Sideshow Darth Maul Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah replacement head looks like first run. Is the replacement smaller or just the camera angle (edit: never mind, the initial photos look to be the same size)?

Was looking at old pics I’d take of my original Mail PF and remembering how good a pose it was and used it to repose my figure.

F8E6C5EF-3392-4886-92B8-F623478534FA.jpeg

I recently picked up this figure from fellow Freak and I am in no hurry to order the HT version. (perhaps some loose parts, eventually.)

This has to be one of Sideshow's best 1/6 figure releases, even as bare-bones as it is.

I don't have many PT figures in my collection but definitely wanted Darth Maul and definitely glad to get this one. Still working on final pose. Too many good ones to choose...

Darth Maul 1.jpg

Darth Maul 2.jpg

Can anyone confirm what the thing is near his neck that looks like a white spec or zipper in tons of photos? Is it just poor stitching on the shirt or is that a zipper or something? Always been super distracting to me.

I just checked the figure and it's not white or a zipper. Appears to be black plastic behind the fabric to hold it in place. It only catches the light, for me, at certain angles, when lit by a flashlight). Definitely not noticeable.

Z5%LeVc%QfGZzeXHA6dm+A.jpg

Looking for advice, this is the second head I got as a replacement

Before the second replacement, I tried to clarify that I only wanted one of the old heads in the first place, so sending a second head from the new/inferior design won't solve my problem, but I didn't get a reply, but got this new head

First replacement had an unpainted horn and it wasn't the old design
Second one seems to have some scuffs on the jaw area, and it's again one of the new heads

So I'm pretty confused about this issue in general, looking for advice (usually when something like this happens, I usually sell the item for cheap, or gift it, and move on, as it's usually hard to bear, so maybe it's what I should do now)

Request another one until satisfied. That chin has definite paint rubs.

I think at this point, they most probably only have the new heads available, so they may offer a full refund if not satisfied.

That’s really sad. The original release was so nice. I just don’t understand why Sideshow struggles so much with their 1/6 figures and yet they continue to raise prices on them. Just awful.

View attachment 434610

Before the second replacement, I tried to clarify that I only wanted one of the old heads in the first place, so sending a second head from the new/inferior design won't solve my problem, but I didn't get a reply, but got this new head

Second one seems to have some scuffs on the jaw area, and it's again one of the new heads

So I'm pretty confused about this issue in general, looking for advice (usually when something like this happens, I usually sell the item for cheap, or gift it, and move on, as it's usually hard to bear, so maybe it's what I should do now)

Just sell this one, and buy the old one from eBay.
From the eBay pics, look at the face, you can see which one is old and which one is new. Dog nose is one of the trademark of the old heads.

Thank god I got this when it first released. These re-releases are awful. Sideshow didn’t drop the ball... they threw it across the room.

Seeing Maul next to one of HTs best SW sculpts, makes me think that HT Maul will have a very hard time beating this one. The quality is no doubt on par with Anakin.
33b4554a19a2da00b844c62b765d58c4.jpg

View attachment 434610

Wow...what the "F" happened here and who that this was okay to send out? Ouch....

The old heads are history by now and as for the new versions-I got the first run-guess I was lucky, eh? Good luck on round three. Just...wow.

Back