Sideshow Darth Vader Sixth Scale Figure - Return of the Jedi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another IMAG0573.jpg pics

Looks nice ! Good futzing. I like it more than any HT attempt so far. It's excellent from the neck down. If only SSC had redone the face sculpt... I can't get over the oversized mouth.

Mine should be here on friday. I was considering the rogue one vader but I got this one at a really good price so i figured I would go with it over the hot toys and save a bunch of money as I am sure I will be happy with it.

Is true sideshow has not been able to achieve a sculpted face faithful to the movies, although it looks good and the coat is very natural, I think I miss the detail of double face in this, in addition to a little less lump in the chest. Perfect restIMG_20161207_145705.jpg

Nice looking Vader there.

I like how in the 'Rogue One' link to Sideshows site, the SS Vader is included between all of the Hot Toys figure. Whereas the HT RO Vader is nowhere to be seen. Well played SS, well played.

As soon as I looked at it I could tell the face was wayyy off. Pass. Just doesn't look right to me at all.

Great looking figure.. But yeah, the undersized dome draws attention to the grill, whereas with Ht, the slightly oversized dome contrasts a bit too much with the body.

I was thinking of getting the Ht rogue one vader but I got a brand new SS rotj vader(did not come with shipper box though) for a lot cheaper than the retail so i went with the sideshow even with the oversized grill as I could not pass on it at the price I got it at. I also got the unmasked vader head from the SS deluxe vader that I will use on this vader from time to time.

Like any likeness, it has its faults, but the grill doesn't bother me when teamed up with the HT dome. Just seems to smooth out the sins.:)
From an old WIP post...
Vader Helmet Mod.jpg

Attachments

• Vader Helmet Mod.jpg
    Vader Helmet Mod.jpg
    325 KB · Views: 437
I know its not perfect, but I am pretty happy with my Vader, after I did a body swap... more of a 'man in a suit' feeling now....

image.jpg

I am using a Hot Toys ANH Vader body... this is a real Frankenstein now:

Hot Toys ANH Head
Hot Toys ANH Body
Hot Toys ANH boots
Sideshow ANH shinguards
Sideshow ANH bodysuit
Sideshow Deluxe codpiece
Sideshow Deluxe gloves
Sideshow Deluxe tunic and cape
Sideshow Deluxe belt, chest and shoulder armor
Hot Toys ANH lightsaber

The only thing I feel I need to improve is a mod on the head, and make it more shiny.

Hot Toys ANH Head
Hot Toys ANH Body
Hot Toys ANH boots
Sideshow ANH shinguards
Sideshow ANH bodysuit
Sideshow Deluxe codpiece
Sideshow Deluxe gloves
Hot Toys ANH lightsaber

The only thing I feel I need to improve is a mod on the head, and make it more shiny.

Looks great. My Vader is a bit of a Frankenstein too. It's the only way I could be happy with it. :lol

Hot Toys ANH Head
Hot Toys ANH Body
Hot Toys ANH boots
Sideshow ANH shinguards
Sideshow ANH bodysuit
Sideshow Deluxe codpiece
Sideshow Deluxe gloves
Hot Toys ANH lightsaber

Hah, that's hilarious! So none of the parts are from the newer SS ROTJ Vader. Sounds like something I would do.

I went ahead an ordered the new ROTJ Vader. I think I prefer the larger beefier proportions of the SS body compared to the HT body, for an older ESB/ROTJ Vader. I predict the light gimmicks on the SS will be simpler and easier to access compared to anything HT will put out. With a shined-up HT ANH head, I think this figure will look great.

Back