Statue Sideshow Dinosauria Mosasaur Statue/Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the sculpt here, in the sense that it looks like it defies gravity and it's dynamic. I got some teeth from this bad boy so it's sorta tempting me, plus 299 is a good price.

Hmm, decisions, decisions.

I ordered it......am I too impetuous?!...because $299 is OK with me and I can have discount, $275 will be my total price...not bad I think. By the way, I will try to paint 'just a little bit' light water-blue color on its back for partial region when I get it, just like the light-green part on Styracosaurs' back and tail to make it more vivid and 'sea-like'. Hope it won't be a joke! (I feel happy when I see green or blue color on dinosaurs' body, blue and green are beautiful).

I have to say on these shots it's almost a wonder it's standing up;) So well done them getting that out of the piece, it's very clever.

200361-mosasaur-006.jpg
200361-mosasaur-010.jpg

I wasn't made keen on the Dilpho, mainly because of the conservative pose, but this piece demands more attention, and being very vertical it doesn't take that much room.

So yes, tis tempting, but I'll wait and see the count first.

On an annoying sidenote, I chipped a tooth off my Carno, almost screamed when I realised considering what the b&stard cost me on ebay.

I am very sorry to hear that...tooth and tail are the most fragile parts I think!

i had to get this so iput it on PO probably a bad idea for me but its just so beautiful i love the way it came out collecting is getting so hard

Last edited:
Edition size set at 1000 pcs. Surprisingly high for a niche market piece.

It'll be interesting to see what the ES is on the repaint editions.

Couldn't find the thread with pics/specs (unless all Dinosauria threads are merged then I might have missed it?) but I'm really loving this. Always been a mosasaur fan and I'm surprised it took me this long to actually notice this piece.
That said, any idea if this is meant to be a Tylosaurus or a Mosasaurus? (didn't see it written anywhere on the description).

Hello to everyone! Nobody writes anything here. You are not interested about the Mosasaur Statue? This statue should appear in November 2014 at sideshow collectibles. Have you received any notice?

I'm interested in this, but I'm going to wait for in hand photos before making a decision to purchase it or not.

This statue should appear in November 2014 at sideshow collectibles. Have you received any notice?

"Your pre-order of the Mosasaur - Statue (200361) will be arriving into our U.S. warehouse in approximately 14 days at which time we will charge your card for the item. Please review your shipping address and payment information (shown below) at this time to be sure they are correct before (approximately) Wednesday, November 26, 2014."

WOW !!!!!! I am extremely happy robomorph for news that you gave us! So on November 26 this beauty will appear in the United States and by January-February we will see this statue in Europe! I think will be one of the most beautiful statues from this collection. I love prehistoric marine reptiles and more than that I love the base from this lovely statuette, is full of precious details about the Cretaceous environment. I'll prepare for this statue, a special cabinet!!!

I got the notice too, maybe I can get it in early December. It's been a very very long time between dilophosaurus ship and mosasaur ship...I mean, we haven't actually get a new dinosaur statue for almost 2 years!! Remember the last time you post new pictures here?

It has been awhile. It's Sideshow's loss though..when I can't get my dino fix here I go elsewhere. Just seemed this beautiful piece from Martin Garratt :
10805088_735533373192301_797984687_n.jpg

Maybe Sideshow is realizing they've left this line sitting on the shelf too long, hence the new pieces so close together.

Last edited:
I really hope they get the jurassic world license and maybe go back to jurassic park hopefully the movie is big enough to get it

The colours on Martin Garratts dino above are gorgeous. The pose however is ridiculous with its right leg raised so high. I appreciate it may be intended to create a dynamic pose, but it looks too much to me.

The colours on Martin Garratts dino above are gorgeous. The pose however is ridiculous with its right leg raised so high. I appreciate it may be intended to create a dynamic pose, but it looks too much to me.

Since I commissioned it myself with the pose custom made exactly as shown I assure you it is a possible position. With very little in the way of hands to defend itself tyrannosaurus would have used it's mouth and it's feet. The other part of my scene here is not complete yet, it's defending it's young from a larger danger. Something you wouldn't want to get your face near. I'll have more pics from different angles when weather permits.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of this. Part of me is hoping it turns out horribly so that I'm not tempted to buy it. :p

Since I commissioned it myself with the pose custom made exactly as shown I assure you it is a possible position. With very little in the way of hands to defend itself tyrannosaurus would have used it's mouth and it's feet. The other part of my scene here is not complete yet, it's defending it's young from a larger danger. Something you wouldn't want to get your face near. I'll have more pics from different angles when weather permits.

Blade, still waiting for some additional pics of this fine statue/model!? Don't let the fire die down brother.

Back