Sideshow Darth Maul Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a huge Maul fan and have both V1 and V2 and the medi version too. I can post pics this weekend.

I have the old Medicom Maul and my Sideshow one should arrive today. I'll try to get some side by side comparisons.

Thank you both very much. Wanted to see how they compare and if I made the right choice selling off my Medi. Also if the old SS sculpt was larger than the new one.

Holy ****! This 80cm x 80cm x 80cm lightbox I bought off ebay for AUD$35 is a lot bigger than I imagined! It even comes with different coloured backdrops that attach at the rear with velcro! Time for me to take some half-decent photos from now on lol!! :)

View attachment 301250
What company should I search for? I've been wanting a better way to take pics and that would be perfect.

Medicom vs Sideshow Sculpts. IMO Sideshow wins hands down.

Front
29973916184_b8bcdf1de9_b.jpg

Side
30605804985_06a31215fe_b.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3001_zpsqexhd9jy.jpg
    IMG_3001_zpsqexhd9jy.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 241
I agree about the coloring, I can get the same coloring by increasing contrast and pumping up the saturation. does any have pictures of the prototype that wasn't sourced from Sideshow? Just curious if the proto was just photoshopped.

For comparison sake to the real Maul

Darth_Maul_profile.jpg

Seems this is the picture they used for reference. Here was the initial proto shot:

star-wars-dart-maul-sixth-scale-100156-01.jpg

but I would have loved something like the ones below..

Maul_snarl.jpg
main-qimg-c324194d0b90295d2084c1916b746377-c.jpg

Photoshopped, but I kept the stand in the same position in order to do the comparison. So that is a good comparison. The old head is slightly larger than the new one.

With hood.
30569865846_4c34cc3579_b.jpg

Definitely looks like the best 1/6 Maul... and good to see there is still some skin texture there, not an extreme amount but actually looks about right.

The eyes are well placed and clean, but too simplistic. A little more bleed around the edges of the red and more of a transition from yellow to orange to red would really punch it up.

I don't have one in hand, but if anyone would like the eyes repainted I'd be happy to offer my services.

My maul looks awesome and my lightsaber wasn't bent.

I'd definitely grab him with a coupon if you're someone debating on whether or not to get him.

I do have the first Maul stored away somewhere. Come to think about it, don't recall opening it. I got him with Qui-Gonn and simply waited for the Duel of the Fates trio...

Can't believe people need a full-size compare to see if the new Maul was better than the old 2006 Maul. :lol There's no comparison.

Will figures 10 years from now also make those released today look like Happy Meal Toys? I remember that old "Inclusive" Maul blowing us away and you were probably counting the days until you had him in hand so you could pose him nude with Qui Gon on your kitchen counter. :lol

Back