Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy crap! This is freaky as hell!!
Not sure if anybody has posted this, but here's what lies beneath the regular Vader head!! :horror:horror:horror

8kd7.jpg
Make sure you draw a smiley face on it with a Sharpie before you put it back in. :)

Last edited:
Question for those that have both Vaders... is the new one a much better improvement of the old one (not counting the differences in the costume between the ANH/ESB) that one should definitely buy it or is the ANH version all right as the representation of Vader on the shelf?

Question for those that have both Vaders... is the new one a much better improvement of the old one (not counting the differences in the costume between the ANH/ESB) that one should definitely buy it or is the ANH version all right as the representation of Vader on the shelf?
I don't have the ANH Vader, so I had to get this one. I've seen plenty of comparison shots though, and I think this one looks better, even considering its 'flaws'. The lighting features on the chest/belt alone makes it amazingly cool.

For those of you waiting for any sort of replacement part, I was initially quoted 7-10 business days for my new Vader head to ship out. Good news is that I just got the tracking email and it'll be here on Tuesday. I filed my claim this past Tuesday so only one week to get my replacement part. I'll finally have my mint Vader. Now I can concentrate my efforts on the TTM20 body swap.

Thanks for the update. I got that 7-10 business days e-mail too yesterday. So a week isn't so bad of a wait. Good luck on your swap!

Correction: The art box was also damaged, and the $35 was instead of replacements! How dare you and who are you to judge? I paid £250 (that is almost $400) for this figure plagued with QC issue, so I am entitled to my opinions.

Your post was poorly worded and could easily have been read that the credit note was offered in addition to the replacement parts. In any case, Sideshow has offered you replacement parts. They have dispensed their obligations to you as per their CS policy.

You are of course entitled to voice your completely wrong opinions. Over and over and over again. Don't expect others here to tolerate them without challenging you on them.

For most the Anh needs modding, new cape and the hasbro dome and added padding to the body is what I did, this new version I'd practically ready to put straight on the shelf. But in the end all a matter of personal taste some can see nonissue with it

This one may be a good starting point:

Carrie was 5' 1" (plus heeled boots). She looks tiny against Vader.

Luke at a possible 5' 8" in his heels looks a lot taller than he should be here:

Was a sneaky box involved? Was Lucas intentionally making Luke look taller as a Jedi, in contrast to making him look smaller during the duel on Cloud City?
Well I'm guessing this is also complicated by them trying to create a nice frame of the characters rather then trying to make one taller or shorter etc
I'm not worrying any more about this... It's your figures guys, if you don't like how tall Vader is cut some out the leg whatever :) or add some to other figures
im content with mine

Well I'm guessing this is also complicated by them trying to create a nice frame of the character

Vader's height is consistent through every part of all three movies. ;)

The big mystery here isn't the character's height anyway, it's why this product has been measured to be at least 3 different heights by different owners!

Vader's height is consistent through every part of all three movies. ;)

The big mystery here isn't the character's height anyway, it's why this product has been measured to be at least 3 different heights by different owners!
Ok then......so how tall was elvis? :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 535
From the very first clear production pics, I thought the gloves looked too matte, as opposed to having a leather-like sheen.
This matte surface also makes them look lighter than the rest of the black costume.
I just discovered a REALLY EASY mod for more screen-accurate gloves: POLISH THE RUBBER GLOVES WITH A CLOTH.
It's harmless, you can't break anything, and you WILL make them shinier, which also makes them look black, not charcoal gray. The more I polish it, the shinier it gets- but it takes time.
(I'm using a micro-fiber cloth, for cleaning LCD monitors.)

Attachments

• 70xo.jpg
    70xo.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 506
Last edited:
From the very first clear production pics, I thought the gloves looked too matte, as opposed to having a leather-like sheen.
This matte surface also makes them look lighter than the rest of the black costume.
I just discovered a REALLY EASY mod for more screen-accurate gloves: POLISH THE RUBBER GLOVES WITH A CLOTH.
It's harmless, you can't break anything, and you WILL make them shinier, which also makes them look black, not charcoal gray.
I'm working on one glove right now, and I'll post some comparison shots soon.
(I'm using a micro-fiber cloth, for cleaning LCD monitors.)

Thats a great idea, I've got some other figs I'm gonna try that on as well that suffer from the overly grey hand look.

Make sure you draw a smiley face on it with a Sharpie before you put it back in. :)

:lol:lol:lol!!

I guess it depends on how picky you are… I'm usually not picky when it comes to figures, but with Vader… I am…

ANH I changed the body, dome, cape and robe…

With the new one, I'm still trying to sort out what to do with the body, as I am not too crazy with it either…
And I am changing the dome of the regular head too…
The jumpsuit isn't as good as the ANH IMO… but that's just me
Still, out of the box I think the ESB/ROTJ one is better

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

View attachment 90403

:rotfl

This is how I plan to display my reveal Vader head,
I need some lose extras!! :panic:

attachment.php

Well I'm guessing this is also complicated by them trying to create a nice frame of the characters rather then trying to make one taller or shorter etc
I'm not worrying any more about this... It's your figures guys, if you don't like how tall Vader is cut some out the leg whatever :) or add some to other figures
im content with mine

Not going to change mine either. Looks perfect to me compared to DX07 Luke and other figures that I've stood directly in front of him.

pixelpiper said:

Can't imagine there are different sized stock bodies, so it must be a combination of various joints not being pushed in completely.

The shin part of the boots are tight on his legs so it takes a bit of effort to get them clear of the ankle to enable the foot peg to be fully pushed up inside the leg.

There might also be some variation in the helmet dome placement. Mine was right down on his 'eyebrows', but I've read posts reporting that the helmet looked too high on some figures.

absolutely amazing..need some mods..but it's near to be perfect...

Back