Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my first SCC (delivered, I have others on PO) and I was a bit scared reading all the issues. So overall:

1. all tusks (yay!)
2. cape is ok (I really needed to look closely and there is some fray there but overall it is 100% fine)
3. helmet has no scratch.
4. the helmet is loose, which is annoying but overall given i have no other issues, I am pretty happy

Overall, scared @#$#less before I got it given all the issues, but happy with everything. Looks absolutely amazing. I chose this over the HT edition because for me, I really don't care about lights or sound, I dislike the whole batteries in the figure thing given I have had so many things destroyed thanks to leaking batteries (it happens, and you really don't know when. That plus the fact that I love the ROTJ look sold me the SSC over HT.

Anyone know how to fix the loose head?

I chose this over the HT edition because for me, I really don't care about lights or sound, I dislike the whole batteries in the figure thing given I have had so many things destroyed thanks to leaking batteries (it happens, and you really don't know when.

In case you were unaware, SSC Vader also has lights (no sounds though). Make sure to remove the batteries from the pack on the back of his belt. The figure stand and the stand for the helmet/mask light up too so you need to take the batteries out of those as well.

In case you were unaware, SSC Vader also has lights (no sounds though). Make sure to remove the batteries from the pack on the back of his belt. The figure stand and the stand for the helmet/mask light up too so you need to take the batteries out of those as well.

I did after some photos

Anyone know how to fix loose some ?

Having this Vader on my shelf, I see no reason to buy another 1:6 Vader anytime soon unless someone releases one exactly like this one with some improvements like:

Dome better placed on the head.
Proper bulk to the body esp. arms.
Full rotj likeness and not mixed with esb.

Besides that this one is pretty much as good as it gets for 1:6, Sideshow did a great job on it and it deserved the figure of the year award it won even considering the competition.

giphy.gif

This is my first figure, and one thing I have learnt apart from how great the figure is that unfortunately a few (if not a lot) of people complain just way too much. I am old enough to understand life isn't perfect, and how perfection (unfortunately) isn't positively correlated to how much you spend. Just because these are expensive toys doesn't mean they come perfect. There will be issues, and from what I understand SS does a great job of replacements.

Anyhow, loving my figure. There is some imperfections on the loose top, I am overall not concerned at all how the "dome" isn't as accurate like others have mentioned. I don't care, love this figure, my first and won't be my last.

https://i.imgur.com/g9OEYSN.jpg
Sorry that it is on its side.

The 1/6 community is not what it once was. This site is full of greedy squabbling cry babies. There is no interest in the common good.

Hey guys! I was wondering if anyone that owns this figure can tell me how the body holds up over time? I've heard how SSC bodies are nowhere near as good as HT ones and after a while can end up being like a floppy wet noodle lol. Is this figure an exception. Because I have the HT Vader on PO from SSC but I might change because I really like some of the pictures of this one. Thanks!

Yeah I have to take credit for my one good idea! lol.. Im glad that you were able to use it to help with your display. Here are my pics with and without the base. While I like both I really like the extra flair that the base brings to the display. It does sit up high but it doesn't bother me since I don't think there is a problem with Vader being taller than the storm troopers. I did make an adjustment to bring stairs back into the mix. I wasn't sure if the detolf door would close but it fits perfectly.

Hi Royce,

Nice set-up! I am planning to set-up the 12" Vader & Stormies the same way as you have in my Detolf shelf so I goggled it.
Your photos showed up. May I ask- what type of platform/s are the Stormies standing on & where did you acquire it from?

Yeah I have to take credit for my one good idea! lol.. Im glad that you were able to use it to help with your display. Here are my pics with and without the base. While I like both I really like the extra flair that the base brings to the display. It does sit up high but it doesn't bother me since I don't think there is a problem with Vader being taller than the storm troopers. I did make an adjustment to bring stairs back into the mix. I wasn't sure if the detolf door would close but it fits perfectly.

5p4pcl.jpg

Hi Royce,

Nice set-up. May I ask where you acquired the stormies' platform from?

btw, are the knees rubber like the old sideshow figures or they've switched to hard plastic on this one? Really thinking of picking this one up, but i'm worried the body might not be too great (my biggest issue). And what issues should i look out for?

Guys, need some of your advice here.

For some reason that I'm not gonna bore you with the details, my figure just arrived.

After the announcement of HT's and also conformation bout my incoming Hurricane Vader, I dunno if I should just keep this SS version, sell it (if it's worth selling now), or should I just dissect it and mod the hell out of it and make another Vader. If it's worth selling, I'd maybe put the money towards HT stormtroopers to pair next to Hurricane Vader.

Back