Sideshow DC Animated Series Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prices are rising way above the level of inflation, no excuses can justify the price of this statue. As others have pointed out Tweeterhead are providing more detailed statues at over $100 cheaper so it's obviously possible.

If no one pre-orders they'll have to reduce the prices eventually unless they want thousands of them sitting in their warehouse.

This was the Sideshow line I was most excited for but there is no way I can justify spending that kind of money. If this is where prices are in this hobby then I am priced out.

What I don’t understand is how D.C. collectibles and Tweeterhead can produce quality pieces at reasonable prices yet Sideshow is always overpriced.
Even if I was willing to swallow the price, there’s the fact that the next statues in this line after the trinity appear to be Joker and Harley, so the usual old hits from Sideshow, which most likely means no complete JL once again.

I would imagine so. I would actually really love a cheaper, PVC run of the animated series. I have the Dark Knight Returns statue from DC collectibles and it’s one of my favorite pieces and it cost literally less than 20% of what they’re asking for this guy. If DC collectibles was able to maintain that price point it’d be possible to get, say, a Batman, robin, Joker, two face, and catwoman PVC for LESS THAN THIS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you serious? There is no value to PVC. That’s why those “statues” are cheap. If you want your collection to hold a certain value $$, and I believe that is what a serious collector wants, the least depreciation would happen to a non PVC version.
If you only care about appearing to have something of value, then go ahead and throw your money away on crap just like those faux leather jackets you see for $100.

Are you serious? There is no value to PVC. That’s why those “statues” are cheap. If you want your collection to hold a certain value $$, and I believe that is what a serious collector wants, the least depreciation would happen to a non PVC version.
If you only care about appearing to have something of value, then go ahead and throw your money away on crap just like those faux leather jackets you see for $100.

Wow I didn’t realize you were the arbiter of what a “serious collector” is. I collect statues that I enjoy and don’t give a second thought to whether or not they hold their value. I would rather have more characters than fewer, especially since, in my opinion, pvc can look awesome! But, like you said, I’m not a “serious collector” so what do I know?

Wow I didn’t realize you were the arbiter of what a “serious collector” is. I collect statues that I enjoy and don’t give a second thought to whether or not they hold their value. I would rather have more characters than fewer, especially since, in my opinion, pvc can look awesome! But, like you said, I’m not a “serious collector” so what do I know?

:lol :lol :lol

I think this statue is boss. I really like it but there's so much other stuff coming out that I want so I may not be able to order this. As far as the price goes, all of this stuff is way overpriced...lol

I care about what a statue looks like in my collection. I thought I was serious too :mad:

I care about what a statue looks like in my collection. I thought I was serious too :mad:

Right there with ya. Can't believe the focus on "value" If you want $600 of "value" don't spend it on a statue. Put $600 in a jar on that same shelf instead. None of these truly hold value unless the demand continues. You have no way of forecasting that when purchasing a statue. That's why the money spent on statues should absolutely be seen as disposable. :slap

It is pretty funny to hear people harp so much on "value" when talking about STATUES OF COMIC BOOK CHARACTERS that are in and around the $1,000 range.

Like you said, you want real value out of that money? Don't buy the statue in the first place lol. These things aren't that important beyond buying them to enjoy them. Anything else is.....a bit silly.

Check the secondary market, almost no recent statues are selling for what people paid for them, factor in shipping costs and people have been losing ridiculous amounts of money lately

Not sure if it's been mentioned. I looked through back pages. The exclusive grapple gun is incorrect. That is the classic version, not from TNBA. Also the head sculpt seems more like the classic Batman Animated.

Not sure if it's been mentioned. I looked through back pages. The exclusive grapple gun is incorrect. That is the classic version, not from TNBA. Also the head sculpt seems more like the classic Batman Animated.

They should have just gone classic TAS

Check the secondary market, almost no recent statues are selling for what people paid for them, factor in shipping costs and people have been losing ridiculous amounts of money lately

Really? Find me a Koto Wonder Woman movie 1/6 statue, Tweeterhead Lily Munster, Tweeterhead Adam West Batman, DC Collectibles Gary Frank Superman & Lois for retail...lol

They should have just gone classic TAS

They mentioned in a video this was their "interpretation" and took elements of all the BTAS versions, so in a way it makes sense from their point of view. Not justifying it, but simply restating what they said in making these. I am one of the original and biggest BTAS fans ever, and I even I think this one is a mess.

They mentioned in a video this was their "interpretation" and took elements of all the BTAS versions, so in a way it makes sense from their point of view. Not justifying it, but simply restating what they said in making these. I am one of the original and biggest BTAS fans ever, and I even I think this one is a mess.

Sometimes, ideas & interpretations need to take a back seat

Back