Sideshow Darth Vader Sixth Scale Figure - Return of the Jedi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Considering getting this but something keeps telling me to wait and see if Hot Toys announces an ESB/ROTJ Vader soon.

I picked him up for a great price, and he's pretty damn awesome. I have the HT version and think this one is more fun to pose thanks to the gloves and different suit material. Worth getting if you can get him below $200 like I did.

Considering getting this but something keeps telling me to wait and see if Hot Toys announces an ESB/ROTJ Vader soon.

I'm not sure we'll see another Vader so soon after the ANH version just came out. If anything I can see them repackaging him in a Rogue One box with new accessories from the movie.

I have no doubt we'll get our ESB and ROTJ Vader at some point but I would guess it to be at least a year from now. Maybe longer.

I'm not sure we'll see another Vader so soon after the ANH version just came out. If anything I can see them repackaging him in a Rogue One box with new accessories from the movie.

I have no doubt we'll get our ESB and ROTJ Vader at some point but I would guess it to be at least a year from now. Maybe longer.

I see that happening...SHINY VERSION!
Like this :
image.jpeg

Where is that from? Looks like SDCC. But what suit is that supposed to be? Not clear if it's a product or costume display.

Where is that from? Looks like SDCC. But what suit is that supposed to be? Not clear if it's a product or costume display.

From rebelscum I think. At sideshow booth...says tbd, but is likely rogue one Though the rogue one pics have broader. ( waaaay broader) shoulders

Life size figure/ prop/statue.

If that's how the Rogue One suit is gonna look, interesting to see the shiny helmet and armor parts. I like it. If so I'm wondering if we'll get a repainted Hot Toys ANH Vader. Been debating on which current Vader figure I should get, while thinking about any possible future versions they could make like ESB, ROTJ, or Rogue One.

As a Vader figure is a no-brainer to any dork's shelf space, only two deciding factors came to mind during the consideration process for this guy; (1) it doesn't suffer the velcro-glove-hands of the HT version, and (2) is 70 bucks cheaper. Easy-peezy. I got mine last week, and hot-damn does he ever have a shelf presence!!!

As someone else said, it might be another year or two before they announce a new Vader. Maybe I should get this in the meantime. Vader is one of my favorite villains and I've been without 1/6 SW for too long.

Does anyone have height comparison pics with HT Marvel or DC figures?

So to anyone who has this, how do you like it? I'm surprised by the lack of info that I kind find about it online. I've seem two youtube videos in total-1 being from Sideshow. I swore off SS products years ago but I want a Vader and I think with a few upgrades this may be decent.

I have an extra lforigno cape I used for my SSC ANH Vader, because I never liked the Batman type cape it came with. But that ANH Vader figure is up for sale (and pending) and the buyer only wants the original SSC cape. My question is if this lforigno cape will fit the Deluxe Vader, and if the Deluxe figure needs this type of cape, or is it good enough?

Nevermind - cape is pending

Last edited:
I did a pretty big review on here a while ago. The figure is an amazing one and I had that HT vs SS debate and went with this newer SS version. I went with this one and absolutely love it. Has so much presence.
Also, I bought the HT helmet and display it on the helmet stand.

973c941a22ca1e72d138ff0f4f2baea7.jpg

bc68e49282c5b5b7a1eec94794b858b2.jpg

cec971f60a936f3b339f51706f862eac.jpg

1641ab411606b0e2e214266c80a5d376.jpg

441881a643dd04b2f822367fa878b196.jpg

031551a695ce035334a13c6d3bed542d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ill do a quick wrap up, and maybe update now that I've had the figure for awhile. My big review is on pages 19/20.

The big changes on this figure from the Deluxe version is the bulkier undersuit, newly articulated hands (including a set specifically to hold the belt, which is prob the best pose for this guy), updated deltoid shoulder armour and cape, and a better lightsaber. It does not come with the awesome Deluxe base, but I kept mine and display him with it.

The undersuit is pleather and is the best change they made over the deluxe. Vader should be bulky and muscular...this undersuit does that without making him look chunky (this is a place where HT failed). Still, allows all the amazing articulation (superior to HT) that we got from the Deluxe.

2d9877038ed06ea7607e7be0381dbed9.jpg

871e986a059ef8719022659df1a6e6d6.jpg

For size, this figure is an oversized Vader. Def dwarfs the HT version, and that is quite tall but more in scale. I always display him with troops and for effect, the size of him makes a very commanding presence.

HT might put out an ESB/ROTJ Vader...but I doubt I'll buy it. Maybe the helmet...but this figure is all I wanted in a Vader. With the new body I realized that the helmet was not so much an issue but that body. I think where the new one fails is in base...I wish sideshow and even HT (SW bases are very generic now) release more unique bases. The Deluxe did it right there. I will be buying the 1/4 HT version and with this SS Vader I'll be very satisfied representing one of my top characters of all time.

I have a lot of great figures...in a top 10 list this slots in at #10.

b1172137a278bd3f32aeceb597312151.jpg

Nice overview bebe13junior. The one you have there is the regular ROTJ version, and not the deluxe? Its looking good. Would you happen to know if the one that is currently shipping from Sideshow is the updated version?

Nice overview bebe13junior. The one you have there is the regular ROTJ version, and not the deluxe? Its looking good. Would you happen to know if the one that is currently shipping from Sideshow is the updated version?

The one I have there is the ROTJ, but the base is from the Deluxe. The one shipping is the ROTJ...the Deluxe has sold out long ago.

The one I have there is the ROTJ, but the base is from the Deluxe. The one shipping is the ROTJ...the Deluxe has sold out long ago.

Thanks for the info. I'm new to these Sideshow figures, but now I'm gathering that the ROTJ version came out after the Deluxe version? At first I thought the Deluxe was released second, but that there was also an update to the regular ROTJ this year. I think I was mixed up on that.

The deluxe came out a few years ago and the exclusive had the severed hand after Vader's battle with Luke. The suit on the figure was the biggest flaw on the figure with material used and the over all skinny look to his arms and legs. The flare out on the gloves also added to the anorexic look of the figure. Then he also had a thick lightsaber that just didn't look right. Was still a great figure with the display options and I really liked the reveal portrait and the display stands were awesome and unique. The new version looks better in the suit and the gloves. I am looking for just the parts to add to my deluxe Vader.

So the body itself is new as well? Do you happen to have a shot of that?
I definitely need to get that suit for my custom!

No I do not. The body I would assume is the exact same as the Deluxe.

What type of custom are you going for?

Back