incoming Hurricane Vader, I dunno if I should just keep this SS version, sell it (if it's worth selling now), or should I just dissect it and mod the hell out of it and make another Vader. If it's worth selling, I'd maybe put the money towards HT stormtroopers to pair next to Hurricane Vader.
I'd sell, even if you will take a bit of a loss. I still think SSC's is a nice Vader, in-hand, but it can't compete with the Hurricane you're getting (just saw the latest updates for that, btw, and looks to be amazing) and there doesn't seem to be much sense in doubling-up on ESB/ROTJ Vader, display wise.

Advice anybody............i have a tiny mark below the left eye on my Darth figure only really noticable in certain light, having spoken to Sideshow i was offered a compensation fee or should i try and get the head swapped?
If you don't have the kind of OCD where knowing about the blemish will bug you, even if you can't see it, I'd probably take the compensation.

Finally, Vader looked so incomplete without Stormtroopers.

IMG_2882.JPG

IMG_2880.jpg

Wow, that's a lot of Stormtroopers.

I've honestly never been a huge fan of Stormtroopers, but I have to admit Vader does seem to look a lot cooler with a couple of those guys standing behind him.

Seems to be several of these on eBay in the $260-$270 range for the exclusive version. Do you guys think it will go much lower? I thought the exclusive version would command alot more on eBay. I would love to have it but I can wait if it's trending downward because of the upcoming hot toys Vader. Thoughts?

Seems to be several of these on eBay in the $260-$270 range for the exclusive version. Do you guys think it will go much lower? I thought the exclusive version would command alot more on eBay. I would love to have it but I can wait if it's trending downward because of the upcoming hot toys Vader. Thoughts?
I'd maybe make an offer for $20 or $30 lower and see what happens. Or wait for a good deal here on the boards (or Rebelscum). Don't know that it'll drop too much lower, though, as realistically an ESB or ROTJ HT Vader is probably a long ways away.

^ Yeah. Tell me about it. I've had this god damn thing for sale since JANUARY. [emoji38]
You're a patient man, Fiend. I sold mine at a loss to move it. Same with Grievous, alas. (Very cool figure but my only PT piece, so I'm glad that I can now focus 100% on the OT.) At the end of the day, I dislike having to carry stuff more than I like breaking even.

Sideshow and other retailers have the regular in stock at the moment. If that goes out of stock the price will probably jump a bit on eBay. Then when HT releases theirs this will likely fall again. If you can get the exclusive for retail go for it.
You can get the regular straight from SS for $240 shipped after a $20 coupon, plus if you count rewards that's an extra $12 off, so it's really more like $228. Don't pay more than that for a regular.

Not sure if this is a place to post this question. But anways. I bought extra shoulder pads and I would like to somehow mount the spare Anakin head to it. I think I've seen someone do it before where they made a neck peg and stand. I was thinking of getting an extra naked body and pulling the most of the lower section off (sounds quite perverted I know). Any one have suggestions? I posted this in the mod thread, but thought I'd also post here

Same here. I don't worry about it too much...I've eaten it a couple of times, but most of the time it either evens out or doesn't hurt too bad.

I feel like people should be willing to eat a little bit in this hobby, especially when it's a case of someone wanting to check out something in hand, etc. Always seems silly when someone needs to make their money back so they want to charge you for the shipping that they originally paid too.

My favorite vader and stormtroopers pics involve vader leading the stormtroopers who are swarming around him

I feel like people should be willing to eat a little bit in this hobby, especially when it's a case of someone wanting to check out something in hand, etc. Always seems silly when someone needs to make their money back so they want to charge you for the shipping that they originally paid too.

Well that's the thing. This is disposable income spent on entertainment at the end of the day. If I decide against something or only wanted to check it out in-hand, whatever...I'm not too concerned about taking a small hit. I would've just spent it on beer or food anyway. I don't like burning cash but there is a range for acceptable losses.

Back