Premium Format Sideshow Deadpool!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
h616d6ffa.gif

Kinda think I wanna go over my Deadpool a little more thoroughly now. I took a quick peek yesterday when people mentioned the paper between the harness and chest rubbing the paint. Thankfully mine is fine but there is a very small paint chip on the edge of the chest where the black meets the red. It's not something that will drive me crazy but how such an obvious defect passed right by me makes me want to recheck.

Hello everyone; first time posting here. Apologies if this has been answered but with 400+pages of posts I searched and just have to ask...

I got my PF Deadpool the other day and noticed as others have reported, the paper under the chest really messed with the paint. I have several large glossy splotches on the black area of Deadpool's chest that really hurts the aesthetic.

I opened a ticket with Sideshow for a replacement body and got this reply from William Mendoza:

Thank you for your e-mail and the pictures of your Deadpool PF. I wanted to follow up with you in regards to the paint on your item, after inspecting a couple of in-stock items it seems that this issue is occurring due to the material the item is wrapped with. With that said I do not believe we could offer you a replacement that would be an improvement to the on you have.

However, what I have done is ordered you a care kits which include different items that can help you maintain your statues in pristine condition. If I am not mistaken I believe it includes a soft cloth which can help you remove the gloss from your item. This item will be shipped out to you shortly.

Please let me know if you have any further questions that I could assist you with.

Is this a viable solution for my problem? Can the glossiness just be "cleaned off"?

Thanks in advance for any insights

:gah::gah::gah: I have a new hate for sideshow, I can't even get one stinking statue without something being wrong with it!

What do I do you guys???!!!

Just got the call from William Mendoza that my replacement chicken hand for DP #2 will be here tomorrow...:yess:

From report on Monday to resolution date Wednesday. That took a whole 3 days to get taken care of...:D Love being the next town over from Sideshow HQ. I'm always 1st on all fronts, good or bad.

Good looking out once again for the expeditious treatment...:love

Hello everyone; first time posting here. Apologies if this has been answered but with 400+pages of posts I searched and just have to ask...

I got my PF Deadpool the other day and noticed as others have reported, the paper under the chest really messed with the paint. I have several large glossy splotches on the black area of Deadpool's chest that really hurts the aesthetic.

I opened a ticket with Sideshow for a replacement body and got this reply from William Mendoza:

Is this a viable solution for my problem? Can the glossiness just be "cleaned off"?

Thanks in advance for any insights

Request a credit in addition to this "care kit". That's the typical response for paint issues. Not the care kit. I mean telling you they don't have one better to replace yours with. Which I think is a load of crap. It is the first time I've heard of them offering a care kit. Which again is a load of crap IMO. I'm not surprised. If you can, post some pics of the issues your statue has.

Request a credit in addition to this "care kit". That's the typical response for paint issues. Not the care kit. I mean telling you they don't have one better to replace yours with. Which I think is a load of crap. It is the first time I've heard of them offering a care kit. Which again is a load of crap IMO. I'm not surprised. If you can, post some pics of the issues your statue has.

Here is a picture. The thing is, for this noticeable a problem (it's more prominent in person than the pic shows) I really want it fixed more than the credit. AND the same guy just gave me a credit for my PF Vision, which arrived the same week and ALSO had paint problems, but they have no replacements at all of that.

I've seen your guys' pics in this thread and don't see anything like what I have on my DP chest here...

:gah::gah::gah: I have a new hate for sideshow, I can't even get one stinking statue without something being wrong with it!

Its a pretty ****ed up place to have a paintchip. :(
My score is also 5 out of the last 6 statues are damaged goods. My Deadpools paintchip is about the same size as yours. But my 'luck', its mostly covered by his hand with the big gun. Still its there and I dont like it. Dont wanna collect anymore like this.

Wtf is going on? Does one guy do the red paint then throw it across the factory to the next guy with the next colour?
How hard can it be to paint a figure then package it in polystyrene without dropping or banging the bloody thing?

Sorry to hear this, yes it's just hard to deal with this kind of thing. I hope you don't stop collecting. If anything just cut back like I did. It really does cut back on all the tons of headaches. Good luck and I hope you get a replacement. :wave

Note to the members with damaged SS pieces. Just my two cents but have faith in the system. On the flip side of the coin I have purchased several statues directly from SS and I live in MI which is a long ways to travel from CA. I have had one issue period with a hawkeye that they completely replaced for me. I understand that I am fortunate compared to others but this is a testament that not all people with high ordering volume have issues. My best wishes to you guys on future purchases and your replacements. I would be all disheveled as well

That looks like it should be fixable. If you otherwise are happy with the statue (i.e. no other major concerns), I would possibly contact them about a partial refund and touch up that spot yourself.

WTF I haven't heard anything back from Sideshow!!!! This statues a piece of crap and Sidehow rips all these people off. Purchasing things isn't supposed to be gambling

WTF I haven't heard anything back from Sideshow!!!! This statues a piece of crap and Sidehow rips all these people off. Purchasing things isn't supposed to be gambling

Yeah, I'm going to really need to call SS as well for my recent Aayla return request. They just don't respond back anymore. It's been almost 2 weeks. My label will soon expire. It was only a simple question about returning my base only since my statue had no issues. I didn't want to risk getting a damage statue when all I need is a new base. :thud: come on SS, I'm really trying here to work with you. The nice rep forward my email to you as well but still nothing. All I need is a response. :dunno

Back