Sideshow Darth Vader Sixth Scale Figure - Return of the Jedi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah same here, it seems the bottom of the zipper is sewn to both sides of the vest. Not sure why, will have a look once I start working on it.
Cool. I have no idea how that eBay seller was able to take it off. I guess if you're parting out to sell then one can be a little forceful. I didn't want to take a chance. On a unrelated note the complete SS Rotj Vader is fantastic. Never thought I'd say that. A few minor issues that I'm fixing but this will be my go to Vader. I don't mind the helmet but may upgrade down the road.

Quick shot after a redress. Will try to post better pictures later. uploadfromtaptalk1475330202398.jpg

Looks great, may pick it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The new body suit is really outstanding. It has as a great feel and for now at least appears to be very durable. The 3 piece design is a blessing as you would never get the level of arm articulation that a one piece would. I never got the SS DX as it looked too lanky and to me, just screamed "cheap".The new quilted material coupled with the larger body makes this release shine in my eyes. It's such a beast. It's tall and stocky and looks like it would mop the floor with every other figure in your cabinet. I honestly can't believe this is from Sideshow and that I prefer it to Hot Toys. Granted I never had the HT ANH version in hand to really compare but with it being the ANH version (I'm an Empire Vader guy) and those terrible gloves I figured why not and took the plunge. So happy I did as this version will be the one to represent Vader in my collection. If SS keeps this up then those rising prices might actually be justified.

Last edited:
Here finally the comparison shots that I promised. Overall definitely worth the upgrade for me! I never owned the SSC ANH version though, so I can't compare it to that. It's not nearly as stiff as the HT version, which helps creating more wrinkles here and there.
Don't have shots on my custom yet, need to futz and modify some more for that. Having the pants and shirt separate pieces is a blessing, as the SSC version is too tall, so a one-piece would have made it more difficult to fit. However, with the pants running high and the vest reaching down, the multiple layers create quite some thickness under the crotch armor, making it stand out more than the belt. I might remove the velcro of the pants altogether to make it more flush.

The SSC DX suit in the picture had the lower legs cut off to create gloves. The HT suit has the end of the sleeves wrapped in tape to keep them from flaring out.

SSC DX - HT - SSC ROTJ
IMG_0497_small.jpg

HT - SSC ROTJ
IMG_0501_small.jpg

IMG_0502_small.jpg

Just got mine, love it. Though i think i may invest in one of those cathode sabers from pixel. I do wish the boots matched the rest of the figure as well. They look almost unpainted.

I hope Bandai will do a 1/6 Vader. If they do, the head might be a good replacement for Sideshow. Wishing.

I hope Bandai will do a 1/6 Vader. If they do, the head might be a good replacement for Sideshow. Wishing.

If their Vader looks like the Stormie, then Sideshow will still be better. Even the ANH giraffe one might be too. But Bandai will be cheaper.

May as well get the hot toys...bandai might be able to do 1/6 maybe but all plastic if that's what you want.

I thought about replacing the head but I've grown to like it. I'm also probably being lazy but I don't think it's that bad. I can live with it anyway.

Last edited:
I think Jun A is saying he wants the bandia to switch out the helmet only, not replace the whole figure.

Anyone know the exact measurements of this, thinking of grabbing one and displaying it in a Detolf.

Thanks in advance

Is he stupid tall like the ESB one?

I think it's a new body isn't it?

The only issue is that the parts were a bit too big also, so even if the body's smaller, the parts just look bunched up - you could see it in the SSC ANH Vader as well when people would shorten him; boots come up above the knees.

Back