Sideshow Darth Vader Sixth Scale Figure - Return of the Jedi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least they aren't charging more while giving less with this figure. It's up for $230 while the original deluxe figure was $250. Still though seems odd that they're re-releasing another figure. I wonder how many more figures will see re-releases. Some older figures I'd consider if they released them again as I doubt Hot Toys will get to them such as the Tusken Raider, Greedo, Bossk, IG-88. I'd rather see them focus on new characters though.

Look at the bright side... Nowhere in the product promotion page does it say "Empire Strikes Back" or "Return of the Jedi". Sideshow distributes HT products, so if SS specified a specific movie, HT couldn't sell that incarnation through them. This could be a good sign.

Just hoping out load...

My bad...Just went back to double check...
It does say Return of the Jedi. Crap.

At least they aren't charging more while giving less with this figure. It's up for $230 while the original deluxe figure was $250. Still though seems odd that they're re-releasing another figure. I wonder how many more figures will see re-releases. Some older figures I'd consider if they released them again as I doubt Hot Toys will get to them such as the Tusken Raider, Greedo, Bossk, IG-88. I'd rather see them focus on new characters though.

Don't forget the original came with a separate display stand and 3 part helmet with light up display stand. These elements seem like a no brainer for a ROTJ Vader and were only 20 bucks more.

Anyway, I hope this release didnt buck our chances for a Hot toys ROTJ Vader anytime soon.

god I really am starting to hate SS. they leave such a desperate impression every time i turn around.

Word.... I'm tired of their BS.
I was about to post about how I finally can relate to SSC's behaviors. . .all the ladies respond to me the way you all are responding to SSC now, and it just ain't right. Have some compassion for the sad and desperate, guys!

Seriously though, I'm glad to see this. Better gloves to replace the ones from the Hot Toys Vader I will be buying :yess: But otherwise, meh.

I'm just gonna start the unsubstantiated rumor train now and say that Disney isn't approving any NEW product from SSC, so they're stuck re-releasing old ones.

I'd imagine that Disney would have to approve any release, period. . . but it's possible that they're just being stingy right now. I mentioned in another thread that Disney and Hot Toys seem very cozy, so it wouldn't surprise me to see Disney pick a side, and not have one licensee cannibalize the other's sales.

I was about to post about how I finally can relate to SSC's behaviors. . .all the ladies respond to me the way you all are responding to SSC now, and it just ain't right. Have some compassion for the sad and desperate, guys!

Seriously though, I'm glad to see this. Better gloves to replace the ones from the Hot Toys Vader I will be buying :yess: But otherwise, meh.

Luckily, you'll also have the HT helmet, suit, and Saber, for your SS Vader.

Such symbiotic harmony:)

Don't forget the original came with a separate display stand and 3 part helmet with light up display stand. These elements seem like a no brainer for a ROTJ Vader and were only 20 bucks more.

Anyway, I hope this release didnt buck our chances for a Hot toys ROTJ Vader anytime soon.
Yeah I know the original deluxe figure had more accessories, I just meant that with their Boba Fett they took accessories away and charged $25 more for it. At least with this figure they're reducing the price $20 to reflect some of the missing items. Still not a fan of the re-releases though.

I just looked at their page. They pulled 250.00 Vader deluxe..unless I'm missing something?

This is substantially 'less' of a figure. No light-up saber, no removable helmet, no glowing stand... and that only saves you $20?

Thats what I was trying to say. Thanks for the clarity. I can't write when I'm angry.:hi5:

I imagine all this figure has going for it is that its $75 cheaper than the Hot Toys Vader.

Really, that's all Sideshow should be advertising: Hey, we got Vader for $75 less. That type of marketing does appeal to some.

Back