Premium Format Sideshow Deadpool!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Creating the design yes, but the Deadpool everyone knows and loves wasn't his making. I'll give him the costume design, that's about it. And why does everyone give Liefeld the credit and leave out Fabian Nicieza? You know, the writer.

For the same reason Lucas gets all the cred for SW.
Sure, episode 4 was good, but 5 & 6 were better because he didn't direct them. 1-3 never happened as far as I'm concerned and DV is my favorite cinema villain.

Liefeld created him and no matter how much you cant stand his art, that can never be taken away from him.

For the same reason Lucas gets all the cred for SW.
Sure, episode 4 was good, but 5 & 6 were better because he didn't direct them. 1-3 never happened as far as I'm concerned and DV is my favorite cinema villain.

Liefeld created him and no matter how much you cant stand his art, that can never be taken away from him.

You do realize that Fabian Nicieza is considered the co-creator right? I mean he did come up with the story, his name and all that jazz. We aren't talking directors on sequels. We're talking about the guy wrote Deadpool's first appearance.

Edit: And just to be clear, George Lucas may not have directed all three original films but he did write all three films. It's not like some guy in the back was doing it for him and George just took all the credit, unlike some people.

Last edited:
I concur!

Creating the design yes, but the Deadpool everyone knows and loves wasn't his making. I'll give him the costume design, that's about it. And why does everyone give Liefeld the credit and leave out Fabian Nicieza? You know, the writer.

No one remembers writers. Artists is where it's at! At least the artists always gets mostly all the credit in comics. Well at least for me its always the artists that sells. I normal don't even read the books. I know I'm an idiot for not reading them. :rotfl. Artists are taking the credits, that's why liefeld is still so well know and who's Fabian nicieza? :dunno

You do realize that Fabian Nicieza is considered the co-creator right? I mean he did come up with the story, his name and all that jazz. We aren't talking directors on sequels. We're talking about the guy wrote Deadpool's first appearance.

Edit: And just to be clear, George Lucas may not have directed all three original films but he did write all three films. It's not like some guy in the back was doing it for him and George just took all the credit, unlike some people.

Ok, but being that art and statuary is a visual format, Liefeld is credited with the look of Deadpool which has stayed pretty true to present day. SS isn't giving people premium format books.
Just sayin man...

Ok, but being that art and statuary is a visual format, Liefeld is credited with the look of Deadpool which has stayed pretty true to present day. SS isn't giving people premium format books.
Just sayin man...

We aren't discussing Sideshow's visual representation. We're discussing Liefeld, the fact that people lay sole credit on him for creating this, among other things, when in fact other's worked to create those things along side him and the fact that while everyone has shown everything to the contrary, people still think his art is "good". While the latter is a matter of taste which is, i guess, is excusable, the former isn't. It's the same crap that happened to Bill Finger, with Batman, and Jack Kirby, who was the artist by the way, on the Fantastic Four.

Liefeld created Deadpool and "No One Can take that from him"? well sir, I'd submit to you that Liefeld has taken credit away from others.

Of course I'm debating this in all in fun, so I hope you aren't taking this too seriously.

We aren't discussing Sideshow's visual representation. We're discussing Liefeld, the fact that people lay sole credit on him for creating this, among other things, when in fact other's worked to create those things along side him and the fact that while everyone has shown everything to the contrary, people still think his art is "good". While the latter is a matter of taste which is, i guess, is excusable, the former isn't. It's the same crap that happened to Bill Finger, with Batman, and Jack Kirby, who was the artist by the way, on the Fantastic Four.

Liefeld created Deadpool and "No One Can take that from him"? well sir, I'd submit to you that Liefeld has taken credit away from others.

Of course I'm debating this in all in fun, so I hope you aren't taking this too seriously.

Nah man, it's cool. It's comics and collectables :lol
PF really did turn out great. I only wonder how SS will decide on what will be fully sculpted from here on out.

On the topic of art and credibility, waaay bigger conversation then Leifeld and DP.

Nah man, it's cool. It's comics and collectables :lol
PF really did turn out great. I only wonder how SS will decide on what will be fully sculpted from here on out.

On the topic of art and credibility, waaay bigger conversation then Leifeld and DP.

I think they made the right choice on this with only the straps being cloth/faux leather what have you. I'm guessing since they took the Mixed media "stipulation" out of the Premium Format Equation it'll be simply based on what aesthetically looks good, instead of just strapping clothing to every figure no matter what. Which I think gives them more options, and maybe, though I doubt it, might give for more cost effect options to their customers.

I think they made the right choice on this with only the straps being cloth/faux leather what have you. I'm guessing since they took the Mixed media "stipulation" out of the Premium Format Equation it'll be simply based on what aesthetically looks good, instead of just strapping clothing to every figure no matter what. Which I think gives them more options, and maybe, though I doubt it, might give for more cost effect options to their customers.

:exactly: I'd be willing to bet the day DD comes out he'll (hopefully) turn out just as good.

I'm a huge Deadpool fan, and really liked Liefeld's work growing up. That's why I said I would get his sig on the base. While some feel that would take from the statue, to me that would make it priceless. To each his/her own.

PS - I believe the biggest credit Fabian Nicieza has with the character being created was giving him the name Wade Wilson

1. I didn't bash anyone, I simply said his art is incorrect and illustrated the point.
2. So it's okay for you to have an opinion that he's great but not okay for me to voice mine?

3. Ignore me or get over it.

Listen Joshi have no problem with people expressing there opinion what I have a problem with is when ever a few of us have a discussion about enjoying liefields art you jump in with a bunch of pics and comment on how terrible they are. You ask me to ignore but why can't you just ignore us. That's all I am saying. I see lots of people say things that I have a different opinion about on these forums and if I have nothing to add other that to trash them or the things they enjoy i just move on. Just for once it would be nice to chat about Liefield and not have a bunch of people come in to trash the guy.

That's all I am say bud no hard feelings but I enjoy the guys art it I don't need to continually have others try to explain to me I am wrong for it. I get it he has terrible proportions.

Glad to hear it worked out for you bud. I had faith SS would come through for you. My replacement head shipped yesterday. Less that a week after I initially emailed them. That pretty awesome I'd say. I showed my wife the paint chip and she couldn't even believe that I bothered to complain about that or that SS would actually send a replamemt for that. She said that was pretty fair or them.

Did they send you a FedEx notice for the replacement?

I'm a huge Deadpool fan, and really liked Liefeld's work growing up. That's why I said I would get his sig on the base. While some feel that would take from the statue, to me that would make it priceless. To each his/her own.

PS - I believe the biggest credit Fabian Nicieza has with the character being created was giving him the name Wade Wilson

I have no issue with you doing whatever you like with your statue. I just can't stand Liefeld. No harm or foul.

....which is a direct rip-off of Slade Wilson - Deathstroke in the DC Universe.

That was actually Nicieza joke, because he felt that when Liefeld showed him the design and told him he was an assassin that Liefeld was directly riffing(or ripping depending on your opinion) off Deathstroke and therefore named him Wade Wilson, to imply a relation to Slade Wilson.

Yeah they did.

Cool, hopefully I get my notice soon. Strange thing is that I got the same email response from SS twice...once last night, and once this morning. I responded to both, and I sent them a pic of the number on base...

Just thought it was strange to get the exact same email from the same guy twice.

Back