Premium Format Sideshow Deadpool!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't realize that the Ex & Reg base are totally different from one another.

Ex. bottom is Gold

Reg. bottom is the traditional DP colors.

Nice move Sideshow...:yess:

Here's the EX bottom base colors...

I really love this statue, turned out great!
_8138311_zpsb0a69f19.jpg

That looks like it should be fixable. If you otherwise are happy with the statue (i.e. no other major concerns), I would possibly contact them about a partial refund and touch up that spot yourself.

Im no painter by any means, I know mixing colors is tricky and i sure as heck don't want to make it worse

Im no painter by any means, I know mixing colors is tricky and i sure as heck don't want to make it worse

Might need to save up on a couple hundred dollars and send him out to be repainted and that chip fixed all up. It sucks but sometimes you have to go to this measure to keep the statue you want in your collection when all else fails...:dunno

But...but...
It's the bottom...of the base :lol

Just in case you have a slickster out there that will try to portray his DP as the original EX. When they know all they did was get luck and get their hands on the "CHICKEN".

I like the move from SSC. At least you know you're buying a put together Ex...:wink1:

Just in case you have a slickster out there that will try to portray his DP as the original EX. When they know all they did was get luck and get their hands on the "CHICKEN".

I like the move from SSC. At least you know you're buying a put together Ex...:wink1:

Aren't they different edition sizes though.

Well, if you're not comfortable doing it, then I guess contact them about a replacment?

There is always a chance that the replacment could arrive broken or something, so if it's a small paint chip that you can fix yourself, I'd do that. If it's in ab obvious spot, and you are worried about wrecking it, contact SS and see what they say. Maybe they'd agree to let you try to touch it up first, and if you're not satisfied with the results, they'd replace it? Worth a shot.

I'm not much of a painter either, but I successfully touched up some similar paint chips on my Iron Man Mark VI maquette and Venom Comm (even mixed some colours to match!). Just get a really tiny brush and some acrylic model paint...

Well, if you're not comfortable doing it, then I guess contact them about a replacement?

There is always a chance that the replacement could arrive broken or something, so if it's a small paint chip that you can fix yourself, I'd do that. If it's in an obvious spot, and you are worried about wrecking it, contact SS and see what they say. Maybe they'd agree to let you try to touch it up first, and if you're not satisfied with the results, they'd replace it? Worth a shot.

I'm not much of a painter either, but I successfully touched up some similar paint chips on my Iron Man Mark VI maquette and Venom Comm (even mixed some colors to match!). Just get a really tiny brush and some acrylic model paint...

I think I'm gonna do that. I did some painting back in fine arts school so I'm gonna take a whack at it. Thanks Bmutha! Thanks guys!

I think I'm gonna do that. I did some painting back in fine arts school so I'm gonna take a whack at it. Thanks Bmutha! Thanks guys!

Just a quick pointer, before you apply the paint to the statue mix the color to the best of your ability and apply a little to a gray surface(gray cardboard or plastic tray) this will give you the best idea of what the color will look like when applied then you can hold this up next to the statues color and spot check it. I also recommend using a liner brush as small as you can find since the chip looks so tiny.

Just a quick pointer, before you apply the paint to the statue mix the color to the best of your ability and apply a little to a gray surface(gray cardboard or plastic tray) this will give you the best idea of what the color will look like when applied then you can hold this up next to the statues color and spot check it. I also recommend using a liner brush as small as you can find since the chip looks so tiny.

I remember doing that back in college. A little air drying and matching, and good call on the gray surface! :clap I'm sure it will be a simple fix, it's just super annoying to have this happen. Thanks Josh!

Back