Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the biggest problem in a nutshell:

The angle of the 'teeth'? Waaaaay off. They're too 'vertical'.
May seem like a trivial detail but you'd be surprised what a difference it makes. If the angle's even a little off, the entire helmet suffers for it.

Sadly, in all the years we've seen 12"-1/6th Vaders come out, the only one I've ever seen do a great job of nailing the right angle was the vintage Kenner 12" figure.

Here's the biggest problem in a nutshell:

The angle of the 'teeth'? Waaaaay off. They're too 'vertical'.
May seem like a trivial detail but you'd be surprised what a difference it makes. If the angle's even a little off, the entire helmet suffers for it.

Sadly, in all the years we've seen 12"-1/6th Vaders come out, the only one I've ever seen do a great job of nailing the right angle was the vintage Kenner 12" figure.

And Marmit (prototype?)....:monkey3

SDCC_2013_Sideshow_Collectibles_Star_Wars_Wed-024.jpg

OMG :horror :gah:

The only plausible reason for them to go with this face/dome is to have an even match with the SSC "full retard" RotJ Luke. Now on display with the new Han and Luke faces this is even worse.

I had severe doubts when I saw the original pictures but now I am just.. :slap

How hard is it to google up a Vader picture, any Vader picture and just conclude that this isn't good enough?

The dome is definitely sitting too high, but that is completely fixable. What concerns me more is that the dome does seem too small. But like I said, I can live with it because the rest looks great to me.

That's the bigger problem, it looks too small. Even lowered would it look just as funny or crack the dome altogether.

On the other hand, I think everything else looks good. The suit isn't that shiny licorice look and the cape and robes look better this time around.

Ill be picking the body and a few choice parts for my Vader. I only have room for one.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
I just finished looking at the gallery photos at the SS website and the Dome sits way lower on the prototype shown for the regualar helmet. I almost wonder if the helmet thats the one at Comic Con is the sperate mask and dome that is part of the Anakin Head ?

I don't think those where nesessarly designed to fit over the Anakin portait. If thats the case thats a pretty big screw up on SS's part to display it that way rather than the regular helmet .

You can also see a seem where the neck piece meets the teeth and tusks. I think its the reveal helmet rather than the regular helmet shown in the Gallery shots for the figure.

Last edited:
SDCC_2013_Sideshow_Collectibles_Star_Wars_Wed-024.jpg

OMG :horror :gah:

The only plausible reason for them to go with this face/dome is to have an even match with the SSC "full retard" RotJ Luke. Now on display with the new Han and Luke faces this is even worse.

I had severe doubts when I saw the original pictures but now I am just.. :slap

How hard is it to google up a Vader picture, any Vader picture and just conclude that this isn't good enough?

Is that a shot from Comic Con? That is absolutely awful.

Sean

I just finished looking at the gallery photos at the SS website and the Dome sits way lower on the prototype shown for the regualar helmet. I almost wonder if the helmet thats the one at Comic Con is the sperate mask and dome that is part of the Anakin Head ?

I don't think those where nesessarly designed to fit over the Anakin portait. If thats the case thats a pretty big screw up on SS's part to display it that way rather than the regular helmet .

You can also see a seem where the neck piece meets the teeth and tusks. I think its the reveal helmet rather than the regular helmet shown in the Gallery shots for the figure.

I think you're right. In one of the early shots from last night, you could see details under the dome that would only be found on the reveal helmet.

I think you're right. In one of the early shots from last night, you could see details under the dome that would only be found on the reveal helmet.

I'm glad someone thinks I'm right :lol

How have you been ? Im true B.S. fashion I see you've been rasing hell and calling a poster or two out on here. Looks like fun!

I....I don't know what else to say that you guys haven't already...

Whoever sculpted this...is he doing it from memory? There are THOUSANDS of reference shots, hell, doesn't ssc have props from the actual g'damn movies?

I preordered this before sdcc...now...ugh

Ill wait. Wait towards the end of the year.

Ssc...fix this effin thing. There won't be a 'please', 'can you', or 'I'm begging you'...

No. Fix it. You guys are more than capable.

Well it's safe to assume SS did what they could. How come some statues of Vader look decent but the 1/6 scale figures look pretty amateurish?

:dunno

Hurricane Vader look much better. Dang it I wish I didn't sell my TESB Vader a few year ago....:thud:

Back