Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys and your height issues. :lol

fuaxS5u.png

Why keep going on and on about the height?

There is no dispute, he is too tall.

If that bothers people they should cancel because it's not changing. :dunno.

If they do though, they are missing out on a awesome figure.

fuaxS5u.png
Why keep going on and on about the height?

There is no dispute, he is too tall.

If that bothers people they should cancel because it's not changing. :dunno.

If they do though, they are missing out on a awesome figure.
I was thinking I'd get egged for that post. :monkey2

I'm actually cool with this Vader's height, to be honest. Just curious still about the actual height, for my own geeky reasons.

I can't cancel this order if I wanted to - it'll be delivered on Wednesday. I'm one of the original people advocating for Sideshow's improved production quality when this thread started. The height bothers me, but the figure looks awesome overall. But since my display will be along side Luke, I'd like to do what I can to make the scene look GREAT and in scale.

That last image is a good example of the squatness of Vader's helmet in the movies.

All Vader fencing: Bob Anderson (died in 2012): https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-16383728

BTSandersonempirebig.jpg

Last edited:

fuaxS5u.png

That is such a freaking ingenious set. For years I wondered how they achieved that gantry backdrop without matte lines around the actors. And all along it wasn't an imposed miniature or matte painting, but rather the set ITSELF was painted with distant lights and architecture to simulate a massive structure. Brilliant.

Just to divert from the height issue for a moment, here's a cool pick of Shaw. I think he's sad about his bushy eyebrows.

Y4CDXTn.jpg

Now let's get more pics of the figure.

That last image is a good example of the squatness of Vader's helmet in the movies.

All Vader fencing: Bob Anderson (died in 2012): https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-16383728

More squat there because he was shorter than Prowse?

Because of the height differences—Anderson was 6'1", while Prowse was 6'7"—Anderson's scenes were filmed from a lower angle to make him seem taller, or he stood on some small stilts.

(Yet another variation of Prowse's height!)

https://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bob_Anderson

Now let's get more pics of the figure.

Yes. This.

Any pics posted yet anywhere of the legs without boots, possibly showing the ankle pegs?

King, care to share your mask trim mod to lower the helmet? You've posted by far the most screen-like images of this figure.

Any comparison of this releases saber hilt versus other releases?

Incidentally, the display dome works fan-fawkin-tastic on ANH Vader :yess: :yess:

Oh, wrapped some gardeners tap around the forearms to beef them up, worked great. Also hacked off some of the mask under the dome to make it sit more to my preference, cool that Sideshow has the scared back of Vader's head under the dome, even though no one will ever see it.

Also height is a non issue with me this time around, its still too big but not enough to waist time or money on mods.

Everything is such a HUGE improvement over ANH Vader. Top to bottom, everything screams quality. Better than any Sideshow 1/6 product I've seen in hand.

Cool to know about the 2nd dome and glad to hear your pleased... I figure if I do anything about the height it would be just to chop a bit out of the or calves to lower him.

Height wise how does he compare to the KP02 Vader?

King, care to share your mask trim mod to lower the helmet? You've posted by far the most screen-like images of this figure.

I took off about 1/4" off the top of the mask and rounded it off. I suppose I should have taken some shots before I glued the dome down.

Cool to know about the 2nd dome and glad to hear your pleased... I figure if I do anything about the height it would be just to chop a bit out of the or calves to lower him.

Height wise how does he compare to the KP02 Vader?

After the mod I did, the new Vader is a little less than 1/2" taller.

Back