Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like the dome doesn't sit properly on the head. Maybe it's not pushed dowm completely. just a thought.
The dome is sitting up too high but whole mask seems off to me. Does make me wish someone would just sculpt the helmet as one piece, though.

You should be able to look at the figure once - & see a great / faithful reproduction of Vader - & the head is where it all starts.

Unfortunately, this figure doesn't do that near well enough.

The dome is definitely sitting too high, but that is completely fixable. What concerns me more is that the dome does seem too small. But like I said, I can live with it because the rest looks great to me.

The dome looks like this episode of Seinfeld:

tumblr_mcgr5k5ubx1rcaovvo1_1280.jpg

I'm actually really disappointed with this and hope they fix this figure. Vader just is a no go sadly but I know ill pick it up anyways near the release date.

Is it me or does the helmet in the SS promo pic look off? the dome looks a bit small and the sloping portion seems wrong. The body suit looks good, they seem to have replicated the look of the original costume (hope it doesn't peel or crack). Then again, people will probably be modding the hell out of this.

A few people disagreed when I made this comment back in June. Guess I was right after all. :wink1:

The helmet on the ANH figure wasn't great (bit too big, proportions not quite perfect) but looked acceptable after modding. This one is just terrible. So small and sits all wrong.

Body isn't bad, looks better proportioned this time round.

The bodysuit doesn't look good though. :huh :lol

The whole figure's still a WIP as far as I'm concerned. :monkey4

It does look rather flimsy and unfinished doesn't it? Bodysuit looks rather loose and ill fitting, though that could be the body they've used. SS should take a lesson from Kaustik Plastik or HT.

Looks like the dome doesn't sit properly on the head. Maybe it's not pushed dowm completely. just a thought.

That was my first thought as well. We know its removable, also the slope at the top going up makes me think its not pushed down all the way in the back. Still a little on the small side, but nothing to get worked up over, at least not yet anyway.

At worst, someone will be making a better one and sell it here on the site, so if its an absolute travesty (which I don't think it will be) there will be options to fix it.

Back