Sideshow Darth Maul Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I.... might steal that pose. :D

I just did it on my lunch break so I didn’t have time to give a solid effort but this was the basis for it, trying to make good use of the added head/neck articulation over past Maul figures.

singapore_maul.jpg

that pic alone shows how this doesn't look like Ray Park. It's definitely SS's best paint app and realism is there. But HT should be able to make the sculpt work while not hoping to remove the lines to color in like SS does for every Maul sculpt. I love this figure which is why i have two of them with multiple heads, but this looks like Maul from battlefront 2 versus Ray Park darth Maul. I have faith in HT and will pick a couple of those up too when the time comes. Maul is my favorite SW character.

Lol, I had that one. Back then it was like "how can they do any better on the likeness?!?" :lol

Me too. At one point, even cave men thought the paintings on the cave walls were spot on.

In about fifteen years, we'll have mini Darth Mauls and Obi-Wan Padawans dueling like the fates around our kitchen countertops, I'm guessing. And I mean actually dueling.

Awesome shots Brainiac
Thanks man :hi5:
Sick. Love that top one.
Thanks Craig :D I took a long hour and tried a new technique with the lightsaber effects and dynamic lighting. Totally worth it seeing how it came out :woo
Lol, I had that one. Back then it was like "how can they do any better on the likeness?!?" :lol
Huge difference there, but seeing what Hot Toys were when they started out that would have been top notch by comparison :lol
Me too. At one point, even cave men thought the paintings on the cave walls were spot on.

In about fifteen years, we'll have mini Darth Mauls and Obi-Wan Padawans dueling like the fates around our kitchen countertops, I'm guessing. And I mean actually dueling.
Will they be mini though? As soon as we have androids and synthetic humans we can easily have Zabraks, Avatars and all kinds of stuff :lol We may literally be able to spectate the fight scene in VR rooms. Fight Maul yourself :lol

Honestly, it's very neutral in expression, but the overall likeness is quite spot on for Ray Park, it impressed me even then, but even a repaint wouldn't alter how relaxed his brown is and all.

Just sharing my Maul. Love the figure due to its pose-ability...

20170509_184345_edited.jpg

apologies for the crappy mobile camera...

I've got this beast of a figure - and as time goes by, I'd almost go so far as to say it's the best (most Hot Toys like) 1/6 figure SSC ever produced.

Definitely Sideshows best. Proof they can do good. Body is still undesirable but I can live with it.

What's the complaint with the body? I haven't done rigorous posing but I've been able to get him into any pose I've tried for and it holds well, doesn't feel loose or floppy.

Back