Sideshow Darth Vader Sixth Scale Figure - Return of the Jedi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Between NRD and now re-release, there is absolutely no reason to preorder anymore.

BTW, wondering when this thread will be shut down as adverse?

This is what happens when companies become too greedy and too arrogant.

Between NRD and now re-release, there is absolutely no reason to preorder anymore.

BTW, wondering when this thread will be shut down as adverse?

soon.......

clooney-is-watching-slow.gif

Looks like Sideshow is at it again. There are some differences it looks like.
View attachment 227984
Fully articulated Darth Vader body
Finely tailored costume featuring a two-piece fabric body suit, quilted vest, pants, undershirt, inner robe and cape
Detailed helmet portrait and body armor elements
Newly sculpted codpiece
Sculpted boots
Chest box and belt boxes with light-up features
Lightsaber hilt without blade
Lightsaber hilt with attached blade
Eight (8) newly sculpted interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of hands for holding belt boxes
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of hands for holding lightsaber
- Right 'force' gesture hand
- Left pointer hand
Hexagonal shaped figure stand

PHXVQfe.gif

8dZZTx6.gif

What are they doing.. :lol

Hot Toys should find a new distributer.

I think many retailers will appreciate that.

I think there are a number of shops that don't like competing with Sideshow when they're their own distributor. Thinking of one shop in particular, but the owner vented frustrations to me about that exact issue.

The good news here is that -- if this is a 'who's is bigger' contest -- I look forward to the immediate reveal of the HT ESB Vader.

That said, I still think SS's will be bigger. Their Vader, that is.

$19 shipping too. I wonder what the shipping was for the deluxe Vader a couple of years ago? It came with more.

Seriously, who would buy this? Hell, I'd sell my deluxe for $230.

These "new" gloves must be AMAZING!!

The good news here is that -- if this is a 'who's is bigger' contest -- I look forward to the immediate reveal of the HT ESB Vader.

That said, I still think SS's will be bigger. Their Vader, that is.
Well they are overcompensating with a bigger codpiece! :lol

Perhaps a lot of people complained about the size of Vader's codpiece. All those kiddies who grew up believing Vader should have a really big codpiece. Not sure why those kiddies were thinking about Vader's codpiece. Must be a generational thing.

Don't get me wrong. I love Sideshow and what I am offering is constructive criticism. If anything, I have been loyal and still am...its just that these tactics make it hard for the collector to spend money.

Example: SS sells limited edition pieces but then they re-release the same item?

The re-release has no substantial revisions?

Why would we (the loyal) re-buy a figure we already have when we desperately crave new figures?

SS is not Hasbro but it seems like they are now catering to people just getting into the hobby with a quick sale. Forgetting the fact that "loyal" are the ones that will buy every release if done correctly. We are SS's bread and butter....not the casual fan that buys Vader because he looks cool in their son's bedroom decor.

If that's the case, I guess that means no more cool secondary aliens.

Yeah, I'm really bummed. I think this is the end.:(

But as it's been said many times - who'd buy a $230 Walrusman/Ackbar or a $250 Dengar from SSC? Other than astromechs, nothing would be under $200 even from now.

I'm starting to get nostalgic for a time when you could buy a pretty damn good Boussh (forget the headsculpt) for $50. Even for the $110-130 range of hammerhead and Gammy. Long, long gone - lost in a haze of $$$$$$'s.

Wow, what if SS is starting their exit strategy? I have

Available Points 3547
Pending Points 1730

What if SS doesn't make anything I'd want to buy? I really don't want to use these points on X-Luke, Jawas or this Vader. I will be buying the Jaws, though after a sale or code.

Back