Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpgDespite everyone's gripes, I still LOVE my Vader.
image.jpg

just got mine too.
I removed the plastic from the batteries in the belt, but the lights don't work :(
You just have to put them with the "type of battery" engraved things face upwards?

You just have to put them with the "type of battery" engraved things face upwards?

Noo.. One goes one way, and the other the opposite way. I'm pretty sure the one farthest from the screw is positive (flat) side down and the other one negative (non-flat) side down .

Got Mr Vader today.

On the one hand it's a great figure that is on the other hand plagued with a few shortcomings.

I totally like the stand, one of the coolest stands I've ever seen.
The overall look of the figure is awesome, but mainly dur to it's simple yet somehow timeless design.
I as a Hot Toys only collector am amazed by the pegs EVERY hand comes with. Totally cool!
Annd the hands are SO easy to swap.
Why can't it be like that with HT figures?
The light up feature on the figure looks cool.
My only complaint here is the dimmed upper LED on the chest plate.

Now the downs on the figure for me:
The cape seems to be cut and sewes by two years olds.
The lower end just like cut from some rest of fabric.
The wirings of the chest plate are put through a hole in the back of the tubic.
This hole is just cut into the fabric.
I am excited when the fabric will start to tear at a spot around that hole.
The shaft for the cohones cruncher stand is not fixed in the base and moves around.
Total malconception!
The stand for the helmetdisplay is a tad too wide for the mask so it doesn't rest formly on it.
It's a pain in the a$$ to get the arms to a nearly similar pose to the typical Vader belt holding thing...
The belts buckle is cheap!
It's just a plastic plate that is not firmly on the figure because of the wiring ob the back.
The upper leg joints on the pelvis are ratchet joints. Why?
That limits me to stupid, unnatural looking stances.

Yup, that's it. ;)

Overall it's a cool figure!

Got mine today. Just the regular. No issues I've found. I will say I wish the cape had a hem line throughout. But the cape definitely flows well. Heavy cloth but very light. My ceiling fan in billowing his cape right now. I don't mind the creasing in the pants, leather tends to bunch up. I would have liked the separate helm display to have better fittings though. I would also have liked to see more left hand options. Most seem to be right hand, and when trying to display lit saber with another hand. You have to have use left as holding hand. Overall, it's a great figure. Little buyers remorse, but just looking at him and he's a keeper. Now I can't wait to see some preview pics of the PF.

Just putting it out there as I have not noticed it anywhere yet but Cotsworld Collectibles ( GIJoeelite.com) has Vader on special till the 28th for $219.99. I don't know what shipping would be but if your shopping around I thought I would just share it as I noticed in an email I got today

Finally ordered one of these! Can't wait to get him tomorrow! Will look good next to custom emperor, Boba and Yoda.

Any mods this badboy REALLY needs? He seems much nicer than the ANH one!

Finally ordered one of these! Can't wait to get him tomorrow! Will look good next to custom emperor, Boba and Yoda.

Any mods this badboy REALLY needs? He seems much nicer than the ANH one!

Cathode saber and battery mod courtesy of PixelPiper. [emoji106]

Just ordered this and a lforigno tunic and cape set. I want to mod the helmet and I can't seem to find a description of the mods people are using to lower theirs. Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

Yeah I've read through that but it seems to be mostly pics of what the fig looks like with the helmet mod done rather than how it is done. Maybe I missed something, I'll have another flick through.

Because there really isn't much to take pics of. You take a firm grip on the helmet and rock back/forth and side/side until you hear the glue crack. ONce the helmet is off you re-adjust/lower and glue. Now with the ANH helmet the same method was used but the inside had to be dremeled out. I honestly can't remember if I did that with this one or not. Maybe someone else can clarify.

What is this mod you're talkin about?

Lowering of the dome.

My replacement Vader head came with the dome already detached (glue joint broken) from the mask. Convenient.

I actually used the second dome that came with this figure to use it as a mod. Simply because it doesnt have the dremeled out fit, so you can move it a bit better and get it more to your personal liking! Harder to glue, though!

Back