Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I've been out of the loop -- why does the Sideshow site have this Vader as a preorder with a July 2014 date?

Is this a second shipment? Did they make another round?

Of those who ordered late, has Sideshow solved the cape, tusks and other issues or are they at least still offering replacement parts?

So I've been out of the loop -- why does the Sideshow site have this Vader as a preorder with a July 2014 date?

The last word, mentioned a couple of weeks ago here, was that they didn't get the full order the first go-round. My hypothesis is that they had to run a second production to make up for the heavy burden of replacement parts.

eqape2y3.jpg

Want to share my vader pict., with his iconic pose.. Hehe

Awesome pic mate, thanks for sharing
AJIBBBBBBB.....

The last word, mentioned a couple of weeks ago here, was that they didn't get the full order the first go-round. My hypothesis is that they had to run a second production to make up for the heavy burden of replacement parts.

That makes sense. Interesting that the price on ebay is rising yet there will soon be more Vaders available at Sideshow retail price. I never got this the first time, likely I will get it on the second round and hope everything that was wrong the first time is fixed.

Yesterday I put my hands on my new sideshow vader. I'm not really happy with this purchase. It's too tall and too slim. He looks like a young basket player in vader suit. Vader is a mid age man with a pronounced abdomen and with a lot of healt problem and not a lean boy. Naturally this is my opinion!
This picture say a lot about the vader height, he is a tall man, a big man, but not a chewbacca!

Attachments

• 62_1285964.jpg
    62_1285964.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 342
Oh, but Prowse is on his knees and the other two stand on boxes in that picture as previously established in many a Vader thread. I always laugh at the fact that Peter Cushing apparently had slippers on the whole shoot because his boots where uncomfortable, so not much height to gain there either.

I likened the new Vader to Manute Bol, I guess I show my age with that one.

So Boba fett is kareem abdul jabbar!

Attachments

• star-wars-episode-v-darth-vader-lando-calrissian-boba-fett.jpg
    star-wars-episode-v-darth-vader-lando-calrissian-boba-fett.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 349
He's standing on Kenny Baker's shoulders. (It would have been a box, but that'd already been requisitioned for Mark Hamill's next scene with Vader).

Ok, now I've to wait untill sideshow release a kenny Baker (and some box) for expose my vader. :tap

The figure is about 13 7/8" and you should lower him to about 13.25" if my memory is correct. ;) Still a very nice figure, but I had the very same observations you made earlier.

I think some people also forgot to mention that production used wires to suspend Prowse in the air for many scenes.

The figure is about 13 7/8" and you should lower him to about 13.25" if my memory is correct. ;) Still a very nice figure, but I had the very same observations you made earlier.

I think some people also forgot to mention that production used wires to suspend Prowse in the air for many scenes.

Yeah after a while the heights is kind a bothering me, you have any solution for it pixel?, or is there any body that available and have an exact or close heights of vader in 1/6?

DeWALT-DW3970-rw-78878-136665.jpg
91324.jpg
Epoxy+Glues.jpg

But seriously, if you search my posts in this thread you can see part of the progress in shortening my figure (neck, abdomen, then legs) - also photos in the photo stream. The first thing to do is King's helmet fix of course.

I'm starting to hate his gloves too! They are enormous! I think I can repaint them and use them for an Ivan Drago custom figure! My heart is definitely broken!

Back