Sideshow Darth Vader Sixth Scale Figure - Return of the Jedi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suspect they're just trying to appeal to people who don't want to pay extra for the HT Vader, and clearly don't know any better.

Edit: Oops, looks like Wor-Gar beat me to it.

I'm still betting that HT will reveal their own ESB or ROTJ Vader before summer.

Then what happens to this?

Funny, people have been saying how Sideshow and HT are working together with the license... sure don't look like it.

I'm just gonna start the unsubstantiated rumor train now and say that Disney isn't approving any NEW product from SSC, so they're stuck re-releasing old ones.

I'd imagine that Disney would have to approve any release, period. . . but it's possible that they're just being stingy right now. I mentioned in another thread that Disney and Hot Toys seem very cozy, so it wouldn't surprise me to see Disney pick a side, and not have one licensee cannibalize the other's sales.

Remember when Dark Horse comics was losing the license to Marvel? They started pumping out a lot of reprint books before they ran out of time.

Sideshow should re-release R2D2 without electronics for $20 more.

I hope they get out of the 1/6 SW business soon. Hot Toys should find a new distributer. Maybe even open their own distribution office for North America.

This is really troubling. All these re-releases has me worried this means SSC is starting to transition out of SW 1/6.

Yeah, this is just a cash grab while the hype is going on without new investment costs, but they're not putting much new out there SW-wise at all, which is weird given the first new SW movie in 10 years is going to make $2B worldwide.

Even many of the figs they have upcoming are just re-use - R5, Imperial Astromech, ATAT driver. I think this might be the beginning of the end and whether you're a HT or SSC fanboy, that's bad news for SW 1/6 collectors.

I'm still betting that HT will reveal their own ESB or ROTJ Vader before summer.

Then what happens to this?

Funny, people have been saying how Sideshow and HT are working together with the license... sure don't look like it.

Reminds me of the Hot Toys/Enterbay feud. Always trying to one-up each other or trying to see who has the bigger d***.

I think Hot Toys is playing nice, but SS can't help themselves while trying steal Fett and Vader orders.

Remember back when Hot Toys and someone else where also going head-to-head and squashing the others' announcements? I think they did that with the Godfather and some other ones. Like one would release a photo of a head sculpt, then the other company would quickly release a photo of their superior head sculpt. Who was that? Enterbay? There were some other battles and it was pretty entertaining!

I'm just gonna start the unsubstantiated rumor train now and say that Disney isn't approving any NEW product from SSC, so they're stuck re-releasing old ones.

I'd imagine that Disney would have to approve any release, period. . . but it's possible that they're just being stingy right now. I mentioned in another thread that Disney and Hot Toys seem very cozy, so it wouldn't surprise me to see Disney pick a side, and not have one licensee cannibalize the other's sales.

If this is true, at least disney chose the right side.

These re-releases just seem like pathetic desperation.

This is really troubling. All these re-releases has me worried this means SSC is starting to transition out of SW 1/6.

Yeah, this is just a cash grab while the hype is going on without new investment costs, but they're not putting much new out there SW-wise at all, which is weird given the first new SW movie in 10 years is going to make $2B worldwide.

Even many of the figs they have upcoming are just re-use - R5, Imperial Astromech, ATAT driver. I think this might be the beginning of the end and whether you're a HT or SSC fanboy, that's bad news for SW 1/6 collectors.

If that's the case, I guess that means no more cool secondary aliens.

I can retrace the chain of events that led to my frustration, paranoia and anti-social diagnosis.

1. Jango Fett is released in "Humpy Dumpty in fragile pieces after his fall" fashion.
2. X-Wing Luke is released with a staggering price.
3. The x wing Luke price is paid and then we see the head sculpt
4. Hot Toys steam rolls forward while blowing our minds with speed and accuracy for the most part
5. SS re-releases Boba Fett with less
6. SS Vader is re-released
7. Generic hexagon bases run rampant through the city

Did I miss anything?

I was hopeful when they teased Zuckuss and Dengar... but losing hope quickly that they'll waste their time with figures like that.

I see re-release Tusken Raiders, Dewback, Emperor...

The interesting thing is, Disney must have said "back off on the PT clones" otherwise you'd think SS would re-release Cody and so many others. I think Disney doesn't want to complicate or cannibalize against their new stormtrooper variants.

Oh I will miss all of those sideshow clone troopers. Respect.

1044782133498940774.gif

Sideshow being Sideshow.

This is such a crappy way to do collectibles. What's the point of buying a Sideshow figure now? "No don't buy that. Wait for the re-release next year."

A re release again just like Boba with less and asking about the same as the first. Poor old Sideshow. Not buying this load of garbage.

I can retrace the chain of events that led to my frustration, paranoia and anti-social diagnosis.

1. Jango Fett is released in "Humpy Dumpty in fragile pieces after his fall" fashion.
2. X-Wing Luke is released with a staggering price.
3. The x wing Luke price is paid and then we see the head sculpt
4. Hot Toys steam rolls forward while blowing our minds with speed and accuracy for the most part
5. SS re-releases Boba Fett with less
6. SS Vader is re-released
7. Generic hexagon bases run rampant through the city

Did I miss anything?

Edited: 8. The Darth Maul 2.0 release with no cloak and staggering price.

SS doesn't know what they're doing anymore. Look up at the freaks' banner to see their new releases. Ugly & expensive Green Lantern with no light up feature. Loki which is being sold 4 years after the excitement of the first Avengers movie.

Force Awakens, Batman V Superman, Civil War... Hot Toys is ON IT! SS is too busy digging their own grave!

Back