Statue Sideshow Dinosauria Mosasaur Statue/Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too got the shipping soon notification today. My final payment will be charged on 12/5, so fingers crossed I'll have a shipment notification sometime next week. eek! :)

Recently I bought an expensive statue from another company ARH Studio's Ares God of War, and I am extremely disappointed about manufacturing:( and painting:(. Us all we complained about the quality of the painting at all dinosaurs in this line ... hmmmm we should think twice before we have a conclusion. Statues from Sideshow Dinosauria line may not have the best painting in the world, but unlike ARH Studios, is far more ok.:)I paid about $ 600 .... on this statue with fine cracks, paint unfinished .Is the first and the last statue which I take from another collection.:)

I have a wish adressed to whoever first gets the opportunity to upload pics of their Mosasaur statue. Please, no direct flash photos. No matter how good the paint job is, no statue looks good if the flash eats up all the sculpted details. I believe we can save alot of negative comments if we say no to head on flash photos. At least early on. :)

I understand what you say Robban. I totally agree with what you say, a picture if is taken with direct flash loses its qualities. The problem is that I never take pictures with flash, you can look in my past posts. All photos are taken without flash to achieve very high quality pictures to highlight the sculpture. At first I was very critical of the sideshow Dinosauria statuettes because painting was sloppy , but honestly I take the words back now after I bought the statue of Ares from ARH Studio's. I needed a sculpture from another company so I can appreciate the true value of the Sideshow Dinosauria Line sculptures:)). Again, I fully agree with Robban guys without flash, ISO300-800 low light and exposure time 50-80. I look forward to some great pictures.

Hello all. This is my first post. I'm a collector of bronze statues, mostly Tim Cotterill, but I am a huge dino fan so I have acquired all of Sideshow's faux bronze dinosaurs. And since it looks like they're done with those I decided to keep collecting the rest of their line. I actually came here to look at pics of other peoples Mosasaurs and was surprised to find none? I guess mine came early so I signed up to share pictures (camera phone) of mine with you all. Mine shipped Tuesday and came on Wednesday, so quick I didn't even think to check the mail for it until Thursday! Anyways, the thing is HUGE and overall I really like it, although the paint job is a bit toy like. Weirdly the paint job on the left side of the Mosasaur is a lot better than the right. The right side is kind of bland and airbrushy so it just doesn't look very good IMO. Ok, on to the pics...

mos1.jpg
mos2.jpg
mos3.jpg

woha finally, thanks for the picture. close enough to the proto, eyes seem very good, the shark...:gah:

looks great! can't wait to receive mine…. she looks massive. thanks for the photos

It's beautiful~ Still...the painting, not that good and not that bad this time. But still a pretty!! Exciting to see the first pics! Very good Jerassic.

Finally someone has this in hand. I do see the paint variations in your piece, Jerassic. And the paint on the shark is lousy, especially the teeth. I'm really getting tired of these pieces arriving with poor paint apps. This has been going on for ages it doesn't seem to get any better.

I did notice there doesn't seem to be an ideal way to display it to capture the Mosasaur and the best aspects of the base.

Overall, though I think it's a nice piece. If I pick this up, it will be with rewards points, and I have to wait a few months for some points to clear.

Thanks for pics - eyes look very good. Shame about the vagueness to the airbrushing on the right side, but overall it looks impressive on display.

Thank you Jerassic for such detailed pictures . How is attached shark to the Mosasaur? With magnet?

What prehistoric shark species is this ? I guess it's a small species of shark.If someone has notions of palaeontology can give us a helping hand :)

Back